Forums

Topic: Buy Any NPC Games? Stop It!

Posts 241 to 260 of 281

Kizzi

I'm sorry about my conversation with Alex. It was off topic, definately, but I didn't see why ya needed to delete it???
Anyways, I guess there was something wrong. Sorry bout that.

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AlexSays

Party+On+Dude wrote:

Yeah I appologive too; yet I was just stating the obvious (I do that all of the time just to show I'm ten times smarter than everyone else); & that this thread is stupid if people keep hating on the New Play Control series! Like I said its insulting!

Wanting new games is stupid?

Ease our worry and provide proof NPC games haven't affected the release of any other Nintendo games.

Party+On+Dude wrote:

Here's an idea; change the name of this thread...

Here's an idea; no.

But I appreciate the suggestion.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Adam

Party Dude Person, I fail to see how that is insulting. Unless you are an NPC, you can either agree or disagree, but if someone says NPCs aren't worth it, that should not offend anyone. Being emotional about other people's opinions on video games isn't really logical.

Objection_Blaster wrote:

I'm a little surprised that so many posts were deleted for "arguing" as opposed to "insulting."

I believe he meant arguing about the insults, which would probably account for all my missing posts. Now that we know where to report posts to, there's no need to argue about this anyway, so I have no qualms. All of the main argument (about NPCs) seems to be preserved, though who could really say when we just lost about half the thread.

Anyway, that was fun, though I miss all the side conversations about different movie characters, etc. We'll just have to make a silliness thread next time like Chicken's "Iwata" thread.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

CowLaunch

Aaaaah! Nanaki killed my dog! Adam gave me that dog. Well, I guess he had his reasons, pehaps it kept on humping his leg.

Oh, NPC. Er, well I was thinking that it would be good to have Luigi's Mansion with new controls, but then I realised that I would just prefer a slightly more expensive sequel.

CowLaunch

Objection

A part of my soul is missing along with the posts... T.T Nah, I'm over it!

AlexSays wrote:

Ricardo91 wrote:

Wow! 15 pages deleted! Must be a new record! XD

That's nothing.
My next thread will have at least that many pages just calling me stupid, guaranteed.
And I'm not sure I'll have an Adam to back me up in that one either.

Well I hope that not the goal, at least. Forum: "AlexSays is Stupid!"

CowLaunch wrote:

Oh, NPC. Er, well I was thinking that it would be good to have Luigi's Mansion with new controls, but then I realised that I would just prefer a slightly more expensive sequel.

Excellent point and what this thread is about! Let's have sequels to these games as well! Only that would ease my annoyance with all these ports! (Plus I really want a Luigi's Mansion 2. I've played the original too many times to ever be able to buy it again, even with Wii controls.)

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Stuffgamer1

SepticLemon wrote:

From what I've heard, it's not worth it, the tactile feel of the bongo controllers work way better rather then trying to air drum. Plus there's no option to use existing Bongo Controllers on it, which defeats the purpose of the game.

Where did you hear the game required air drumming? Granted, that's what I'd assumed until I read how the game REALLY works. The Nunchuk analogue stick controls DK, A button Jumps, shake the Wiimote to clap. Funny how that makes Jungle Beat the ONLY NPC game that actually LESSENS physical activity from the original version!

I just bought Jungle Beat today, but I haven't played it yet because I also bought Klonoa and have been busy playing that. I'll be back here with a report in a day or two, though.

AlexSays wrote:

Ease our worry and provide proof NPC games haven't affected the release of any other Nintendo games.

As I already said, you don't really have any proof that they have, so that isn't necessarily a good debate point.

Quote from the "NINTENDO is alienating its hardcore audience" thread:

pixelman wrote:

However, my belief is Nintendo will be releasing a flood of AAA games this winter and next year, after the release of Wii M+. It makes sense: Why develop new software for soon-to-be-redundant hardware?

I think that's a good possible explanation for the relative lack of totally new Wii games from Nintendo recently. If most of their development teams really ARE making games using Wii Motion Plus, that would perfectly explain why the games got pushed back when the peripheral did! Those games could well be largely done and waiting on the Wii Motion Plus to be finalized so they can finish them. In this case, NPC games would be a GREAT way to fill time meanwhile!

So...only time will tell if this theory is true, but I'd like to know what people here think about it. Likely? Plausible, at least? Or do you think it's total BS? Polite honesty is A-okay with me!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Objection

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I just bought Jungle Beat today, but I haven't played it yet because I also bought Klonoa and have been busy playing that. I'll be back here with a report in a day or two, though. .

Please do. Its the only NPC at the moment I am considering purchasing.

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

However, my belief is Nintendo will be releasing a flood of AAA games this winter and next year, after the release of Wii M+. It makes sense: Why develop new software for soon-to-be-redundant hardware?

I think that's a good possible explanation for the relative lack of totally new Wii games from Nintendo recently. If most of their development teams really ARE making games using Wii Motion Plus, that would perfectly explain why the games got pushed back when the peripheral did! Those games could well be largely done and waiting on the Wii Motion Plus to be finalized so they can finish them. In this case, NPC games would be a GREAT way to fill time meanwhile!
So...only time will tell if this theory is true, but I'd like to know what people here think about it. Likely? Plausible, at least? Or do you think it's total BS? Polite honesty is A-okay with me!

Well I'm going to be steamed if most future Wii games require the Wii M+ since I really don't feel like forking money over for more attachements to the controller. It should definately be made as an option to "improve" (in quotes until I can feel the difference for myself) games but not a requirement. The way Ninty has worked recently, it seems we need some blasted other contraption to make each new game work in some degree, from the small (the Wii Wheel, usually required) to the expensive (Balance Board) to the upcoming seemingly required (M+). Can I just play my Wii with...the controller it came with?

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

eugenewrayburn

****Can I just play my Wii with...the controller it came with?****

Of course you can - it just depends on which game you want to play, and consider worth buying. Knock your self out. Wii has a great slection of games that only require wimote alone.....

Wii wheel is not neccesary. Some like it, some do not. The game it came with included Gamecube controller support, for crying out loud, so you have not much to go on there.

Wii zapper is not neccesary. Some like it, some do not. I ebayed mine and recieved $17 for it. Thats a pretty good rebate on the $20 I spent on the Crossbow package, which is a fun and challenging game I still play.....

Balance board is the ENTIRE POINT of Wii Fit. You are either in or out. It is ridiculous to expect a creative exercise and fitness awarness game built around and for the balance board to not require purchases the balance board. You want to play Yoga with the GC controller? Whut the....?

Edited on by Nanaki

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AlexSays

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

As I already said, you don't really have any proof that they have, so that isn't necessarily a good debate point.

That's been the entire point though. lol

There's no concrete evidence for or against. The only thing we have to judge is Nintendo's output before NPC games, during the release of NPC games, and after NPC games.

Before looked fine, during has been terrible, and we'll see if things pick up again after. The revolving idea is that the possibility is out there, how much of a possibility is indeterminable and likely thought of differently from person to person.

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

That is the best alternate theory I've seen.

The idea they've incorporated their new hardware in the games they were working on, causing them to be slightly delayed. That'd support the notion Nintendo came up with NPC's to fill the inevitable gap from all those delays.

Nice idea Pixel. Stuff why didn't you come up with that? lol

AlexSays

Stuffgamer1

AlexSays wrote:

Nice idea Pixel. Stuff why didn't you come up with that? lol

Well...nobody's perfect. I haven't spent much of my time thinking about the Wii Motion Plus, so it never occurred to me that the peripheral could be delaying game releases until Pixel mentioned it. Then it was a "why didn't I think of that?" moment. Then I figured out why, and just typed it out here.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Twilight_Crow

I didn't want two post on this thread again, it could be dangerous , but I wanted to say a few things.
I really hope Pixelman's theory about the delay of new games is the right one, If the reason Nintendo is releasing the NPC MPT instead of a new Mario Tennis for Wii (my most anticipated game since the Wii was launched) is that their going to perfectly implement M+ on it, no problem I can wait , thanks for the quote and your points of view Stuffgamer1.
Btw I too believe a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, would be very nice.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Kizzi

That's a great point. I don't think anyone in the discussions before ever considered nintendo was saving its titles for M+??

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Adam

It's still not a great reason for having such a long period of no new releases, but it could well be the reason. I just hope if these games are multi-player that they don't require M+ on each controller. While I look forward to these controllers finally working like Nintendo said they would at the start, I do not look forward to paying for four M+'s. I hope to just get one or two with pack-in games.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

I would like to say that I do not believe there will be many games that REQUIRE the Wii Motion Plus, just like there are a lot of games that support the Balance Board without REQUIRING it. People would be just plain stupid to make a game that doesn't work without a Wii Motion Plus, unless you can only buy the game in a bundle that has the accessory, of course. So Wii Sports Resort will likely be the only game you can't play without it, at least for a while.

I also have a report on NPC: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. The new controls work very well and are indeed FAR less exhausting than the original version's. It seems to me that it's now easier to get all the crests in the game, largely because each kingdom now has 3 instead of 4 (it appears that the 4th one which required the most banana points has been cut). I say that's a good thing because the Platinum crests were a real pain to get in the original, but some may not like that fact. Also, the crests no longer come in different varieties; they all look silver. Not sure why, but there it is. The banana points needed to earn the crests are 200, 500, and 1000.

I haven't played far enough to see the added levels, but what's already there is a different enough experience to be worth picking up even if you still have the original version.

It's also worth pointing out that if you don't have the original version and good-condition Bongos already, it may not be easy to obtain them. From my experience, those Bongos break pretty easily if you don't know how to use them correctly (which most people don't), and I would personally never trust buying a used set. This fact, in my opinion, raises the value of the NPC version of the game, as you need no special controller to play at all.

In closing, anybody who was considering picking up the game already will probably not be disappointed. If you weren't interested before, maybe I've said something here that will change your mind. At any rate, there's no question that this game has had more changes made to it than any other title in the NPC series.

AlexSays

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I would like to say that I do not believe there will be many games that REQUIRE the Wii Motion Plus, just like there are a lot of games that support the Balance Board without REQUIRING it.

Yeah it'd be silly to have games that require Wii Motion Plus.

It'd cut the Wii's audience by a lot, at least for a while.

It's like how there won't be any DSi-only games, just DSi-enhanced games. Because nobody in their right mind would ignore the 100 million regular DS owners.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Nanaki

AlexSays wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I would like to say that I do not believe there will be many games that REQUIRE the Wii Motion Plus, just like there are a lot of games that support the Balance Board without REQUIRING it.

Yeah it'd be silly to have games that require Wii Motion Plus.

It'd cut the Wii's audience by a lot, at least for a while.

It's like how there won't be any DSi-only games, just DSi-enhanced games. Because nobody in their right mind would ignore the 100 million regular DS owners.

Very true. When I played Virtua Tennis 09 there was the option to switch in and out of motion plus. I'm still confused as to why Nintendo let Mario Tennis come out without just waiting for motion plus. The device really does make the Wii a much more enjoyable experience though - there's actually skill involved in tennis games now!

Nanaki

Knux

Me? Stop buying NPC games? That's not going to happen!? Why? Because I haven't played many Gamecube games in the past and this is a good chance to play these games. I already bought Mario Power Tennis and Pikmin and I don't regret it! That reminds me,I haven't even played Pikmin yet! I also must buy Donkey Kong Jungle Beat soon! Nobody can stop me!

Knux

Adam

Metroid Prime Trilogy is announced. This thread will never die.

I think it'll be a great deal, assuming it is $50 or less (and I'm sure it will be). This is the approach they should have taken from the beginning. I see no reason for Pikmin and Pikmin 2 to be separate releases.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

@Adam: This thread MIGHT have died if you hadn't just posted that.

Anyway, as I posted on the Metroid Prime Trilogy thread, I do now wish they'd packed Pikmin 1 & 2 together. I don't see why they didn't if they're willing to do something like THIS! Also, I continue my ongoing complaints that every region has NPC Pikmin 2 EXCEPT North America, and we don't even have a release date yet! WHERE IS IT?!?

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

Machu

I have an extensive GC library, and will if necessary swap em all out for NPC. Sue me.

Rawr!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.