Forums

Topic: Buy Any NPC Games? Stop It!

Posts 221 to 240 of 281

Kizzi

since we are talking about pikmin now. how many of you would recomend the first pikmin? I still need to play them

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Stuffgamer1

And I was hoping my last post had sparked a nice, long conversation...
Well, I wasn't really EXPECTING it, but I wasn't expecting what DID happen either, so...

Getting away from the argumentativeness that's been plaguing this thread for the past way too many posts, I still want to go on record (that is, a record that is noticed by people who haven't read the entire thread) as being pro-NPC. Eugene had some good points (mostly similar to stuff I'd already posted, but whatever), but he didn't word them very well (no offense, seriously).

I'd also like to say that because neither concept of what might have been done had these games not been made can be proven in any way, it would be best if that aspect of the debate be dropped permanently.

Now...if we can please have a proper debate that doesn't involve people discrediting each other's ideas of the value of NPC titles (just saying that new controls isn't worth money doesn't make it true to everybody). Actually, reaching that point, the debate is dead. I don't think there are any new points left to be made.

So instead, I'd like to know why every region either has NPC Pikmin 2 released or an announced date for same EXCEPT North America. This is probably unfounded, but I'm almost a bit worried that Nintendo decided the first one sold so badly here that the second wasn't worth releasing.

Also, I apologize for bringing this back up, but there is still one game where you can NOT guarantee a better price for the Gamecube version, even if you avoid shopping at Gamestop: Pikmin 2.
http://www.amazon.com/Pikmin-2-GameCube/dp/B00009WAUE/ref=sr_...
As I post this, the cheapest copy available on that link is $33.99. Wii version, anybody?

EDIT: Kizzi posted while I typed. To answer the question, at least one: me. It's not as good as Pikmin 2, of course (due to the somewhat annoying 30-day time limit, among other things), but definitely worth a play anyway. Of course, I recommend the NPC version of the game, but what you get is up to you.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Adam

@ Kizzi
Just get the second one. It does everything the first one did but better.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kizzi

I will get the NPC control version. I already explained why in some other posts. But thanks, I think I will most definately pick that up

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Objection

I liked Pikmin (GCN) a lot and I liked Pikmin 2 (GCN) even more...until it went underground. I HATED the underground sections of the 2nd game which are unforcunately a large part of them. Hey, if anyone wants a copy of Pikmin 2 (GCN) I'll letcha have it for <$30! That'll disprove whoever said it can't be found that cheap! But really, I'll sell it.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Stuffgamer1

@Objection_Blaster: This "whoever" doesn't consider this narrowly available deal to disprove anything.

Anyway, a few hundred posts ago, I was defending the viewpoint of those who don't or can't shop online, in which case Mario Power Tennis costs the same used on Gamecube as it does new on Wii at Gamestop...no, strike that. They FINALLY dropped the price to $25. And Pikmin is down to $20. Pikmin 2 is still $40 there, though. Point is, the Gamecube versions are not significantly cheaper than NPC universally at all, making it a bad point in debate.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

itsmeyouidiot

I think I might get the NPC DK Jungle Beat, since I missed on the original and don't want to lug around those stupid DK bongos.

itsmeyouidiot

Nanaki

Party+On+Dude wrote:

Alright I posted a very long & yet yes it was whinny to the max reply post... yet why was it deleted?! Tell me why before I leave completely?!

It was deleted because I deleted it. Keep to topic. This thread is near total deletion, and I am going to have a massive prune of it once I have the full time. For now, I am removing all the recent off-topic and downright pointless posts.

FYI. End of discussion. Email me at thomas@nin... if you really want to vent - I'll delete everything else that goes off topic here, and that applies to everyone.

Edited on by Nanaki

Nanaki

Objection

I don't envy ya for having to go through all these posts, Nanaki.
Anyone get NPC Jungle Beat yet? That's one that I may look at getting since I don't have it and they addded new levels in addition to different controls, something that would be a good idea for all NPC titles.

Nanaki

A big shame, really. I am going through these posts and deleting all the arguments, but there is a lot of underlying material that is pretty decent. However, we don't condone childish arguments here, so please refrain from personal insults, and discuss your opinions in a mature manner. Seriously guys, you should be old enough to not squabble - I have a lot better things to be doing than deleting posts from people who should have known better.

Sorry for sounding a bit like a teacher here - you know we're a pretty relaxed bunch of guys at Nintendo Life - but there is a limit, and the content in here stepped well over it.

Now please stay to the topic, and let me get back to writing my reviews!!!!

Nanaki

Adam

10 pages deleted, huh... Would it be too much to ask for examples of what you consider insulting since some in this thread have drastically different ideas of what is insulting? I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything, but it would be useful for those of us who've had posts deleted to know precisely what not to do in the future.

I was told that I was insulting someone, yet had no idea about this, and with so many posts, I wouldn't know if one of my posts actually did qualify as insulting and worthy of deletion.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Nanaki

If someone insults you, let one of the staff know (email me if you wish thomas@nin...). Think of it as that Godly sport, Rugby, where you'll be sent off for retaliation as well as provocation. Also, keep to the topic without digressing. There are many people guilty of that. All I ask is that you try and not retaliate or digress. If any of you want to talk about this further, email me. Let's leave this thread to any future NPC conversations, please.

Nanaki

WolfRamHeart

I'm curious how Donkey Kong Jungle Beat NPC will play minus the bongos. I still have the original, box and everything. It seems the NPC version could be fun for those who found the original bongo controls a little awkward. I find the bongos fun and a charming way to play this game. For me it will more likely be just a rental than a purchase.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

SepticLemon

WolfRamHeart wrote:

I'm curious how Donkey Kong Jungle Beat NPC will play minus the bongos. I still have the original, box and everything. It seems the NPC version could be fun for those who found the original bongo controls a little ackward. I find the bongos fun and a charming way to play this game. For me it will more likely be just a rental than a purchase.

From what I've heard, it's not worth it, the tactile feel of the bongo controllers work way better rather then trying to air drum. Plus there's no option to use existing Bongo Controllers on it, which defeats the purpose of the game.

SepticLemon

Twitter:

Party_On_Dude

Here's an idea; change the name of this thread... maybe then I wouldn't have been so utterly mean! Also I find it amazing that just because of my late first time insulting on page 43 it has dwindled down to page 20-something! But my main point of this calm post (I'm replying that there is no offense for this post right here of mine get deleted; I see nothing wrong with it); is that yes I agree... keep this thread to a more possitive attitude and a less negative one towards the New Play Control game series!

And I just find it insulting that people talk how they hate the New Play Control series because they are rehashes of the GameCube games they origonally are!
Some people who haven't played the games might be interested in adding them to their collection; even if they have the origonal GameCube game or not!

Edited on by Party_On_Dude

Party_On_Dude

Richard

I'm going to get some fun on Chibi-Robo when it comes out as I have not played it before. Also looking forward to Metroid Prime, even though I have the original I cant wait to play with the Wii remote. I'm just grateful for having the choice of NPC, and from what I can gather form the internet Nintendo has contracted this NPC work out so fingers crossed will not stunt their output - I can see how it may clog the release schedules up though.

Richard

Objection

I'm a little surprised that so many posts were deleted for "arguing" as opposed to "insulting." The latter should DEFINATELY be removed, and I'm sure some of my posts somewhat qualified that, as I can be a sarcastic person. However, for the former, "arguing," isn't the point of a topic like this to have discussions? What changes a "debate" into an "argument"? (Besides that the latter has a negative context?) Anyway, I apologize for any role I may have had in escalating any tension that were in those lost pages.
On topic: has anyone tried NPC DK: Jungle Beat and if so, do they or do they not recommend it?

Party_On_Dude

Yeah I appologive too; yet I was just stating the obvious (I do that all of the time just to show I'm ten times smarter than everyone else); & that this thread is stupid if people keep hating on the New Play Control series! Like I said its insulting!

Party_On_Dude

Richard

I really am tempted with Jungle Beat Objection Blaster, as I acquired some DK Bongos on permanent loan! - but I hear they can't be used - never mind - I guess it wouldn't be NPC with them still in. With all this talk of NPC does anyone keep reading it like I do 'Non Principal Character' - I know ! its sad, but I cant help it - I guess its just the way my brain works

ps - my old name was dogsoldier and my avatar was a gun from the BBC show Blakes 7 but I was editing my profile and mucked up my email address - typed it in wrong and could not remember - dhhhh Hope this e-mail is not directly proportional to my intelligence

Richard

Objection

__Richard wrote:

With all this talk of NPC does anyone keep reading it like I do 'Non Principal Character' - I know ! its sad, but I cant help it - I guess its just the way my brain works

If you're referring to NPCs in video games, I think the offical term is Non Playable Character. But maybe you are referring to something else?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.