Forums

Topic: Did Wii Live Up To It's Codename?

Posts 101 to 120 of 123

AlexSays

kyuubikid213 wrote:

everything revolutionizes SOMETHING in SOME WAY.

So then it doesn't mean much to be revolutionary, because everything is. There's not much of a point to this thread then.

We may as well ask people if they think their kids are special.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Morphtroid wrote:

@AlexSays: Stop bothering your brothers or I'll have to frisk your comments to find something to nitpick about.

I don't believe my brother has an account here, actually. lol

And you can frisk any of my comments. Anything more than that, and I'll have to start charging.

AlexSays

theblackdragon

@Alex: naah, just post what you want to say and then pick and choose who you'd like to respond to if someone jumps on you. or pick and choose who to jump onto (because you know they'll give you intelligent discussion) :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

AlexSays wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

everything revolutionizes SOMETHING in SOME WAY.

So then it doesn't mean much to be revolutionary, because everything is. There's not much of a point to this thread then.

We may as well ask people if they think their kids are special.

In the grand scheme of things, there's not much point to any thread. I mean, after the arguments and comments are done, the thread will vanish from the NintendoLife home page and eventually get buried amongst the other forgotten threads.

But, if that's the case, then almost nothing is revolutionary, as you've already stated. I withdraw my statement of the Wii living up to its codename. The Wii was incredible and it changed the way I use motion controls in gaming thus making it the best system of this generation to me. But it was in no way revolutionary...

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

I-U

I do feel that the Wii has been a revolution in terms of what can be possible for entertaining and enjoyable games. Wii Fit made getting up and moving a very fun gaming experience with its selection of minigames and pleasing sound effects for doing great on its exercises. Motion controls in general really helped bring out more depth in terms of immersion, especially for games like Metroid Prime Trilogy and Wii Sports. The Super Mario series completely changed shape in the Galaxy games, and just this year, Xenoblade Chronicles blew me away with its outstanding use of the Wii's power to create gorgeous expansive environments filled with interesting enemies and character backstories.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

AlexSays

7982 wrote:

naah, just post what you want to say and then pick and choose who you'd like to respond to if someone jumps on you. or pick and choose who to jump onto (because you know they'll give you intelligent discussion) :3

There's no fun in that. I'm like the Bill Clinton of discussion, I like jumping with anyone.

32920 wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, there's not much point to any thread. I mean, after the arguments and comments are done, the thread will vanish from the NintendoLife home page and eventually get buried amongst the other forgotten threads.

This is true, I like your existentialist approach. lol

AlexSays

FOREST_RANGER

While the console wasn't revolutionary in my eyes, I just liked how distinct it was from other consoles in...well, everything

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Chrno-x

AlexSays wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

@alex your thinking to hard about it, it like how the iPad revolutionized touch screen gaming

[/div]

Opposed to thinking about it less and not being right? I'm content with my choice.

There's just mass confusion over what being 'revolutionary' actually means. According to you all, everything is revolutionary in some way. The 360, PS3, Wii, previous consoles, handhelds, everything. That's just an awful interpretation of what 'revolutionary' technology actually is.

Very few advances in technology are revolutionary and absolutely change what came before them. The internet was revolutionary. The technology used to send satellites into space was revolutionary. The Wii using motion controls that were previously better on other platforms? Not revolutionary. >.>

This entire discussion is so ridiculous I almost can't believe I'm having it.

But you're also don't understand what others are saying. Why Wii was a Revolution with motion controls? Because it was a standard controller for a platform not an atachment like PlayStation Move and it was specifically made for games. It's revolutionary because in gaming idustry nobody else make it to this scale. It's not that because they where first that created this technology, It's because they bring it first to us consumers, to us gamers. That's why it's a revolution in its own way. The same is with analog joysticks and rumble feature, nobody else did make it on that scale, nobody else did bring it to us as a default feature because everyone else was pissing their pants and thinked that it won't sell.
You're saying that from the 80's it was arleady on PC but show me those huge line up of titles that were saying "We're gonna promote Motion Controls and in the near future it's gonna be a standard to all PCs", that didn't happened right?
Oh and one last thing: Revolution means not only something completely new but something that change the industry and change the way of thinking about something, and Wii with it's motion controls was a huge success, everyone was talking about it, everyone wanted to try this.

Nintendo "He with the best games wins"

3DS FC:
Wii FC: 7964-7540-9921-2263
MH3 ID: 12K3UQ name: Chrno
Gamertag: Chrno X360

Aviator

It was revolutionary with waggle controls.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

JustAnotherUser

It lived up to it's codename.
Why? it introduced motion control gaming to the masses and made it "mainstream".
There's no point in arguing about it as it comes down to personal opinion.

Edited on by theblackdragon

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

@Haywired Just don't go to or watch an Apple Keynote then.
Not only is the word "innovation" constantly used but there's also a ridiculous amount of clapping.

JustAnotherUser

Hokori

Sigh too much arguing... If you know your right don't respond, that's what I'll do from here on out

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

19Robb92

I definitely did.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Reala

Many video games have their roots in the Renaissance era, pretty sure Leonardo Da Vinci had a working TV and home console with a gramophone add on attachment amongst other things.

Untitled

Also

19Robb92 wrote:

I definitely did.

congrats on living up to your code name!!!

Reala

pikku

I don't know, but it definitely lived up to it's final name. I love my Wii

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

FOREST_RANGER

pikmaniac wrote:

I love my Wii

We're sure it loves you back

@Revolution topic: I sincerely blame marketing from tech companies and mass media for throwing around the poorly abused words like revolution and innovation. Not to mention the term 4G >:[

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

grumblebuzzz

I think the Wii most definitely lived up to its codename. I can't think of another console in history as revolutionary and influential. The Wii wasn't a mere graphical upgrade (and as a matter of fact, as we all know, it didn't even live up to its competition in terms of power) but instead it changed the way we could play games and put motion controls — love em or hate em — on the map all across the business.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Banker-Style

The Wii was a true revolution,and the Wii U will have a hard job to better it.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.