Forums

Topic: Buy Any NPC Games? Stop It!

Posts 141 to 160 of 276

Kizzi

I love the NPC. This doesn't mean there not making new games! Oh, and this is great for people like me who missed alot of these great games. It's not like they are going that much out of their way to make um. I really appriciate getting to play them. So calm down all you guys, there will be new games! But I'm going to sit back and play some great games I missed with some fun play control.

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

eugenewrayburn

Hardcore fans buy remakes WAY more than the average consumer.

You can have whatever definition of hardcore game you want, I said hardcore FANS - who buy everything, and collect Nintendo games. Certainly this is also fan service. Who wanted the Chrono Trigger remake on DS so bad -even though they already own it? - hardcore fans of CT. Who wants Goldeneye on the VC so bad - even though they already own it? - hardcore fans of GE. Etc, etc, etc. How many hardcore fans have bought Super Mario or Super Mario 3 a half dozen times in their lifes? Me and hardcore fans, lol...

Read this thread, plenty of hardcore fans want these games - who are you to tell them differently? Why should they care?

Your 'casual audience' makes little sense as well - what the hell is casual about Metroid and Pikmin? People have not heard of Mario Tennis? Really? This is not '50 card games on a Wii disc' or 'Scrabble Wii' or 'Kung-Fu Chicken meets the Crystal Skull Kingdom of Lord Voldermort. These are some great Gamecube games geting a second chance and a bit of a second wind. Nothing wrong with that at all, period.

Believe me the people buying these want to PLAY these games - and these are not casual games, and they HAVE heard of Nintendo and they DO know what they are buying. You are just convincing yourself that they are getting 'screwed' and you are a smarter person for not buying them.

Which, with all due respect, is silly.....

Edited on by eugenewrayburn

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

Kizzi

Oh and stop telling people not to buy these games! If you already played them then fine you don't need um. But stop telling people who haven't had a chance to play these games or missed um the first time around not to play them. Your trying to rob them of being able to play really good games.

AlexSays

RJay wrote:

Well this was one of the threads where you sounded positive about it. I hope it's not against the rules to post this link.....I'm new here I don't know the rules!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=2...

I honestly thought there was more, and there probably was, I just don't feel like looking for it anymore. I'm not Jasonguy, but I remember you used to debate against him, because he thought those Wiimakes were a bad idea. My name was the_winner1234 and I actually didn't post as much as I thought, but I could have sworn arguing against you at some point. can't find it though. I just remember you sounded positive about it at the time, but like you said, you couldn't predict the future.

Nah it's not against the rules.

And this is my one quote about the remakes.

AlexSays wrote:

I'm not sure why you keep spreading that unsubstantiated rumor of yours. We're still getting new games. In fact, we have several already announced. Is anyone really expecting Nintendo announce even MORE games anytime soon?

Yeah turns out I was wrong. lol

The games they announced at that time (Sin & Punishment 2, Cosmic Walker, Beautiful Ocean, etc.) were never heard from again.

I didn't know we wouldn't see ANY of those games in the next seven months.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays

eugenewrayburn wrote:

Hardcore fans buy remakes WAY more than the average consumer.

You can have whatever definition of hardcore game you want, I said hardcore FANS - who buy everything, and collect Nintendo games. Certainly this is also fan service. Who wanted the Chrono Trigger remake on DS so bad -even though they already own it? - hardcore fans of CT. Who wants Goldeneye on the VC so bad - even though they already own it? - hardcore fans of GE. Etc, etc, etc. How many hardcore fans have bought Super Mario or Super Mario 3 a half dozen times in their lifes? Me and hardcore fans, lol...

Read this thread, plenty of hardcore fans want these games - who are you to tell them differently? Why should they care?

Your 'casual audience' makes little sense as well - what the hell is casual about Metroid and Pikmin? People have not heard of Mario Tennis? Really? This is not '50 card games on a Wii disc' or 'Scrabble Wii' or 'Kung-Fu Chicken meets the Crystal Skull Kingdom of Lord Voldermort. These are some great Gamecube games geting a second chance and a bit of a second wind. Nothing wrong with that at all, period.

Believe me the people buying these want to PLAY these games - and these are not casual games, and they HAVE heard of Nintendo and they DO know what they are buying. You are just convincing yourself that they are getting 'screwed' and you are a smarter person for not buying them.

Which, with all due respect, is silly.....

Smarter? That's debatable. I mean you can only be so smart, right?
Now a better person is more like it. Nintendo has never gone six months without a new game and I won't support that.
If you don't mind them taking another six months off, that's fine.

About your whole hardcore thing. Chrono Trigger wasn't already playable on the DS. Goldeneye 64 isn't playable on the Wii.
These remakes are already 100% playable on the Wii.
You're right, Nintendo is doing Nintendo fans a huge favor by putting new games aside, and releasing games already PLAYABLE on the console. lol
I think we have a different definition of "fan", seeing as I believe fans should make the tiny bit of effort to find a Gamecube game for the same price that will work in their Wii, and should want new games.

It's like watching your favorite sports team go to the playoffs and then saying "Oh no, it's okay, don't do that again, I'll just watch the replays from the last time you were successful"
A hardcore sports fan wouldn't want that. lol

Oh and Metroid and Pikmin sold fine with the hardcore people, it was the casuals that didn't like them.
That's why they're being released... again.
So Nintendo can make easy bucks off the millions of new Wii owners that will now buy anything with Nintendo on the cover.

Don't fool yourself into believing Nintendo is putting little effort into these remakes, and filling their release schedule with games the hardcore have already played, "for the hardcore".

I mean it's great and all to be okay with playing the same games over and over again, but some of us have standards.
I'd rather not see Nintendo start a trend of going six months without new games every so often.

You're okay with no new games, which is why we see differently.
That's okay though, we're all unique like snowflakes.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays

Kizzi wrote:

Oh and stop telling people not to buy these games! If you already played them then fine you don't need um. But stop telling people who haven't had a chance to play these games or missed um the first time around not to play them. Your trying to rob them of being able to play really good games.

They can already play these games.

Your Wii can play Gamecube games.

It's all very crazy, I know.

AlexSays

eugenewrayburn

Wow you are acting really immature Alex says, your arguments are very fanboyish. Some questions:

1.Who are you to question the 'effort' put into these games - show me some facts and figures, and time cards please.

2.Can you play them on the GC with the New Play Control? Are the GC game foward compatible with thw wimote?

3.If Nintendo lost money instead of 'making millions selling them 'to casuals' - would that be ok?

4. So Nintendo is selling these game to casuals, but casuals 'don't like Metroid and Pikmin'? Why do they buy them, then?

5. If casuals buy games indiscriminatly, as you suggest - then why do they read the label at all? Its not as if random, low quality 3rd party games ever dominate the Wii charts - if they are buying Ninteno, then they know quality and support it.

6.Chrono Trigger and Goldeney are available to play on their origional consoles and in froms of ROMs though - so what is the difference? They are not lost to time, why do fans buy them -again! Why is that all right, and New Play Control is so wrong? Why does the VC exist at all? Unlike NPC they get ZERO makeover....Is that not 'worse' in your world?

7.Nintendo took '6 months off'? Wow. When? Yeah, no work went into motion plus and Sports 2, did it? Not to mention several other titles in development for two system. That is ridiculous, you sound like a kid saying that....maybe YOU need some time off?

8. Also I have bought zero of these games, that is amusing you try to insult me like that. Because I would not feel bad if I bought ANY game I wanted, including NPC and I would not be arrogant enough to try to make other posters here, like myself or Kizi, feel bad.

I could go on, but I have made my point....

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

Kizzi

Alex said:They can already play these games.

Your Wii can play Gamecube games.

It's all very crazy, I know.

Not everyone owned a gamecube beforehand or if they did they missed the game. If your one of these people your going to want to play these games. And the used price for gamecube and the new price for wii for alot of these games are very close. And for some new play controls I'd pay an extra 5-10 bucks. Plus i wouldn't want to buy a gamecube controller and the game when I could a the same game with some cool controls for the wii!

Objection

@eugenewrayburn- 1. Are you really trying to argue that ports with new controls measure anywhere near new Wii titles in terms of budget, time developing, etc.? Good luck.
2.Last time I checked, the games started on the GCN because they didn't need Wii controls to begin with. So its not that big a deal that they have them now.
6. Goldeneye can only be bought for N64. Comparing NPC games to ROMs makes no sense.
7. Nintendo has recently had long bouts where they didn't release a noteworthy game. Notice the keyword of game. Things like Wii Sports 2 (mini game seguel to freebie disc that costs money now, yay) and Motion Plus (definately not a game) among other things. After Brawl and Mario Kart Wii, all we got were nongames like Fit and Music. So in other words, those are not noteworthy games which is the whole point here.
I myself might pick up a NPC title if its something I never got for GCN and couldn't otherwise obtain in that format, but I also don't understand people buying these titles when nearly the same thing can be played via asmaller disc and a smaller price tag.

New thought: if Nintendo is doing so well in making games, then why are only 1/3 (5/14 to be exact) of my games made/published by them? (This is significant compared to Nintendo/3rd Party rates on DS and GCN.) Answer: because the last must-have games came out in mid 2008. What time is it? Mid 2009? What do we just now have? Punch Out and Excitebots...and I'm guessing maybe one of those is a must-have.

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AlexSays

eugenewrayburn wrote:

Wow you are acting really immature Alex says, your arguments are very fanboyish.

Aw, name calling?
You were doing so good too.

I'd say the ones defending and making excuses for Nintendo are leaning a little more to the fanboyish side.
Though I always try to refrain from using the F word.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

1.Who are you to question the 'effort' put into these games - show me some facts and figures, and time cards please.

Couldn't I ask you the same thing, since you're downplaying the effort put into these?

I'm glad you asked this though because I have a question of my own.
What would these people be doing with their time if these NPC games didn't exist? Baking cookies for the Zelda team?

eugenewrayburn wrote:

2.Can you play them on the GC with the New Play Control? Are the GC game foward compatible with thw wimote?

Yes, Nintendo should release all their old games so we can feel the almighty power of the Wii remote. lol

One of the games released has been worse with the new controls, so Nintendo's shootin' one for two. We're not playin' b-ball here so that's not real good dawg.
And if new controls on an old game are enough to justify putting new games aside, you have to understand why we're on different sides.
Some of us have standards.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

3.If Nintendo lost money instead of 'making millions selling them 'to casuals' - would that be ok?

This is a poor question.
All Wii games have sold better than their Gamecube predecessors.
Nintendo makes plenty of money off new games, so they're not backed in a corner where they have to rehash (even more so than usual) old games just to stay afloat.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

4. So Nintendo is selling these game to casuals, but casuals 'don't like Metroid and Pikmin'? Why do they buy them, then?

This question doesn't even make sense...
Most of the Wii's casual audience didn't own a Gamecube, how in the world would they not like Metroid and Pikmin? lol
They've never even seen Metroid and Pikmin, they couldn't possibly know if they liked them or not.

Oh and they buy them because Nintendo is on the cover.
Nintendo heavily markets their games, and they know they can pass off Metroid and Pikmin as simple games that appeal to everyone.
Didn't you hear about how Nintendo was happy with NPC Pikmin sales among women? Most of them weren't "hardcore", that's just who Nintendo wants buying their games. Nintendo loves non-gamers (nothing wrong with that because non-gamers are the reliable audience) so it's no surprise they want all their games to appeal to everyone, not just this "hardcore" demographic I hear so much about.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

5. If casuals buy games indiscriminatly, as you suggest - then why do they read the label at all? Its not as if random, low quality 3rd party games ever dominate the Wii charts - if they are buying Nintendo, then they know quality and support it.

I addressed this above but I know who I'm responding to so I'll explain again. Hey I'll even switch things up a bit.

Ever see those Animal Crossing commercials? The ones with the girls playing?
Nintendo markets their games extremely well. Advertising plays a huge role in which games casuals buy (which is why advertising is heavily wanted among hardcore gamers for The Conduit so it sells well) and Nintendo does an awesome job of making their games look appealing.

Heck why do you think Wii Music sold a few million? Because they see "quality" you say?
Nintendo says they're disappointed with those sales, but their marketing did a heck of a job selling millions of copies of a game few people found enjoyable.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

6.Chrono Trigger and Goldeney are available to play on their origional consoles and in froms of ROMs though - so what is the difference? They are not lost to time, why do fans buy them -again! Why is that all right, and New Play Control is so wrong? Why does the VC exist at all? Unlike NPC they get ZERO makeover....Is that not 'worse' in your world?

Yeah I know this is a tough one to understand but NPC games are already playable in the Wii.

You can't take a N64 cartridge and stick it in your Wii, so how you're comparing this to the VC is beyond me. lol

eugenewrayburn wrote:

7.Nintendo took '6 months off'? Wow. When? Yeah, no work went into motion plus and Sports 2, did it? Not to mention several other titles in development for two system. That is ridiculous, you sound like a kid saying that....maybe YOU need some time off?

Ah, excuses excuses. Sad to hear, indeed.
Sure Nintendo can go half a year without releasing any new games and people will say "bu.. bu.. they're working on some"

The rest of us know, however, working on future games has never made their release schedule dry for six months.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

8. Also I have bought zero of these games, that is amusing you try to insult me like that. Because I would not feel bad if I bought ANY game I wanted, including NPC and I would not be arrogant enough to try to make other posters here, like myself or Kizi, feel bad.

Oh I don't want you to feel bad.
I want everyone to love themselves. You go love yourself, right now.

Some of us though think it's important people know what they could be supporting, which is less new games and more old games.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

I could go on, but I have made my point....

And you're spot on, cake IS awesome.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Adam

Too much to read, but one thing I noticed is Pikmin being shrugged off as a "hardcore" game, whatever that means. I know more people who aren't enthusiastic gamers and love Pikmin than otherwise. I think it's more of a middleweight game with some appeal to both crowds, if we are to arbitrarily separate people this way as if there are two kinds of people.

The pro-NPC side here could really benefit from several chill pills. It's not worth getting this worked up over.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Edwicket

Wow this thread has too many posts to read, so sorry if I am repeating any of you. I don't think NPC games are a bad thing. I plan on buying Metroid Prime 1 and 2 once they're released because I think the new controls will greatly improve them. Those are the only games currently announced that I'll be getting.

Also keep in mind that only about 22 million Gamecubes were sold worldwide. A lot of people missed out on these games the first time around and I think it's great that they'll have the chance to play them now.

Edwicket

Adam

Yea, but the Gamecube games are all still available cheaper or as cheap as these "Wii-makes." The term "Wii-make" is enough to make me too nauseated to buy one.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Objection

My Ratio of Nintendo-published or developed games vs. total games (difference is 3rd party): 5/14 (35.7%) Wii; 8/20 (40%) DS; 14/33 (42.4%) GCN; 8/15 (53.3%) GBA. I just find it sad curious that the ratio goes down with the newer systems. Anyone else wanna crunch some numbers and see what they find?

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Edwicket

True, but a lot of Wii owners (soccer moms [no offense] and younger kids) don't know what a Gamecube is, or that their Wii can play Gamecube games. I think for the most part the new controls will improve the games.

Edwicket

RJay

Edwin wrote:

Wow this thread has too many posts to read, so sorry if I am repeating any of you. I don't think NPC games are a bad thing. I plan on buying Metroid Prime 1 and 2 once they're released because I think the new controls will greatly improve them. Those are the only games currently announced that I'll be getting.

Also keep in mind that only about 22 million Gamecubes were sold worldwide. A lot of people missed out on these games the first time around and I think it's great that they'll have the chance to play them now.

You can buy a lot of these GC games on Amazon.com....and if you aren't old enough to own a debit/credit card, then pay your mom in cash and ask her to order something

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

AlexSays

Holy freakin' bananas.

Iwata wrote:

I would like to address that Nintendo recognize that we have been short of new proposals during the former half of this year, so far.

So Iwata agrees that Nintendo has been slacking?
And people have been telling me I'm wrong?

This is like Christmas.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Nathan

First off, I thought NPC was for non-playable character, until I actually read it, but then I thought, ohhhh, he means Newly Packaged Crap...!

Brawl friend code: 1418-8149-4165

Kizzi

All you guys are getting way too worked up over this. If you don't want to play the games, then don't! I know Nintendo is slacking off a bit, but these games are benifiting alot of new nintendo fans. So stop being so selfish, wait six more months, and let millions of people enjoy some good games!

Rm88

^ Not really, it looks like Mario Power Tennis is awful on Wii.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.