Wii Forum

Topic: Can i trade my wii for a 360?

Showing 1 to 18 of 18

AuthorMessage

Mariokartwii1

1. Posted:

No i do not hate nintendo thats just the first thing i want to point out and also no im not a cod fanboy or a microsoft fanboy. I dont play my wii anymore the last i've played it was like maybe 7 months ago and i want to try something new i'm already and expert with nintendo and sony systems i wanna try and xbox 360 and enjoy it. So do you know any places? Please dont mention ebay or amazon.

3ds code: 0087-3118-5257 name mike
Mario kart wii code: 1635-4991-7548
SSBB code: 5028-3391-9214

http://mariokartwiitonline.chatango.com/

AuthorMessage

Knux

2. Posted:

You can't trade a Wii for a 360, but you can sell it and use the money to buy a 360. But why not get a PS3 instead? It's the best current-gen console.

And you should totally buy a 360 from Amazon or eBay.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

3. Posted:

You'll get the most money selling it privately, but there's nowhere you'll be able to just swap it. The best you could hope for would be some credit towards a 360 from somewhere like Gamespot.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

4. Posted:

The first thing that comes to mind is Gamestop. There trade in policy though is pretty, meh.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

Hokori

5. Posted:

Yeah I know what you mean haven't touched a real wii game in over 18 months :( but that's because of the 3DS, I think you can trade it in, but question, do you have a lot of VC and if you do, do you plan on picking up a WiiU? Because if so you might want to wait to transfer VC data over

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

VincentV

6. Posted:

Mariokartwii1 wrote:

No i do not hate nintendo thats just the first thing i want to point out and also no im not a cod fanboy or a microsoft fanboy. I dont play my wii anymore the last i've played it was like maybe 7 months ago and i want to try something new i'm already and expert with nintendo and sony systems i wanna try and xbox 360 and enjoy it. So do you know any places? Please dont mention ebay or amazon.

My 360 is amazing. I love Skyrim and Minecraft. Halo 3 goes without saying, and 4 looks interesting. I also can't wait for Resident Evil 6. Trade in your Wii, and get a Wii U for its games and backwards compatibility for Wii games (later, if you can only get the 360). Use the extra* money from the Wii to get a 360 (* = might be only money).

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

7. Posted:

Get a PS3 or wait for the next gen.

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

8. Posted:

if you won't sell on eBay or Amazon, Gamestop is kinda the only other place, unless you've got some sort of local game retailer that might take your WIi against a 360. In both cases, though, I'm pretty sure the Wii wouldn't be worth too much against it, though, so you might be better off keeping your Wii and just purchasing the 360 separately when there's a good sale going on :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

9. Posted:

If you have a friend that wants a cheap Wii sell it to him/her for $100. Cheap for him/her, good amount for you.

Edited on by DashChargedShot

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10. Posted:

I'd be amazed if you'd be able to afford more than one 360 game for trading in a Wii in 2012.

also, Xenoblade exists so...fail.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

11. Posted:

What a great place to ask this question, on Nintendo forums.

You're seriously not going to get anything for your Wii, especially if you trade it into GameStop :D

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

12. Posted:

With the Wii U just around the corner, I don't envy your chances. Unless you have that old Wii loaded with SD card games I don't see how you could sell it for enough money to buy an Xbox at this point.

Knux wrote:

But why not get a PS3 instead?

He said he wanted to try something new and you can never rely on Sony for that.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

DeMoN-13ruce

13. Posted:

no chance butwhy 360 paying for online what you already do......for your internet

Edited on by DeMoN-13ruce

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

14. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Knux wrote:

But why not get a PS3 instead?

He said he wanted to try something new and you can never rely on Sony for that.

I hope you're being ironic or something. I really do.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

moomoo

15. Posted:

DeMoN-13ruce wrote:

no chance butwhy 360 paying for online what you already do......for your internet

You do realize that $60 a year is a very small amount of money, right? That's basically $5 a month; that's incredibly insignificant. That's basically ramen instead of a Big Mac meal for a single meal over the course of a month. Plus, XBL doesn't get hacked for a month or have firmware updates that take an extrordinarily long time for things that barely anyone wanted in the first place.

Plus, you need to keep in mind that if one of the main incentives to buying a 360 is to play multiplayer with friends, then it kind of makes sense to go for the option your friends have. Just saying.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

16. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

if you won't sell on eBay or Amazon, Gamestop is kinda the only other place, unless you've got some sort of local game retailer that might take your WIi against a 360. In both cases, though, I'm pretty sure the Wii wouldn't be worth too much against it, though, so you might be better off keeping your Wii and just purchasing the 360 separately when there's a good sale going on :3

Agree with what TBD said but I would like to add that the holidays are coming up in a few months. If I were you I would just wait to see what bundles and deals come out than. You have been this long without a 360 whats a couple of months.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

17. Posted:

I wouldn't recommend this for two reasons. First, if you have a lot Virtual Console games, that's a ton of money down the drain if you get rid of the Wii since the games are tied to the machine. Second-and this is coming from somebody who has been on the 360 bandwagon since its announcement- Xbox 360 is way past its prime years. There was once a time when you could count on it to deliver by far the best online experience along with some great exclusive games. Many multiplats also used to play better on 360 for whatever reason. However, Sony has now caught up on the online front, provides much better exclusives and multiplat games are pretty much equal in terms of performance.

Honestly, with Wii U set to be released in just a few months, I say just try as best you can to get by with the Wii for a little longer. If you haven't played The Last Story yet, consider getting that or maybe some other games you missed out on earlier this gen. 3DS has also had some great games lately to help make the wait easier.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

18. Posted:

Knux wrote:

You can't trade a Wii for a 360, but you can sell it and use the money to buy a 360. But why not get a PS3 instead? It's the best current-gen console.

And you should totally buy a 360 from Amazon or eBay.

Listen to this man.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury