Forums

Topic: Black Ops reviews and discussions

Posts 141 to 160 of 250

Z_Bone

I think in the other HD versions it's called aim assist. I've read a topic about it, people deciding whether or not they should use it and that they were terrible without it. My friend's a 360 COD nut, I'll ask him if he uses the aim assist when I get the chance. I just find that without it I can't make those long shots across the level nor can I get a good sight on a close opponent when up close. In just one night I've found that this is the first COD game where it's a lot more effective to hip fire in close to medium range than to ADS. I just don't get why they took it out. It seems like a step down from MWR controls, imo.

Do the Mario!

ReddLionz

I know it's in the Classic Controller option. At least that's what it seems like.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

Z_Bone

Okay, so does the wii version have Online split-screen multiplayer like the other consoles or just co-op zombies? I really wanna play the regular online mode with a friend in split-screen.

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

Z.Bone wrote:

I think in the other HD versions it's called aim assist. I've read a topic about it, people deciding whether or not they should use it and that they were terrible without it. My friend's a 360 COD nut, I'll ask him if he uses the aim assist when I get the chance. I just find that without it I can't make those long shots across the level nor can I get a good sight on a close opponent when up close. In just one night I've found that this is the first COD game where it's a lot more effective to hip fire in close to medium range than to ADS. I just don't get why they took it out. It seems like a step down from MWR controls, imo.

All of the COD have had aim assist, not sure about the lesser wii ports though.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Z_Bone

Eh, after the second night of finely tuning the controls and playing some matches, I'm actually starting to get good. I'm aiming pretty well, even without the ADS snap. Fun game.

Do the Mario!

sandpiper

I could've sworn I saw Aim Assist in options.

sandpiper

Ravage

I really hate when they don't give you an option to get rid of it. Especially in the kind of games where it jerks your aim on to a guy. So frustratingly annoying! And to top it all off, it gets confused when there are two people in your sights! I don't know about more recent CoD games, but WaW is terrible with it. Oh, you can't aim so we'll just frickin' aim for you!
//rant
That is why I prefer playing on the PC, no aim assist in site; not to mention that you can actually turn around at whatever speed you want.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

SkullMan

I heard the wii online community is rather slim. I couldn't imagine owning this on the wii when I could buy it for the PS3 or 360...which I do. I don't like my game versions watered down and cutting corners to get them on my system.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Z_Bone

@ caelett, I've adjusted everything I could in the control menu but never saw any aim assist.
@ Ravage, calm down, lol. And btw, you can turn as fast as you want in Wii FPSs.
@ SkullMan, The Wii has a huge online community actually. Not XBox big, but you're always gonna find matches. If you get BO on an HD console, good for you. Are you lost, this is a Wii forum. This game isn't very watered down either. They've only cut a few things out, that really don't take away from the fun of the game at all. I couldn't imagine playing this on a dual analog controller. I mean, do you aim a gun by tilting a little joystick or actually aiming the weapon? Seriously.

Do the Mario!

The_Fox

Z.Bone wrote:

I couldn't imagine playing this on a dual analog controller. I mean, do you aim a gun by tilting a little joystick or actually aiming the weapon? Seriously.

That's a terrible argument.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

irken004

The Fox wrote:

z wrote:

I couldn't imagine playing this on a dual analog controller. I mean, do you aim a gun by tilting a little joystick or actually aiming the weapon? Seriously.

That's a terrible argument.

Let's not drag arguments in here. We've had enough of them already in this thread.

Z_Bone

I agree, arguments don't need to be here, but what was so wrong with what I said? Just because some people find the Wiimote to be unwieldy, others who actually have some coordination are quite good with it. It's really not that difficult.

Do the Mario!

CanisWolfred

Z.Bone wrote:

I agree, arguments don't need to be here, but what was so wrong with what I said? Just because some people find the Wiimote to be unwieldy, others who actually have some coordination are quite good with it. It's really not that difficult.

Aye, but your argument against the Analogue controls was terrible, since you don't aim a gun like you aim a remote, either. Both methods are unwieldy and don't come naturally. Hell, aiming a gun doesn't come naturally for most people either, that's why people gotta practice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

Hell, aiming a gun doesn't come naturally for most people either, that's why people gotta practice.

This is true, if guns were truly realistic in the way people have to wield them, most players would quit after the first sniper shot

TheBaconator

@Skullman
The Wii community isn't slim. There are just a lot of game modes and it is harder to find a match in the less popular ones like wager matches.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Z_Bone

Mickeymac wrote:

z wrote:

Aye, but your argument against the Analogue controls was terrible, since you don't aim a gun like you aim a remote, either. Both methods are unwieldy and don't come naturally. Hell, aiming a gun doesn't come naturally for most people either, that's why people gotta practice.

Well, whatever. I acknowledge that these are all just opinions. I just didn't understand what the guy was doing in the Wii forums just to bash the Wii.

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

z wrote:

@ SkullMan, The Wii has a huge online community actually. Not XBox big, but you're always gonna find matches. If you get BO on an HD console, good for you. Are you lost, this is a Wii forum. This game isn't very watered down either. They've only cut a few things out, that really don't take away from the fun of the game at all. I couldn't imagine playing this on a dual analog controller. I mean, do you aim a gun by tilting a little joystick or actually aiming the weapon? Seriously.

That is not true at all, and that's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Saying they only cut a few things out is trying to make the situation seem better than it is, they cut out quite a lot...that the wii couldn't handle. Shooters with dual analog are the norm, and they feel comfortable and right we've been playing shooters with dual analog for over 10 years now. I'd rather play a shooter with the controller than the wiimote...it's still too buggy at times and doesn't response to the level it should yet in terms of movement, though wii motion plus made it a bit better it's still not true to movement.

I'm not bashing the wii by being critical of a game, I'm on a wii forum because I'm a nintendo fan obviously. To which I can express my opinion about a gaming series I am passionate about.

ballkirby1 wrote:

@Skullman
The Wii community isn't slim. There are just a lot of game modes and it is harder to find a match in the less popular ones like wager matches.

That would suck. i think I saw a review of Black Ops for the wii and like 4,000 people were online lol. Heck I think 300,000 at one time is a rather slow day on the 360. Seems like there's always like between a 500,000 and a mil online. I don't like the fact that they had to cut out a lot of game modes, weapons, perks, and some customization.

Edited on by SkullMan

Z_Bone

SkullMan wrote:

z wrote:

That is not true at all, and that's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Saying they only cut a few things out is trying to make the situation seem better than it is, they cut out quite a lot...that the wii couldn't handle. Shooters with dual analog are the norm, and they feel comfortable and right we've been playing shooters with dual analog for over 10 years now. I'd rather play a shooter with the controller than the wiimote...it's still too buggy at times and doesn't response to the level it should yet in terms of movement, though wii motion plus made it a bit better it's still not true to movement.

I'm not bashing the wii by being critical of a game, I'm on a wii forum because I'm a nintendo fan obviously. To which I can express my opinion about a gaming series I am passionate about.

ballkirby1 wrote:

@Skullman

That would suck. i think I saw a review of Black Ops for the wii and like 4,000 people were online lol. Heck I think 300,000 at one time is a rather slow day on the 360. Seems like there's always like between a 500,000 and a mil online. I don't like the fact that they had to cut out a lot of game modes, weapons, perks, and some customization.

You can't handle the wiimote. And if my argument was the dumbest argument you've ever heard, you must only argue with geniuses. It's an opinion. I hate dual analog but I will own you with the wiimote.

Do the Mario!

turtlelink

Eh, I'm going back to Modern Warfare 2. Thanks for screwing it up Treyarch.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.