Forums

Topic: Super Mario Collection discussion thread

Posts 161 to 166 of 166

the_shpydar

"We are exploring the option of bringing this item back at a later date.” =/= It is getting another production run.

That said, i wouldn't be surprised at all to see them re-release just the game disc without the full extras packaging. Perhaps even the full package too, but i'd think the former is more likely.

/begin annoying shpydar-rant.

But really, who cares if they do? Were people seriously buying the game in the hopes of selling it in a buncha years at a hefty mark-up? I mean, of course i know there were some people doing that, but frankly, that's just stupid. And if people paid a premium price thinking it was going to be the only way to get it, well that sucks for them, but nobody forced them to do it.

/end annoying shpydar-rant.

Rabbits.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Rob_mc_1

KaiserGX wrote:

Why does everything need to be like that. They are a company and they make money, but people make it sound like they only do things for money power hungry reasons. If Nintendo would do whatever $ will tell them to do they would have brought Mother 3 as well as other stuff.

Besides it says they are exploring an options, so who knows what they are cooking up (or not).

I think my statement still stands. It really comes down to looking at the point of diminishing returns. To produce a second run of an already made game which had little development time where the only costs is about a buck or two in materials with high markup that will sell well is an easier choice then to import a game and put it through localization that may not sell as well. there are a lot of things Nintendo could bring over but probably won't because to them the sales figures don't justify the money they put into the task. Chibi-Robo had a sequel on the DS but it most likely won't leave Japan because of low sales figures of Park Patrol. So to Nintendo it wouldn't be worth it. I would recommend listening to "The Things I do for Money" by the Northern Pikes

♠♦♣

the_shpydar

Omigosh! You mean companies make decisions based on production cost vs financial return? No way!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

zeeroid

I can't believe it; this game is already out of stock everywhere. Despite the fact that it was horribly overpriced, even at retail, now it's selling for upwards of $75 on Ebay and people are buying. Nintendo wasn't kidding about it being limited edition, I guess, because it doesn't look like there'll be any more shipments. I thought it would be around for at least a couple months. o_o

Even though I still feel a bit ripped off about buying the game (I don't regret it though -- I'm such a fanboy), it makes me feel a little better about it knowing that it's already reached the ranks of 'collector's item'.

3DS: 1676 - 3679 - 7062
PSN: Zeer0id

Pushmo puzzle album (w/ QR codes)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.