Wii Forum

Topic: Buy Any NPC Games? Stop It!

Showing 161 to 180 of 282

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RJay

161. Posted:

Edwin wrote:

Wow this thread has too many posts to read, so sorry if I am repeating any of you. I don't think NPC games are a bad thing. I plan on buying Metroid Prime 1 and 2 once they're released because I think the new controls will greatly improve them. Those are the only games currently announced that I'll be getting.

Also keep in mind that only about 22 million Gamecubes were sold worldwide. A lot of people missed out on these games the first time around and I think it's great that they'll have the chance to play them now.

You can buy a lot of these GC games on Amazon.com....and if you aren't old enough to own a debit/credit card, then pay your mom in cash and ask her to order something

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

162. Posted:

Holy freakin' bananas.

Iwata wrote:

I would like to address that Nintendo recognize that we have been short of new proposals during the former half of this year, so far.

So Iwata agrees that Nintendo has been slacking?
And people have been telling me I'm wrong?

This is like Christmas.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nathan

163. Posted:

First off, I thought NPC was for non-playable character, until I actually read it, but then I thought, ohhhh, he means Newly Packaged Crap...!

Brawl friend code: 1418-8149-4165

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kizzi

164. Posted:

All you guys are getting way too worked up over this. If you don't want to play the games, then don't! I know Nintendo is slacking off a bit, but these games are benifiting alot of new nintendo fans. So stop being so selfish, wait six more months, and let millions of people enjoy some good games!

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rm88

165. Posted:

^ Not really, it looks like Mario Power Tennis is awful on Wii.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Twilight_Crow

166. Posted:

I have a question, since I remember every new Nintendo videogame console has have its own games, I mean we got Super Mario World on the SNES and Super Mario 64 on the N64, how many of you would have preferred that instead of releasing SM64, Nintendo had say "Hey, instead of making a brand new Mario game, lets remake SMW with the new N64 control"?
It may be a bit exaggerated but thats how I feel about NPC, I wanted a NEW Mario Tennis for Wii and all I got is a Wii-make :(, if you all prefer to play an old game (that plays magnificently with its original controls, by the way) with new controls, fine, but I'm pretty sure that if Nintendo had launched an all new Mario Tennis, every one enjoying the NPC MPT, would be enjoying the new one more, and no one would be thinking on getting the old version, even if it's a nice game.
NPC is definitely delaying some new games, and Nintendo creatives are becoming lazy, like "hey, imagine Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with the new wii controls" "Great, lets make Jungle Beat 2!" "Nah, lets just make an NPC of the first one it's easier".

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wrenski

167. Posted:

Twilight+Crow wrote:

NPC is definitely delaying some new games, and Nintendo creatives are becoming lazy, like "hey, imagine Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with the new wii controls" "Great, lets make Jungle Beat 2!" "Nah, lets just make an NPC of the first one it's easier".

Hahaha. Yes they're doing exactly this. You found out with your ninja research methods. Well if you say it, this MUST be the case.

Simply compensating for when they don't have much else to release? Testing the waters with a new audience before blindly making a sequel to a game which had too many questions in the air if it could be liked or not? No, don't be ridiculous. Nintendo simply hates everything that is good and sits around like jabba-the-hut creatures, grunting as they reach out with a flabby arm to press the 'dump game on idiot populace and also kick a puppy' button.

Edited on by Wrenski

Wrenski

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eugenewrayburn

168. Posted:

It is amusing when people who think they can play monday morning quaterback for Nintendo suddenly are reduced to making comments about cake....

'Can't have your cake - and eat it too - you rascal you - yoda-ladi-who' - Statler Brothers..

As I said befor, it is fanboyism. I always laugh when internet posters and/or the media calls companies like Nintendo - who actually make a staggering amount of product - 'lazy'. Nintnedo has been 'slacking'. 'No effort' went into this game. Sure.

Easy for you to say....

As far as people being worked up, I am not worked up at all. I am simply applying cold logic and reality to emotive arguments about 'saving' Nintendo from themselves, and saving the consumer from New Play Control. I percieve no one was able to take my arguments on head on, because it was impossible. So instead they danced around a piece of cake.

I guess it is a little like 'Lord of the Flys' here - more fun to 'play savage' then to 'keep the fire going'. If you do not like reality, replace it witha false one of your own making? Is that the message here?

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

169. Posted:

What exactly is it that you have "percieved?" You've basically said 2 things. 1, that you don't mind that Nintendo made these games, though they are already playable on the system minus Wii controls, and that it is likely Nintendo could have made better use of their time. 2, Anyone who criticizes Nintendo is a fanboy. I sure do love that one...backwards logic, there.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eugenewrayburn

170. Posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_published_by...

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World - 1994.

Should we go back in time and 'call Nintendo out' for rereleasing 4 NES games with graphics enhancements? New Grachics Makeover?

'Lazy' Nintendo's Wii offerings :

2006
Wii Sports
Excite Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2007
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Play
Eyeshield 21: Field Saikyō no Senshi (Japan only)
Super Paper Mario
Mario Party 8
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Battalion Wars 2
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Published by Nintendo in Japan only)
Super Mario Galaxy
Link's Crossbow Training
2008
Wii Chess (Europe only)
Everyone's Common Knowledge Television (Japan only)
Endless Ocean
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Fit
Mario Super Sluggers
Wario Land: Shake It!
Fatal Frame IV (Japan only)
Captain Rainbow (Japan only)
Wii Music
Disaster: Day of Crisis (Japan, Europe and Australia only)
Animal Crossing: City Folk
New Play Control! in 2008
New Play Control! Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (Japan only)
New Play Control! in 2009
New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis
New Play Control! Pikmin (Released 2008 in Japan)
New Play Control! Metroid Prime (Japan only)
2009
Excitebots: Trick Racing
[edit] WiiWare
2008
Dr. Mario Online Rx
My Pokémon Ranch
Magnetica Twist
Art Style: ORBIENT
Art Style: CUBELLO
Art Style: ROTOHEX
MaBoShi: The Three Shape Arcade
2009
Lonpos
Kimi to Boku to Rittai
Bonsai Barber

Upcoming, Announced

Announced for 2009
Wii Sports Resort
Punch-Out!! Wii
Start w/ 100 Conversations! English Conversation
Another Code: R, Gateway of Memory
Kensax
Tact of Magic
Cosmic Walker
Spawn Smasher
Dynamic Slash
Sin & Punishment 2
Forever Blue 2: Beautiful Ocean
Everyone's the Star on the NHK Red-and-White Quiz Battle
Line Attack Heroes
Hoshi no Kirby
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
New Play Control! Announced for 2009
New Play Control! Chibi-Robo!
New Play Control! Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
New Play Control! Pikmin 2
Release Date Unknown
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Pikmin 3 [1]
The Legend of Zelda [2]
Super Mario Platformer [3]

Wiiware :

Announced for 2009
Rock N Roll Climber
Tsuushin Taikyoku: Hayazashi Shogi Sandan
Yakuman Wii
Tsuushin Taikyoku: Igo Dojo 2700-Mon
Tsuushin Taikyoku: World Chess

Should I list the DS games from this time period as well?

*********************
What exactly is it that you have "percieved?" You've basically said 2 things. 1, that you don't mind that Nintendo made these games, though they are already playable on the system minus Wii controls, and that it is likely Nintendo could have made better use of their time. 2, Anyone who criticizes Nintendo is a fanboy. I sure do love that one...backwards logic, there.
*********

I never said it was 'likely' Nintendo could have made better use of their time. In fact, I am criticsing Alex says for that value judgement. And no, criticism does not make you a fanboy - making half baked 'criticisms; about how much 'effort' went into these games, how 'lazy' Nintendo is, false statements of a 6 month drought, and tryting to make value judgements, unsolicitated, for other people, etc, make you a fanboy....

I have no problme with factual arguments, but if you cannot back up emotional statement with fact, they hold zero weight. Then they are emotional fanboy rants.

Edited on by eugenewrayburn

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eugenewrayburn

171. Posted:

^Except Iwata was not saying NPC was not worth buying, Nintendo is lazy, Nintendo is out to 'screw casuals' etc.

Wii Sports 2 has been delayed, that is their big product...

It is also interesting that you see this 'argument' as 'sides' and some on this board see NPC as a 'moral' question.

In reality, you are just trying to pass you personal game tastes as a law for 'everyone' to follow. It is classic group think, if you repeat things often enough, they must be 'true'. Rather than talk about individual games and or/gameplay and game experience you create 'hero's and villains' in the game industry and construct a 'narrative' out of it. And you get to be one of the heroe's in your own story, you were too smart to be 'tricked' into NPC. The 'dumb' casual, who does not post on the interent, so he cannot defend himself, - (or harcore fan, who 'can't help hisself, lor') - is the idiot and victim. You are better than them therefore, cause you spit (rhetoricaly, and certainly not in his face, passive/agressive) into the evil giant (Nintendo's) eye, while the dummy casual bought and played a good videogame.

You 'win'?

He 'loses'?

You band together as a 'side' against this imaginary issue for acceptance? It is odd, frankly. And it changes nothing in the real world. Not the relative success and failure of NPC, nor the development and release of Nintendo games currently in production. It is masturbation.

Edited on by eugenewrayburn

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CowLaunch

172. Posted:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Iwata stopped by the house yesterday. We drank some beers and he gave me complete creative control over Zelda II: The Adventure of Link NPC.

I bumped into Miyamoto at the mall, apparently he had Adam's Mario Kart box all along...

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

173. Posted:

Man, this site's "Watch Topic" feature works like crap! Took me a while to catch up here because I had no idea it'd gone on so long!

I do not appreciate the fact that my previous points have been largely ignored in the ongoing conversation here. Not to sound self-righteous or something, but my points WERE relevant and sensible, at least to some degree.

It's been said here that these games are for "hardcore" gamers. Who's to say that isn't true, to a point? I, a hardcore Nintendo fan, am more than happy to buy NPC games. Why? Because I believe they give me the best experience of the games. Just like any movie buff is now re-buying movies on Blu-ray that he only bought on DVD a few years ago, I am re-buying recent classics that are now available in a better format.

For example: People continue to COMPLETELY discredit the addition of widescreen support for these games. Am I the ONLY person who doesn't like having black bars on the sides of my screen when playing a Gamecube game? Sure, it's tolerable, but if I have an option to not live with that situation, I'll take it!

I have a friend who absolutely HATED the Gamecube version of Metroid Prime's controls. You have to admit, they were pretty weird for a first-person shooter. Hold a shoulder button to aim? C-stick changes weapons? NPC for that game makes WAY more sense to any FPS veteran, so the addition thereof mustn't be discredited.

I've already spoken of the benefits of Pikmin on Wii, and I'm sorry if some people don't see the purpose. Simply put, I truly DO find the game more enjoyable on Wii than on Gamecube, and I know I'm not alone, even if people who agree with me are not want to post here.

The Wii controls on Mario Power Tennis are also of much higher quality than most people would have you believe, as I've already said. Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I'd rather have NPC Mario Power Tennis and a totally new game of a different genre than a whole new Mario Tennis game.

I also believe that Iwata was referring to the lack of brand-new games without bashing NPC. There's simply no reason to believe he has a problem with these titles.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Outrunner

174. Posted:

I agree with you Stuffgamer. I've bought and enjoyed Pikmin and MPT and I intend to get the full set. I'm hoping they re-release Wind Waker too.
You can't just command people not to buy these games.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

175. Posted:

eugenewrayburn wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_published_by...
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World - 1994.
Should we go back in time and 'call Nintendo out' for rereleasing 4 NES games with graphics enhancements? New Grachics Makeover?

Last time I checked, each NPC game is sold seperatelty so this comparison is poor. IF we got all 7 NPC games on 1 disc or something, or at least 2-3, then this might make sense.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

'Lazy' Nintendo's Wii offerings :
2006
Wii Sports
Excite Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
(ABRIDGED)
2009
Excitebots: Trick Racing

I immediantly removed the 10 or so games you listed that did not even reach N.A. Know why? Because they don't do a thing to convince me since Disaster, etc. never made it to MY Wii. As for the rest of the list, without going into which ones are actually good games, you only listed 1 for 2009. That's our point. RECENT shortage of good NINTENDO Wii games.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

I never said it was 'likely' Nintendo could have made better use of their time. In fact, I am criticsing Alex says for that value judgement. And no, criticism does not make you a fanboy - making half baked 'criticisms; about how much 'effort' went into these games, how 'lazy' Nintendo is, false statements of a 6 month drought, and tryting to make value judgements, unsolicitated, for other people, etc, make you a fanboy....

So defending Nintendo blindly is not fanboyish but questioning something about the company makes you a fanboy of it? It all makes perfect sense...?

eugenewrayburn wrote:

I have no problme with factual arguments, but if you cannot back up emotional statement with fact, they hold zero weight. Then they are emotional fanboy rants.

Facts like swinging a list of games around that does not prove your point? In fact, it proves the contrary: that the Wii has HAD a lot of great games in 06-08 but RECENTLY has not. Is this solely due to NPC? Of course not. But it could definately be a factor.

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Outrunner

176. Posted:

It's only May. This time of year there's usually always a drought.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SmaMan

177. Posted:

eugenewrayburn wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_published_by...

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World - 1994.

Should we go back in time and 'call Nintendo out' for rereleasing 4 NES games with graphics enhancements? New Grachics Makeover?

Once again, the original NES versions could not be played in the SNES.
Nintendo's Pointless Copies (NPCs) can already be played on the Wii via Gamecube discs that have been out for years.
There's a big difference here.

Edited on by SmaMan

3DS FC: 0688-5773-0158

Twitter: SmaMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

178. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I do not appreciate the fact that my previous points have been largely ignored in the ongoing conversation here. Not to sound self-righteous or something, but my points WERE relevant and sensible, at least to some degree.

Sorry buddy, lots of posts here, so it's hard to remember if I even saw your posts. If I read it and didn't respond, I probably felt it was already addressed sufficiently. More likely it just got lost in the huge pile of posts this thread has become.

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

It's been said here that these games are for "hardcore" gamers. Who's to say that isn't true, to a point? I, a hardcore Nintendo fan, am more than happy to buy NPC games. Why? Because I believe they give me the best experience of the games. Just like any movie buff is now re-buying movies on Blu-ray that he only bought on DVD a few years ago, I am re-buying recent classics that are now available in a better format.

Personally, I think the hardcore / casual distinction is ridiculous, arbitrary, poorly defined, nonsensical, unnecessary, etc. etc. One moment someone says these are for casuals, and the next someone is saying they're for hardcores. Whoever these people are, I think they're wasting their money. Playing the same game in widescreen and with a different controller isn't really worth the extra price. I'd rather a new game in the series that was actually designed for widescreen and the new controller. But if that is enough to make your boat float, all the best! Just stating my personal preference. :)

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

For example: People continue to COMPLETELY discredit the addition of widescreen support for these games. Am I the ONLY person who doesn't like having black bars on the sides of my screen when playing a Gamecube game? Sure, it's tolerable, but if I have an option to not live with that situation, I'll take it!

Widescreen is slowly edging out fullscreen for video games, but what is the point of remaking old games in widescreen? I am quite satisfied playing Super Mario Bros. on VC with either bars on the side or in stretchy vision, depending on how lazy I am at the time. If Nintendo released it in Widescreen for a higher price, in the process delaying much anticipated games not on VC yet (as if we haven't waited long enough), that would not sit well.

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I have a friend who absolutely HATED the Gamecube version of Metroid Prime's controls. You have to admit, they were pretty weird for a first-person shooter. Hold a shoulder button to aim? C-stick changes weapons? NPC for that game makes WAY more sense to any FPS veteran, so the addition thereof mustn't be discredited.

The controls were fine. The game was pretty highly rated among critics and fans alike. In fact, many [deluded] fans prefer it to the incomparable Super Metroid! There are always going to be a handful of people who don't like any control scheme. Should they get a brand new release just for them? Wouldn't it be better if a new entry were made instead that would satisfy everyone?

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I've already spoken of the benefits of Pikmin on Wii, and I'm sorry if some people don't see the purpose. Simply put, I truly DO find the game more enjoyable on Wii than on Gamecube, and I know I'm not alone, even if people who agree with me are not want to post here.

I'm sure you're right. I don't think many would argue otherwise, really. It's not the point though. Pikmin 3 is known to be in the works. We'll all be happy when it's released. There's no need to make minor additions to a game we've already played or could still play on the same system and cheaper.

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I'd rather have NPC Mario Power Tennis and a totally new game of a different genre than a whole new Mario Tennis game.

Yea, you're in a minority. :)
I would love a new Mario Tennis using Wii Motion+. I haven't had the chance to play the NPC myself, but it sounds like it controls no better than Wii Sports Tennis -- and yes, that's fun, but I already have Wii Sports and I've already played Mario Tennis and Mario's Power Tennis to death. I'd rather a new experience. Hopefully one of the two tennis titles coming out this summer will be good.

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I also believe that Iwata was referring to the lack of brand-new games without bashing NPC. There's simply no reason to believe he has a problem with these titles.

"From that viewpoint, we at Nintendo have to reflect on domestic Wii software deployment in the former half of this year. Like what had been to be released in the former half of this year was postponed to the latter, we were not able to reach the original goal – to regularly make new proposals."
Sorry to be the skeptic here, but the fact that Nintendo is admitting to titles that were supposed to be ready for this half of the year are now being delayed to second half of the year seems more than disturbingly coincidental. How is it that these NPC titles were ready for release in the exact time frame that these other titles were supposed to be? Again, pardon my skepticism because I'd love for it to be a strange coincidence, but I think Nintendo smelled effortless profits and decided to delay new titles just to give these a chance to sell without self-competition.

Outrunner wrote:

It's only May. This time of year there's usually always a drought.

Where were you last May or the May before that? :P
Sure, it used to be a traditional time of drought, but the video game market has expanded, and Nintendo admits in the article Alex linked to a few pages back that they wanted to keep this trend going of having new games offered throughout the year.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Twilight_Crow

179. Posted:

@Adam
Totally agree with every point you make man. ;)

FACT: Nintendo has not launch nor even talk about a new Mario Tennis, which, given the popularity of Wii Sports Tennis, was something many was expecting.

I don't care about getting a game I've already played through; widescreen? Wii controls? so what is the same game I play now and then ON my Wii, so no thanks I don't want to waste my money on that, I want a whole new Mario Tennis with widescreen, wii motion+ controls and online play, that's all I'm asking for, and I believe NPC is somehow delaying this new game. Now if you have never played MPT this is the version to buy, I guess, haven't played it, nothing to do there, is just so unfair for us who want something new.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilomoga

180. Posted:

I got one of those NPC games, and that's Mario Power Tennis, and I think it's totally worth it. I didn't have the GameCube version and this game obviously makes more fun when you play it with the Wiimote, especially if you are playing it on the Wii - I hate playing GameCube games cause you always have to get the memcard and cable controllers out - it's much more comfortable if you don't have to do that.

ilomoga

Sorry, this topic has been locked.