Forums

Topic: Black Ops reviews and discussions

Posts 121 to 140 of 250

The_Fox

I'm playing the 360 version, also. I haven't run into any lag beyond what is normal for an online game. Interesting.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Oregano

I wouldn't say the lag is terrible for Black Ops but it's definitely worse than Reach, Left 4 Dead and Bad Company 2 and I've been having a whole bunch of connection issues and it's either Black Ops or XBL(which I doubt).

It's also fun to point out that the PS3 version is actually lower res than all the HD CODs! it's only 960x544p which is barely above the resolution of the Wii version.

It's unfortunate as well Treyarch got the design near perfect but seem to have botched the technical aspects.

Edited on by Oregano

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

SkullMan

Oregano wrote:

I wouldn't say the lag is terrible for Black Ops but it's definitely worse than Reach, Left 4 Dead and Bad Company 2 and I've been having a whole bunch of connection issues and it's either Black Ops or XBL(which I doubt).

It's also fun to point out that the PS3 version is actually lower res than all the HD CODs! it's only 960x544p which is barely above the resolution of the Wii version.

It's unfortunate as well Treyarch got the design near perfect but seem to have botched the technical aspects.

I'm pretty sure the PS3 version is more that "barely above the wii resolution", where are you getting your info?

The games visuals on the PS3 are on par with the 360.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Ravage

No, he's right. A quick Google search, and I found this:
http://www.ps3blog.net/2010/11/10/black-ops-bugs-rampant-on-p...

PS3 version runs at 540p while the 360 version runs at 600p.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Oregano

Info is from Digital Foundary's analysis of the game and the PS3 version is nowhere close to the 360 version. Its performance is terrible in comparison.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Spoony_Tech

That's an awful lot of problems for one game on multiple platforms. I will be getting this on the Wii for Christmas and hope by then they address any issues there since they will fix the main bugs as an after thought to the hd systems. I know there was already a patch but I'm sure it still has some issues!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SkullMan

It seems like the PS3 games have so many more problems than 360 games, it's like no one can develop for her (the ps3) except Naughty Dog.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

turtlelink

These are all the problems I experienced from this game (from the list)

-Party invite system not working, unable to join friends even with public chosen
-Framerate issues are affecting the gameplay
-Theatre mode not working correctly
-Respawns, issue spawning near enemies on smaller maps
-Game freezing PS3 console
-Party option “Leave Party” not working correctly
-Mic’s not showing in lobby
-Error “Disconnected due to transmission Error” appearing after some games
-Knifing mechanic seems to act like “commando lunge” from MW2.
-Hosting a game can cause enemies to see you about a 1/2 second before you can see them

They need to do something about this on PS3. 3 times my PS3 has froze because of this game!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Bankai

SkullMan wrote:

It seems like the PS3 games have so many more problems than 360 games, it's like no one can develop for her (the ps3) except Naughty Dog.

Square Enix, Level-5, From Software, Omega Force, Team Ninja, Ninja Theory, NIS...

And those are just the developers that I actually care about...

SkullMan

WaltzElf wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

Square Enix, Level-5, From Software, Omega Force, Team Ninja, Ninja Theory, NIS...

And those are just the developers that I actually care about...

Ehhhh, none of them have any games worth playing though. The last 4 console Final Fantasy game have been terrible, and Ninja Theory maybe....BUT both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved on the PS3 failed to deliver on the goods, they were decent at best.

I forgot to mention Insomniac they have been great with the Ratchet series on the PS3 and the new Resistance Fall of Man series.

Bankai

sigh that's your opinion dude. I like all the developers above.

But more to the point all of those developers above work better with the PS3 hardware than the Xbox360's. And that isn't opinion, just compare what each of those developers have done with the two consoles for proof.

nr_09

Mickeymac wrote:

There really is no excuse for the PS3 version to have that many more problems, tbh.

my point

wii fc (5466 8601 7571 1915)

sandpiper

I have CoD:WaW, CoD:MW:RE and now CoD:BO. I must say CoD:BO is the best. I don't have any serious online issues. If you like WaW then you should get this. There was an update released recently that was supposed to fix some issues. Treyarch is on top of things. I haven't really played zombie mode or single player, but from what I have played it seems fun. Much better than MWR, which I found boring.

sandpiper

ReddLionz

Hmm...sounds intriguing. But I still don't understand why the PS3 version would be of worse quality. I thought it was an HD console. What did they run out of time? although this doesn't really matter to me because I'm getting it for 360

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

CanisWolfred

caelett wrote:

I have CoD:WaW, CoD:MW:RE and now CoD:BO. I must say CoD:BO is the best. I don't have any serious online issues. If you like WaW then you should get this. There was an update released recently that was supposed to fix some issues. Treyarch is on top of things. I haven't really played zombie mode or single player, but from what I have played it seems fun. Much better than MWR, which I found boring.

Yeah, it's definitely the best version on the Wii.

BTW, I played some of the 360 version online yesterday, and I must say, I'm impressed. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and much more interesting than what I experienced in Modern Warfare 1 and 2.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

nr_09

Mickeymac wrote:

nr wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

There really is no excuse for the PS3 version to have that many more problems, tbh.

my point

Oh, is it now? I thought your point was that all versions were buggy?

keep searching on the internet there are more poeple who say this and can prove it
at this moment Xbox had some updates?

wii fc (5466 8601 7571 1915)

Z_Bone

I have a question if anyone would be kind enough to answer. I've played Goldeneye and MWR on Wii for many, many hours and am quite good, not to brag. Just yesterday, I got Black Ops and I didn't know why, but I was terrible. It was the controls. In both GE and MWR there is an ADS snap. I couldn't find any such option in the menu. Now I realize how bad my aiming actually is because I can't hit the broadside of a barn. So, is there really no ADS snap? Even the HD consoles have an aim assist, why would they take it out of the Wii version (which is more precise, but a lot less steady, so it needs it)? I've only played it for one night, so I may just need to get used to it, but so far I just can't stand it. I also think sniping is terrible in COD games. It works almost too well in GE.

Do the Mario!

Ecto-1

@ Z.Bone
I may be wrong, but I do not think that any of the versions of Black Ops have ADS snap. I have tried it on the Xbox, and didn't notice it in that version either. It may be something that you can get used to. I have to say, I also hate snipers in the Call of Duty games. I'm not saying I hate people who use them, I just don't like to use them myself.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.