Forums

Topic: Do you play gamecube games on the wii?

Posts 1 to 20 of 88

mochi

One of the main reasons I bought the wii was so that I can play my gamecube that I couldn't give up.

mochi

kkslider5552000

Well I recently bought Super Monkey Ball 2 and finally beat that game.

And also it was necessary to play GCN during 2008 when almost no games were coming out after Mario Kart.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

And also it was necessary to play GCN during 2008 when almost no games were coming out after Mario Kart.

Maybe for you.

Yes, I play Gamecube game on my Wii. The last game I beat on it was... either Super Mario Sunshine or Twin Snakes. For the 20th time.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

RevolverLink

Yep, I replayed Wind Waker on it not too long ago and I plan on replaying the Pikmin games for the umpteenth time soon.

Avatar - Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Currently Playing - Suikoden II
The Revloggery

Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

FonistofCruxis

Yep, I got Mario golf: Toadstool tour a few weeks ago and have been playing that but I'm not that good at it. I also started a second file on my beloved Tales of Symphonia with my friend and play that whenever he comes round.

cakeashi

yeah- wind waker,twin snakes and resi remake and zero get an annual smashing!! double dash is also more fun than mariokart wii in my opinion.

no one calls soundwave unchrasamatic!!
3ds fc:1375-7788-5773
xbox gamertag: cakeashi
ps3 gamer tag:foxhound_666
feel free to add me on any console but please message and let me know :)

Twitter:

Late

Don't have GameCube. Just bought my first GCN games few weeks ago so now I play Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 4 and Sonic Gems Collection on my Wii.

Late

Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tasuki

Yep mainly Soul Caliber 2, the Gamecube Zelda Collection and The Megaman A.C.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Vincent294

If I could get my hands on a new Nintendo-made controller I would...

Vincent294

Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Vincent294

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well I recently bought Super Monkey Ball 2 and finally beat that game.

And also it was necessary to play GCN during 2008 when almost no games were coming out after Mario Kart.

Oh, now those were tough times, especially considering I just got my Wii then. 2011 is complete overload.

Vincent294

Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

kkslider5552000

VincentV wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well I recently bought Super Monkey Ball 2 and finally beat that game.

And also it was necessary to play GCN during 2008 when almost no games were coming out after Mario Kart.

Oh, now those were tough times, especially considering I just got my Wii then. 2011 is complete overload.

It's a good thing I got a 360 before then and had time to get lots of (mostly cheap) Xbox original/360 games and a fan translation was made of the best RPG ever made because 2008 was a pretty awful year for gaming, especially compared to gaming afterwards.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Vincent294

kkslider5552000 wrote:

VincentV wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

And also it was necessary to play GCN during 2008 when almost no games were coming out after Mario Kart.

Oh, now those were tough times, especially considering I just got my Wii then. 2011 is complete overload.

It's a good thing I got a 360 before then and had time to get lots of (mostly cheap) Xbox original/360 games and a fan translation was made of the best RPG ever made because 2008 was a pretty awful year for gaming, especially compared to gaming afterwards.

No. 2011 rules for gaming. It puts the past to shame. There's just too many great games.

Vincent294

Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

kkslider5552000

VincentV wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

VincentV wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

And also it was necessary to play GCN during 2008 when almost no games were coming out after Mario Kart.

Oh, now those were tough times, especially considering I just got my Wii then. 2011 is complete overload.

It's a good thing I got a 360 before then and had time to get lots of (mostly cheap) Xbox original/360 games and a fan translation was made of the best RPG ever made because 2008 was a pretty awful year for gaming, especially compared to gaming afterwards.

No. 2011 rules for gaming.

...I wasn't disagreeing with you...

...

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Vincent294

kkslider5552000 wrote:

VincentV wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It's a good thing I got a 360 before then and had time to get lots of (mostly cheap) Xbox original/360 games and a fan translation was made of the best RPG ever made because 2008 was a pretty awful year for gaming, especially compared to gaming afterwards.

No. 2011 rules for gaming.

...I wasn't disagreeing with you...

...

Oops. My bad. Sorry.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

FonistofCruxis

kkslider5552000 wrote:

VincentV wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well I recently bought Super Monkey Ball 2 and finally beat that game.

And also it was necessary to play GCN during 2008 when almost no games were coming out after Mario Kart.

Oh, now those were tough times, especially considering I just got my Wii then. 2011 is complete overload.

It's a good thing I got a 360 before then and had time to get lots of (mostly cheap) Xbox original/360 games and a fan translation was made of the best RPG ever made because 2008 was a pretty awful year for gaming, especially compared to gaming afterwards.

I agree that 2008 could have been better but there was still SSBB, MKW, NMH, TWEWY, Professor Layton and the curious village and Wario land: the shake dimension.

CanisWolfred

I played Metroid Prime just last month. I couldn't quite get into it, though. And yeah, I put my Gamecube in storage, so if I want to play games from the greatest generation, I need to put it in my Wii.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic