Forums

Topic: Ding-dang smoking gamers!

Posts 21 to 27 of 27

madgear

I remember when I used to rent games back in the day. Every game would stink of cigarette smoke. I always remember I associated that smell with rental stores - every video we got smelt of it and then every game smelt of it. That smell will probably trigger nostalgic memories of my youth these days (despite no one in my family ever smoking).

madgear

nintendograbber

Sean+Aaron wrote:

I thought about taking it back, but it was mainly the jacket and I really couldn't be bothered. I got the new jacket today and everything is rosy again.

My father was a chain smoker before his stroke and drove a big rig for a living. He sent my daughter a bunch of soft toys and then some actually rather nice books which smelled like they must have been in the cab of his truck for weeks -- no way we could give them to her. They were all new so we simply left them out in a storage cupboard outside the main flat for weeks and eventually they were okay. I just couldn't believe how oblivious he was about the issue!

your dad sounds alot like my dad, only, mine hasnt had a stroke and still drives trucks. thanks to him my entire house smells like cigarettes.

Wii Number-7678 3196 4328 4590

Machu

Moral of the story... don't smoke buy 2nd hand games or hardware.

Rawr!

Sean_Aaron

MAddogz wrote:

wouldn't the silicon jacket turn yellow before it smells???

No, I would expect it to turn yellow after a long period of handling by a person with seriously nicotine-stained fingers. Thanks for putting that image in my head, though!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

MAddogz

lol

sorry Aaron... Everytime some heavy smoker uses my wiimote it turns a lil bit yellow, but then I just wipe it off... but normaly it turns brown... is it the dried sweat??? The fingers don't look dirty to me...

[/url]

[url=http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=MAddogz]MAddogz's Backloggery

Thoughts are free, who can guess them?
They flee by like nocturnal shadows.
No man can know them, no hunter can shoot them,
with powder and lea...

Sean_Aaron

I think it's smoke residue collecting on their fingers and coming off with the oil that's naturally on your fingertips.

I don't want to think about it any more!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.