Posts 201 to 220 of 276

Objection

AlexSays wrote:

Kizzi wrote:

correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll be happy to.

Mario Tennis for the Gamecube - $15 Linkypoo
Pikmin for the Gamecube - $13 LinkypooNumbertwo

You can get both of those used for less than the price of one NPC game.

And you forgot to mention that the GCN version is universally declared better than the Wii version. And the Pikmin Wii has been described as marginally better control-wise...though it is still an 8 year old game.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Rally

By the waya, is Namco Museum Remix an NPC game? I feel that once it came out on the wii, it kin of did.

I miss having a chatroom that was always in beta.

Nintendo Network ID: --- | Twitter:

Adam

Rally wrote:

By the waya, is Namco Museum Remix an NPC game? I feel that once it came out on the wii, it kin of did.

No, these are NPC games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Play_Control!
Anything else is just a normal remake. NPCs make up a specific series.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kizzi

I guess that proves not to shop at gamestop for games. Cuz I swear last time I was there, they were that much??

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Kizzi

I need to say this, I bought one of the NPC games, mario power tennis to be exact. You might say I fell into nintendo's trap, and maybe I did, but there are aspects about the wii version I like. Whether it is worth the extra money is dabatable.
Anyways, for me atleast, I like the wii controls for mario power tennis, even if they aren't perfect. I like the wider screen and how its more convient. I certainly don't like having to put my stupid memory card in over and over again, or have to sit way close up to the tv. Gamecube controls aren't really that long. And I just like it in a wii box. LOL whether all those things are worth the extra money to me or anyone else, is datable again. All I know is, I'll probably get some NPC, the ones I don't already own for gamecube. Call me a sucker, but that's just me

eugenewrayburn

If they are the same games, why do they not have the same UPC code? Your cake is a lie. And, no , I never wanted this thread to die - lol.

***In all seriousness, let's cease this "arguement" and get back to the main one: we discuss why NPC games aren't worth the dollar and you show us why you think otherwise. - Objectioon Blaster ***

Reason why someone would buy the NPC titles.

1. They were fans of the origional game(s), and would like to play altered verisons of said game(s) with New Play Control via the wimote.

2. They are hardcore Nintendo and/or videogame fans and collectors. They want the game(s_ for collecting or completion purposes.

3. They are not entirly sold on New Play Control, but are intrigued enough by the added/content remixing in say Jungle Beat to give it a go.

4. They never played the GC origional(s) and would rather buy a new game, with exapnded display and wimote control, than a used copy.

5. They own a broken copy or have sold, trade, lost, or given away one of the origional game(s), and would rather buy the NPC veriosn over a used GC copy.

6. Other.

7. Any mix of the above 6.

So yeah, you have nothing to stand on but emotional arguiments of bringing Nintendo to 'heel', and misguided romantic notions of 'saving' consumers from their own buying habits . You wish to take away their personal responsibily and replace it with adherence to your groupthink/conventional wisdom. You think your situation for not seeing the value of these games is the same situation for everyone who WOULD buy these games.....

Which clearly, it is not. It is common sense. I have spelled it out, - again - in the clearest possible terms.

Edited on by eugenewrayburn

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AlexSays

eugenewrayburn wrote:

So yeah, you have nothing to stand on but emotional arguiments of bringing Nintendo to 'heel', and misguided romantic notions of 'saving' consumers from their own buying habits . You wish to take away their personal responsibily and replace it with adherence to your groupthink/conventional wisdom.

See this is why you don't understand the thread.

It's nothing about making Nintendo "heel" (where in the world of bananas did that come from) it's all about letting people know there's a very real possibility no new games have been released recently because a couple NPC games were.

So if people (like me, Adam, and others) want Nintendo to focus ALL of their effort on new games, they can't support ports of old games.

And I'm not sure why you think everyone that disagrees with you is speaking out of emotion. This is an internet forum, not a chik flick.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

eugenewrayburn

These are all facts, reposted via new post control :

Reason why someone would buy the NPC titles.

1. They were fans of the origional game(s), and would like to play altered verisons of said game(s) with New Play Control via the wimote.

2. They are hardcore Nintendo and/or videogame fans and collectors. They want the game(s_ for collecting or completion purposes.

3. They are not entirly sold on New Play Control, but are intrigued enough by the added/content remixing in say Jungle Beat to give it a go.

4. They never played the GC origional(s) and would rather buy a new game, with exapnded display and wimote control, than a used copy.

5. They own a broken copy or have sold, trade, lost, or given away one of the origional game(s), and would rather buy the NPC veriosn over a used GC copy.

6. Other.

7. Any mix of the above 6.

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

Adam

Reason 8: Enjoys spending more money than necessary.
Reason 9: They like to claim they've "dismantled" something by listing a few reasons someone might want these games, even when a few of these are pointless:

"other." Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't thought of that.
"Collectors"? If someone wants a game for completion purposes, then why wouldn't he just buy anything that is part of the series? If Nintendo released Wii Metroid where there is one level, a Mii with a Varia suit, and it takes five minutes to play, that would still be required for completion's sake, but does that make it a worthwhile game? Well, maybe more than an NPC title, but not much.

Now, some of your points make sense, but they were made long ago and aren't exactly what it's about. Yes, someone might want to play MP1 with wii controls -- obviously -- or someone who hasn't played it before or lost the game (why are those separate reasons, other than to make the list look longer than it is?). But are they good reasons? That's what we were discussing. If you take into account the cost difference, it's just not worth the minimal changes. You'd be better off waiting for a newer title in the same series that is actually designed with widescreen and pointer / motion controls in mind. And obviously this is subject, and you disagree, but you can't prove or disprove this.

Come on, friends,

AlexSays

eugenewrayburn wrote:

Already covered.

1.Nintendo is making new games. SO these game are not 'repelacing' 'new' games

2.You cannot say how much time they spent on these games, nor can you say that the time that WAS spent on these games would have been spent elsewhwere on <a> different game(s). You know nothing about that. You can ASSUME and pretend, or postulate all you like, but those are not facts or reality. There are many other possibilities. I already mention some of them in a post to Objection Blaster, and I have no objection, blaster, if you read our mail Alex....

1. We know they're making new games. It's "how many" new games which is in question. So that's not a fact that NPC games aren't taking away from new games.

I could just as easily say Nintendo has had the worst drought in its history of releasing console games, and that little fact of mine proves NPC games are taking away from new games.

2. You don't know anything about that either. So that's not a fact for you.

You're saying the people behind these games wouldn't be working on new games. There's no evidence for that, so I can just as easily say these people would be working on new games if NPC games didn't exist.

Once again, you have no facts. You have a theory backed by info that's largely unrelated to what's in question.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

retired_account

If NPC Metroid Prime is only $30, I'll be buying it, simply because I missed out on it and it has better controls. Jungle Beat is tempting too, but I'll probably only rent it.

retired_account

warioswoods

Gripe about any NPC Games? Stop It!

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

@Tom
Sorry!! I didn't think that mattered in this particular thread, which is 41 pages in and mostly off-topic anyway. Won't do it again.

@Cow Launch
He is laughing at everyone who has bought an NPC title. And at Citizen Kane.

Come on, friends,

Nanaki

No limits on posts, but let's try and get back to the topic; this was a really interesting debate to begin with, but now it needs a massive prune.

I've actually got the copy of Pikmin 2 here to review (after the Disgaea write-up), and I'll probably annoy AlexSays with my 11/10 score

Nanaki

Adam

Pikmin 2 ruled. I hope Pikmin 3 expands on the multiplayer.

Come on, friends,

Kizzi

since we are talking about pikmin now. how many of you would recomend the first pikmin? I still need to play them

Stuffgamer1

And I was hoping my last post had sparked a nice, long conversation...
Well, I wasn't really EXPECTING it, but I wasn't expecting what DID happen either, so...

Getting away from the argumentativeness that's been plaguing this thread for the past way too many posts, I still want to go on record (that is, a record that is noticed by people who haven't read the entire thread) as being pro-NPC. Eugene had some good points (mostly similar to stuff I'd already posted, but whatever), but he didn't word them very well (no offense, seriously).

I'd also like to say that because neither concept of what might have been done had these games not been made can be proven in any way, it would be best if that aspect of the debate be dropped permanently.

Now...if we can please have a proper debate that doesn't involve people discrediting each other's ideas of the value of NPC titles (just saying that new controls isn't worth money doesn't make it true to everybody). Actually, reaching that point, the debate is dead. I don't think there are any new points left to be made.

So instead, I'd like to know why every region either has NPC Pikmin 2 released or an announced date for same EXCEPT North America. This is probably unfounded, but I'm almost a bit worried that Nintendo decided the first one sold so badly here that the second wasn't worth releasing.

Also, I apologize for bringing this back up, but there is still one game where you can NOT guarantee a better price for the Gamecube version, even if you avoid shopping at Gamestop: Pikmin 2.
http://www.amazon.com/Pikmin-2-GameCube/dp/B00009WAUE/ref=sr_...
As I post this, the cheapest copy available on that link is $33.99. Wii version, anybody?

EDIT: Kizzi posted while I typed. To answer the question, at least one: me. It's not as good as Pikmin 2, of course (due to the somewhat annoying 30-day time limit, among other things), but definitely worth a play anyway. Of course, I recommend the NPC version of the game, but what you get is up to you.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Adam

@ Kizzi
Just get the second one. It does everything the first one did but better.

Come on, friends,

Kizzi

I will get the NPC control version. I already explained why in some other posts. But thanks, I think I will most definately pick that up

Objection

I liked Pikmin (GCN) a lot and I liked Pikmin 2 (GCN) even more...until it went underground. I HATED the underground sections of the 2nd game which are unforcunately a large part of them. Hey, if anyone wants a copy of Pikmin 2 (GCN) I'll letcha have it for <$30! That'll disprove whoever said it can't be found that cheap! But really, I'll sell it.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.