Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 681 to 694 of 694

AuthorMessage

Mizarian

681. Posted:

Thanks for the nice comments about my Wii Music videos (tirelat is my YouTube channel)! I've taken a long break from Wii Music, but I'm starting to get back into it now that Rock Band 3 has a couple of songs that were featured in Wii Music (Every Breath You Take, The Loco-Motion). I made a set of Mii characters based on my band in Rock Band 3, and started putting up Wii Music videos with them. If anyone's still reading this thread, you should check them out. The latest is a version of Sukiyaki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrXaA32_4Xk

Wii console no: 7714 1187 3260 7403

AuthorMessage

wiigamer93

682. Posted:

it's not really worth $50 because I brought it for about £40 and you can only unlock so many songs and I get bored of it after about five minutes

It's-a me, Mario!

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

683. Posted:

@wiigamer93

Um... thanks for the comment. Read the rest of the thread to find out why you're wrong ;)

@Mizarian

Hey, I'm glad to see you're still posting videos; great stuff.

I just reread the previous page of this thread and can't figure out why I brought up your YouTube channel as if you'd never been here, just a few posts after we'd already talked about it. Must have been crossed mental wires of some sort. Aaaaaanyhow, I need to get back to it myself, and your new videos might just inspire me.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

eirikr

684. Posted:

The game isn't bad as the general reviews, I own it and it result very funny if you have people to play with it, in my opinion is a must to play it with friends and if you (really) like music you will enjoy!

i am erick ! my 3DS friend code is : 0860 - 3247 - 2632 and my nintendo network id is : erickelbarbaro

AuthorMessage

chiwii

685. Posted:

I just found out that Wii Music has a free play drum kit! Does it work well? Is it hard to use buttons to switch between different drums and cymbals? I kind of want to buy Wii Music just for the drum kit!

chiwii

AuthorMessage

Lan

686. Posted:

chiwii wrote:

I just found out that Wii Music has a free play drum kit! Does it work well? Is it hard to use buttons to switch between different drums and cymbals? I kind of want to buy Wii Music just for the drum kit!

it works well for slower stuff. no double taps. only the jazz kit has a ride. the toms are selected with control stick/d-pad ←, ↑, and →. it's not eady to hit the high hats with two sticks at a high speed. the balance board is required, the left side controls the hats, right is bass drum. you can kinda do double bass if you position your feet right. it's fun and all but nowhere near a real or electronic drum kit.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

687. Posted:

The drums do take some work to get the hang of, but you can do a lot with them if you have patience. I typically play the drums at half speed then speed the song back up to normal, which it lets you do.

Here's one of the better examples out there, if you're wondering what's possible with enough practice.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

chiwii

688. Posted:

Dylan1 wrote:

chiwii wrote:

it works well for slower stuff. no double taps. only the jazz kit has a ride. the toms are selected with control stick/d-pad ←, ↑, and →. it's not eady to hit the high hats with two sticks at a high speed. the balance board is required, the left side controls the hats, right is bass drum. you can kinda do double bass if you position your feet right. it's fun and all but nowhere near a real or electronic drum kit.

Yeah, I was guessing that it's not as fun as a real drum kit, but I already have a balance board, and the game is only $20 or so. So, it's a lot cheaper than a real kit. And, it's a lot easier to find a place to store a game than a full drum kit.

Warioswoods - thanks for the video! That was great. I think I'll pick this up sometime soon.

chiwii

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

689. Posted:

Minor disclaimer: that guy was just playing along with his own music — the game doesn't feature a Donkey Kong tune, sadly (but it does have some other great Nintendo tracks to drum along with).

Also, the best part of the drum feature is the set of lessons it gives you. They begin with simple beats and then introduce some fills, alternations, etc — a great way to learn how basic drumming is structured.

AuthorMessage

chiwii

690. Posted:

I finally picked up Wii Music yesterday. I got it from Blockbuster for $9.99 (there's buy 1, get 1 free sale on games less than $15 there, so I got Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II for free).

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it so far. We've just been messing around with the custom jams, and I went through all of the lessons for the drums. I think I'll get a lot better with some practice.

There are some things that I really don't like - like the fact that so many songs and instruments are locked. Come on Nintendo, we want access to everything right away! I guess unlocking content is an incentive to go through the lessons and mini-games, but I'd prefer to just have access to everything. I also think it would have been cool if we could use real vocals through a USB mic.

My biggest complaint is the sound quality for some of the instruments (which wasn't a surprise - I checked out videos and read reviews before I bought it). Some of the wind instruments sound like they came for an 1980's cheap Casio keyboard or something. If Nintendo does a sequel, I hope they use better quality sound samples.

In the end, though, I am having a lot of fun with it, and, IMO, that's the most important thing.

Edited on by chiwii

chiwii

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

691. Posted:

@chiwii
Glad you're enjoying it! I agree that the sound quality isn't great; it's certainly tricky when they have close to 100 instruments and all of them have to be able to improvise throughout the songs, but still...I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't low on cash.

The drum lessons are indeed fantastic. It was a great introduction to the actual drums, for me--I'm now a semi-competent drummer thanks to Wii Music :p

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

edhe

692. Posted:

I've got two videos to share - one of a family rock out (incl. guitar solo from my dad) of K.K Blues and an avant garde cover of Material Girl by William Shatner.

You know you want to see that.

I'll send them tomorrow, but I'd like to register some more Wii numbers, so as to see some more creations. Add me, and I'll add you back.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

693. Posted:

I got mine for Christmas and I love it (and I asked for it specifically. I should go back to create some Jams. I knew going in, it wasn't a Guitar Hero or Drum w.e its called kinda game. And that's what I got. I love being able to become creative with what is given to you.

I can't tell sound quality apart... good for me I guess? Lol

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

694. Posted:

Damn! Wait I think when I formatted my Wii... nooo I might have to do it over again. I want to go check but I have a nice Madonna mix I made.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX