Wii Forum

Topic: Buy Any NPC Games? Stop It!

Showing 201 to 220 of 282

AuthorMessage
Avatar

City_Of_Delusion

201. Posted:

eugenewrayburn wrote:

Many of the people whining here admit they have not even TRIED Excitebots? Whut up with that?

Because it's not released over here yet?

And anyway, I thought it was developed by Monster Games, a third party, and not Nintendo. (goes off to Wikipedia to check)

Please no "Destroy This!" gags, please.
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=codb

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

202. Posted:

__adam wrote:

If you are going to categorize people, at the very least I wish people would use different words because these words have already gone well beyond their saturation limit for how many different definitions they should carry.

Didn't I already say I agree with that? If not, or even if so, I'll say it now: You're right. We need a new system with new words, preferably more of them than we have now. Let's see what we can come up with...

Dabbler: Has one system (MAYBE two) and doesn't really play all that often or spend all that much money on games. Prefers intuitive experiences, probably multiplayer. In other words, the most common definition of "casual" today.

Occasional player: Like the Dabbler, has few systems and spends relatively little on games. Has wider taste in games that may include multiplayer or single player, but still doesn't play especially often (1-3 times a week, maybe?).

Hobbyist: Has more systems than the previous two gamers and/or plays more often/for longer periods of time. Plays whatever seems of interest, and spends a moderate amount of money on games.

Game Fan: Loves games. Probably has most if not all currently available systems, though this is not required. Main characteristics are playing frequently (at least 5 days a week) and buying a good number of games. Likely spends some amount of time not playing games doing game-related things like visiting Nintendo Life.

Game Fanatic: Has every system currently available, spends as much as possible on games, and plays at least a little every day possible. Spends all possible non-gaming time on gaming-related activities. Basically, has no life. I fit into this category.

Maybe there should be even more categories? It's a start, anyway. You can't say I didn't at least TRY to come up with an alternative to hardcore/casual, anyway.

As for Excite Bots: I bought it and played it for about an hour. Loved it and would LIKE to play more, but my dad won't let me because I'm learning to drive right now (stupid, imo, but...). As a Game Fanatic, buying and playing NPC games does in no way prevent me from buying Excite Bots, or vice versa. I like them all for their own reasons.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gameking23

203. Posted:

I'd put myself some where between Game Fan and Game Fanatic.

Edited on by gameking23

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

204. Posted:

Kizzi wrote:

correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll be happy to.

Mario Tennis for the Gamecube - $15 Linkypoo
Pikmin for the Gamecube - $13 LinkypooNumbertwo

You can get both of those used for less than the price of one NPC game.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eugenewrayburn

205. Posted:

Yes, we should stop bying games like this.
*******************

But there is no 'we'.

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

206. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Kizzi wrote:

correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll be happy to.

Mario Tennis for the Gamecube - $15 Linkypoo
Pikmin for the Gamecube - $13 LinkypooNumbertwo

You can get both of those used for less than the price of one NPC game.

And you forgot to mention that the GCN version is universally declared better than the Wii version. And the Pikmin Wii has been described as marginally better control-wise...though it is still an 8 year old game.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RallyFTW

207. Posted:

By the waya, is Namco Museum Remix an NPC game? I feel that once it came out on the wii, it kin of did.

XBL- TheRallyFTW
Brawl FC- 2278-4523-0777
Skype- TheRallyFTW

"My, what great connection you have!"

I used to be immature, but then I took a reality to the knee. And by that, I mean that Microsoft banned me for no reason.

Twitter: WowPabs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

208. Posted:

Rally wrote:

By the waya, is Namco Museum Remix an NPC game? I feel that once it came out on the wii, it kin of did.

No, these are NPC games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Play_Control!
Anything else is just a normal remake. NPCs make up a specific series.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kizzi

209. Posted:

I guess that proves not to shop at gamestop for games. Cuz I swear last time I was there, they were that much??

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kizzi

210. Posted:

I need to say this, I bought one of the NPC games, mario power tennis to be exact. You might say I fell into nintendo's trap, and maybe I did, but there are aspects about the wii version I like. Whether it is worth the extra money is dabatable.
Anyways, for me atleast, I like the wii controls for mario power tennis, even if they aren't perfect. I like the wider screen and how its more convient. I certainly don't like having to put my stupid memory card in over and over again, or have to sit way close up to the tv. Gamecube controls aren't really that long. And I just like it in a wii box. LOL whether all those things are worth the extra money to me or anyone else, is datable again. All I know is, I'll probably get some NPC, the ones I don't already own for gamecube. Call me a sucker, but that's just me

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eugenewrayburn

211. Posted:

If they are the same games, why do they not have the same UPC code? Your cake is a lie. And, no , I never wanted this thread to die - lol.

***In all seriousness, let's cease this "arguement" and get back to the main one: we discuss why NPC games aren't worth the dollar and you show us why you think otherwise. - Objectioon Blaster ***

Reason why someone would buy the NPC titles.

1. They were fans of the origional game(s), and would like to play altered verisons of said game(s) with New Play Control via the wimote.

2. They are hardcore Nintendo and/or videogame fans and collectors. They want the game(s_ for collecting or completion purposes.

3. They are not entirly sold on New Play Control, but are intrigued enough by the added/content remixing in say Jungle Beat to give it a go.

4. They never played the GC origional(s) and would rather buy a new game, with exapnded display and wimote control, than a used copy.

5. They own a broken copy or have sold, trade, lost, or given away one of the origional game(s), and would rather buy the NPC veriosn over a used GC copy.

6. Other.

7. Any mix of the above 6.

So yeah, you have nothing to stand on but emotional arguiments of bringing Nintendo to 'heel', and misguided romantic notions of 'saving' consumers from their own buying habits . You wish to take away their personal responsibily and replace it with adherence to your groupthink/conventional wisdom. You think your situation for not seeing the value of these games is the same situation for everyone who WOULD buy these games.....

Which clearly, it is not. It is common sense. I have spelled it out, - again - in the clearest possible terms.

Edited on by eugenewrayburn

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

212. Posted:

eugenewrayburn wrote:

So yeah, you have nothing to stand on but emotional arguiments of bringing Nintendo to 'heel', and misguided romantic notions of 'saving' consumers from their own buying habits . You wish to take away their personal responsibily and replace it with adherence to your groupthink/conventional wisdom.

See this is why you don't understand the thread.

It's nothing about making Nintendo "heel" (where in the world of bananas did that come from) it's all about letting people know there's a very real possibility no new games have been released recently because a couple NPC games were.

So if people (like me, Adam, and others) want Nintendo to focus ALL of their effort on new games, they can't support ports of old games.

And I'm not sure why you think everyone that disagrees with you is speaking out of emotion. This is an internet forum, not a chik flick.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eugenewrayburn

213. Posted:

These are all facts, reposted via new post control :

Reason why someone would buy the NPC titles.

1. They were fans of the origional game(s), and would like to play altered verisons of said game(s) with New Play Control via the wimote.

2. They are hardcore Nintendo and/or videogame fans and collectors. They want the game(s_ for collecting or completion purposes.

3. They are not entirly sold on New Play Control, but are intrigued enough by the added/content remixing in say Jungle Beat to give it a go.

4. They never played the GC origional(s) and would rather buy a new game, with exapnded display and wimote control, than a used copy.

5. They own a broken copy or have sold, trade, lost, or given away one of the origional game(s), and would rather buy the NPC veriosn over a used GC copy.

6. Other.

7. Any mix of the above 6.

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

214. Posted:

Reason 8: Enjoys spending more money than necessary.
Reason 9: They like to claim they've "dismantled" something by listing a few reasons someone might want these games, even when a few of these are pointless:

"other." Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't thought of that.
"Collectors"? If someone wants a game for completion purposes, then why wouldn't he just buy anything that is part of the series? If Nintendo released Wii Metroid where there is one level, a Mii with a Varia suit, and it takes five minutes to play, that would still be required for completion's sake, but does that make it a worthwhile game? Well, maybe more than an NPC title, but not much.

Now, some of your points make sense, but they were made long ago and aren't exactly what it's about. Yes, someone might want to play MP1 with wii controls -- obviously -- or someone who hasn't played it before or lost the game (why are those separate reasons, other than to make the list look longer than it is?). But are they good reasons? That's what we were discussing. If you take into account the cost difference, it's just not worth the minimal changes. You'd be better off waiting for a newer title in the same series that is actually designed with widescreen and pointer / motion controls in mind. And obviously this is subject, and you disagree, but you can't prove or disprove this.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

215. Posted:

eugenewrayburn wrote:

Already covered.

1.Nintendo is making new games. SO these game are not 'repelacing' 'new' games

2.You cannot say how much time they spent on these games, nor can you say that the time that WAS spent on these games would have been spent elsewhwere on <a> different game(s). You know nothing about that. You can ASSUME and pretend, or postulate all you like, but those are not facts or reality. There are many other possibilities. I already mention some of them in a post to Objection Blaster, and I have no objection, blaster, if you read our mail Alex....

1. We know they're making new games. It's "how many" new games which is in question. So that's not a fact that NPC games aren't taking away from new games.

I could just as easily say Nintendo has had the worst drought in its history of releasing console games, and that little fact of mine proves NPC games are taking away from new games.

2. You don't know anything about that either. So that's not a fact for you.

You're saying the people behind these games wouldn't be working on new games. There's no evidence for that, so I can just as easily say these people would be working on new games if NPC games didn't exist.

Once again, you have no facts. You have a theory backed by info that's largely unrelated to what's in question.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

216. Posted:

If NPC Metroid Prime is only $30, I'll be buying it, simply because I missed out on it and it has better controls. Jungle Beat is tempting too, but I'll probably only rent it.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

217. Posted:

Gripe about any NPC Games? Stop It!

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

218. Posted:

@Tom
Sorry!! I didn't think that mattered in this particular thread, which is 41 pages in and mostly off-topic anyway. Won't do it again. :)

@Cow Launch
He is laughing at everyone who has bought an NPC title. And at Citizen Kane.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nanaki

219. Posted:

No limits on posts, but let's try and get back to the topic; this was a really interesting debate to begin with, but now it needs a massive prune.

I've actually got the copy of Pikmin 2 here to review (after the Disgaea write-up), and I'll probably annoy AlexSays with my 11/10 score ;)

Nanaki

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

220. Posted:

Pikmin 2 ruled. I hope Pikmin 3 expands on the multiplayer.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.