Forums

Topic: Best wii game

Posts 101 to 120 of 161

SKTTR

The Last Story, Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Other M, Wii Sports Resort, Endless Ocean 2, Bully: Scholarship Edition, SSB Brawl.

If I had to pick only one of my 167 Wii retail games it's Other M. I should add that I'm a big Metroid fan and I was desparately waiting for a good homeconsole Metroid since 1994 Super Metroid. After handhelds, remakes, Primes, and Pinballs I lost hope for that series but thankfully 16yrs later Other M delivered. I can rest now.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Windy

Put my vote in for Xenoblade Skyward sword gets my 2nd

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Banker-Style

Rock Band 3 and Goldeneye

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Electricmastro

You know what I realized?

This actually has more games...
Untitled

than this.
Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

HawkeyeWii

@Electricmastro
Yeah it does and it is kind of embarrassing! What is even more embarrassing is that the didn't even change the layout of the game. Picking the games from the title screen is the same as it was 2 decades ago!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Ryno

This is a tough one now that I have been playing Xenoblade. It is hard for me to decide between it or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

I-U

You must really like Metroid Prime 3 to have it still in the argument as your favorite Wii game against being (probably) more than halfway through Xenoblade. I gave the rank to Xenoblade at Makna Forest.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Electricmastro

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@Electricmastro
Yeah it does and it is kind of embarrassing! What is even more embarrassing is that the didn't even change the layout of the game. Picking the games from the title screen is the same as it was 2 decades ago!

A 1994 cartridge manages to have more games than a 2010 disc, now isn't that something? Apparently, it took up very little of the disc, especially when compared to 2009's Metroid Prime Trilogy which contained two Gamecube games and a Wii game.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

HawkeyeWii

Electricmastro wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@Electricmastro

A 1994 cartridge manages to have more games than a 2010 disc, now isn't that something? Apparently, it took up very little of the disc, especially when compared to 2009's Metroid Prime Trilogy which contained two Gamecube games and a Wii game.

I know! I really wish that they would have done what they did to the Super Mario anniversary the same as the Kirby annivsary game

Twitter:

Iblitazer

Metroid Prime Trilogy, easily. And if we had to split up compilations and treat each game in them as a separate candidate for "Best Wii Game", the New Play Control Metroid Prime would still be out in front by a lot.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl, New Play Control Pikmin 2, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Sonic Colours are up there too for me, though.

Currently playing: Cuphead, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-0977 | Nintendo Network ID: Iblitazer

RikuzeYre

Honestly its between Xenoblade which leveraged the power of the Wii to do some very impressive things and the game that took full advantage of the Wii motes in play so I'd say either Metroid Prime trilogy or Skyward sword. Any other titles you can think of that made great use of the Wii mote in an excellent manner? Honorable mention go to Pikmin,RE4 and Fragile Dreams.

RikuzeYre

Zodiak13

Huge Nintendo fan, but I had absolutely no fun with the Wii. Motion controls really bugged me. That said Xenoblade Chronicles and Last Story were fun. I just got Pandora's tower. Usually like the Mario games, but those really didn't do it for me. Strangely enough, the game I played the most was Ghost Squad, lol.

Gotta catch them... eh, nevermind.

NINTENBOY

I still have alot of games to go B4 I can properly chime in on this. I still wanna get in to the Metroid Prime series, the No More Heroes series, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid other M, the operation rainfall games, Tasonoku vs. Capcom, Red Steel 2 etc. etc.

Although my favorites so far are Dounkey Kong Country Returns, Bully, RE4 and just because it's probably the most game we've all played on the Wii "Wii Sports!!"

NINTENBOY

Nintendo Network ID: Tmagic | Twitter:

RikuzeYre

Most people who hate motion controls usually arent playing the game right and doing things properly How do you hold the wii motes? Do you have your hands next to you spaced at your legs length?

RikuzeYre

Zeldalover

I think that Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best disc available on the Wii, just like Super Mario All-Stars was the best cartridge for the Super Nintendo. Most would agree that it's either Super Mario Galaxy 2 or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword as the best original game on the console.

Zeldalover

HawkeyeWii

Zeldalover wrote:

I think that Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best disc available on the Wii, just like Super Mario All-Stars was the best cartridge for the Super Nintendo. Most would agree that it's either Super Mario Galaxy 2 or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword as the best original game on the console.

You summed it up perfectly!

Twitter:

I-U

Zeldalover wrote:

Most would agree that it's either Super Mario Galaxy 2 or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword as the best original game on the console.

That haven't played Xenoblade...but with that said, in terms of simply disc content, I would probably put Xenoblade even with the Metroid Prime Trilogy, as they're both an incredible value at their original prices.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

dumedum

Definitely Super Mario Galaxy 2. But then again it is a tough call.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

dumedum

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Am I the only one who loves Mad World that much?

It is an amazing game. The only thing that bothered me was the small fonts. But the atmosphere, gameplay, graphics, voice acting, music... pretty much a perfect game.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Tasuki

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Am I the only one who loves Mad World that much?

I just recent played that game for the first time and I have to say it is one of the better Wii games. It surprised me how good it was but honestly I wouldn't say it was the best Wii game.

For that I would have to say Starwars: The Force Unleashed.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.