Forums

Topic: Can Any Japanese Readers Help?

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

SmaMan

I just imported a pre-owned Gamecube game: SD Gundam Super Gashapon Wars. I can get past the memory card data screen, but it seems to get stuck at this error message: http://twitpic.com/qbyaw

Can anyone tell me what this says? Is it perhaps a disc read error?

3DS FC: 0688-5773-0158

Twitter:

ReZon

Is your system imported too? (Both the Gamecube and Wii are region locked).

Edited on by ReZon

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

SmaMan

It's a US Wii that I'm using Gecko OS on for the region free capabilities. Is that what the message is pointing to?

Twitter:

theblackdragon

idk what a disc read error message looks like, but what it looks like it's saying (some of the text in the image is blurry to the point of illegibility, lol) is:

ERROR ga hassei shimashita.
An error has occurred.
hontai no POWER BUTTON o oshite dengen o OFF ni shi, hontai no toriatsukaisetsumeisho no
shiji ni shitagatte kudasai.
Please push the power button to 'off' and follow the directions in the user manual.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SmaMan

Yeah, sorry, the best thing I have is my phone camera. But it does sound a bit like a disc read error. Could be trying to load the opening cutscene and that part is scratched/dusty. (It was pre-owned...)
Thanks for the translation help!
Here's a better image... I hope: http://twitpic.com/qe6mh/full

Twitter:

Ramandus

HAHAHA Blackdragon.. I was just going to say something similar, but it looks like you could understand it better.

I kept reading "POWERBUTTON" as "POWER POTAN".

Edited on by Ramandus

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

theblackdragon

@SmaMan: the better image matches what i got from the farther away one, so it looks like a pretty generic error. may want to look into getting that disc repaired if it's really scratched up. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

SmaMan

It looks pretty smudged up actually. I don't know if there are any good disc repair shops around here. Does anyone know if Play-Asia does returns?

Twitter:

theblackdragon

@SmaMan: some gamestops, gamecrazys, and rental places offer disc repair for a small fee, and other places that sell DVDs usually also sell CD/DVD repair kits that would probably work on your disk. dunno if Play-Asia does returns, try checking their policies on their site? :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Sean_Aaron

There are a couple of Games from Namco that won't use save data if booted using some kind of soft or hardware mod to evade region-coding -- are you sure that isn't happening here only the publisher decided to block the game running? Midway Arcade Treasures 2 does the exact same thing if you try to launch a game using GeckoOS, so I wouldn't assume your disc is bad; just that your method of booting it doesn't work.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

SmaMan

Hmm... well it IS a game by Bandai, and they are merged with Namco now... that might just be the problem. I've tried it with another GC booter and I got the same message.

Twitter:

SmaMan

I bet a Japanese Gamecube would be pretty cheap right now... not sure what else I would use it for though, and it may even be that it is just a disc read error... ah, who knows!

Twitter:

Sean_Aaron

That's the conflict! I did consider one of those hacked US Gamecubes that have a switch to change regions between NA and Japan, but then I'd be missing out on all the good downloads, so I'd just save my pennies and get the Japanese Wii, it's worth it for the VC content alone!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

SmaMan

Very true... unfortunately paying for college is taking up a good bit of my income. But Wiis are dropping in price... and hey I might get lucky one day...

Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.