Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 661 to 680 of 694

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

661. Posted:

Yeah, that would have been cool. But it still gets the point across that there is a Wii Music community and it's growing. And I just submitted it so it'll be up later this week :)

Next stop, part 3!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

662. Posted:

http://www.gameobserver.com/features/inside/all-platforms/the...

Here's the link to part 2 of my series on Wii Music. Hope you all enjoy it :)

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

663. Posted:

Nice work; I particularly like the way you broke it down into 3 categories. Those who don't know the game are clueless to the fact that you can create endless covers without exhausting the possibilities, or that you can take a song apart and create something new, and it certainly pays to emphasize how much restraint matters, as that makes this game so different from all the other music games on the market, for the others emphasize playing with ever increasing speed, but Wii Music shows how musicality is not so much about technical virtuosity as it is about discretion and creating a space for the instruments in relation to one another.

Good choice of videos as well. Even if you weren't the one writing the article, I'd want them to use your excellent pieces, as they really do show how polished and musically inventive a cover can be. I'm also just happy to have mine in the same category as Wassi, although my deconstructing skills are still nowhere near his abilities (although no one can catch up to that guy).

So what exactly will the topic be for part 3? I wish there was a comment mechanism on that site, by the way.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

664. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

Nice work; I particularly like the way you broke it down into 3 categories. Those who don't know the game are clueless to the fact that you can create endless covers without exhausting the possibilities, or that you can take a song apart and create something new, and it certainly pays to emphasize how much restraint matters, as that makes this game so different from all the other music games on the market, for the others emphasize playing with ever increasing speed, but Wii Music shows how musicality is not so much about technical virtuosity as it is about discretion and creating a space for the instruments in relation to one another.

Good choice of videos as well. Even if you weren't the one writing the article, I'd want them to use your excellent pieces, as they really do show how polished and musically inventive a cover can be. I'm also just happy to have mine in the same category as Wassi, although my deconstructing skills are still nowhere near his abilities (although no one can catch up to that guy).

So what exactly will the topic be for part 3? I wish there was a comment mechanism on that site, by the way.

Yeah, the lack of a comment section is killing the site if you ask me. Although this site has only been around about a year. They've got some big changes planned for the future, apparently (but frustrating in the meantime, because it's hard to get feedback on my reviews and features and such). I've talked to the staff about it. Apparently it creates a "messy code" that their site can't really handle right now.
Anyway, For Part 3 I'll be going through and "debunking myths" about the game. And when I say myths I say "ridiculous false things that critics and gamers have about the game". Things like "Wii Music is a shallow, glorified toy" and "The Use of MIDI sound and public domain songs exemplified Nintendo's laziness." Stuff like that. Then I'll have a nice big conclusion where I'll try to clean up my mistake (when I said Nintendo didn't say anything to combat the false statements about the game) and summarize everything. It's already mostly done, it won't take nearly as long as part 2 did. Part 2 involved tracking down great Wii Music vids (which is tricky, as you know) and figuring out how to format everything.

AuthorMessage

Mizarian

665. Posted:

Hi everyone, I recently found out about this forum from WiiMusicBox's channel on YouTube. It's good to see someone's still playing this game and doing cool things with it. I've read the first two parts of Kid A's article and looking forward to part 3. I agree that it isn't easy finding good Wii Music videos on YouTube, but you picked some nice ones for the article. I've got a few links to good videos on my favorites on my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/tirelat), but I'm sure there must be many more that I've missed.

Wii console no: 7714 1187 3260 7403

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

666. Posted:

Hey man, welcome to our little Wii Music group. I've actually watched many of your videos on YouTube before, and I see that you also have one of mine from my old account in your favorites. (I switched to WiiMusicBox more recently in order to prepare for the fan site I'm trying to put together now, which, incidentally, will be called WiiMusicBox. Also, my old account has some really bad videos from when I was just figuring out the game, so a clean break was nice ;) ).

If you're into collaborations or anything of that sort, there are always people up for it here. We're also just weird enough to enjoy talking about the game at length. As for my always-promised website project: I hope that it comes together well, but as usual I don't get all that much time to put into it outside of work. However, I will be taking most of a week off in March, and I hope to finish everything up during that time, if all goes as planned. But even without any other sites, this thread is one of the best Wii Music groups on the web, I'd say.

Edited on by warioswoods

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

Mizarian

667. Posted:

I'd be up for a collaboration; it's been a while since I did one. I've added my Wii console number to my sig.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

668. Posted:

@Mizarian

It's been a crazy month, and will remain so for another week or more, but I will remember to add your sig and then start up a collaboration, which would be a lot of fun.

For anyone who doesn't follow AlastedWM on YouTube or who just hasn't seen this yet, he has an amazing new rendition of K. K. Blues up:

AuthorMessage

Mizarian

669. Posted:

It's been a busy week for me as well. But I did manage to find the time for a new Wii Music video. I got the idea while playing through the Abbey Road album on The Beatles: Rock Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO5airWCjg8

Edited on by Mizarian

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

670. Posted:

Very nice! I'm a big fan of that album, and you pulled off the arrangement (and drums in particular) well. It's too bad that the Mii voices will never be able to have that wonderful screaming sound of Paul's vocals on the bridge sections; maybe they'll actually release a Wii Music Plus and add some different voice instruments.

I need to try a Beatles arrangement of my own sometime. I'm cautious of doing so in case I end up making a mockery of the great band. It also took me forever to produce my only arrangement of the track Woman, because I'm a big Lennon fan and wasn't satisfied with any ideas I tried out.

Edited on by warioswoods

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

671. Posted:

http://www.gameobserver.com/features/inside/all-platforms/the...

Sorry it took so long, folks. School's been killer. That concludes the series! Hope you all have enjoyed it. Couldn't have done it without the kind folks here at NintendoLife: this thread is what moved me to start visiting the forums (even though I was technically still around during the VC review days).

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

672. Posted:

Look out for those blue lights: just sent out a rather good vid of Ode to Joy. One of my catchy-er creations

AuthorMessage

1kamz

673. Posted:

somone add me for wii music my code is below

3609-0254-9831-1630

1kamz

AuthorMessage

MickeyStruble

674. Posted:

Does anyone know how to post a Wii music video, onto youtube. Sorry is this has already been asked, but reading through 34 pages of comments would take forever.

MickeyStruble

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

675. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

Does anyone know how to post a Wii music video, onto youtube. Sorry is this has already been asked, but reading through 34 pages of comments would take forever.

I believe you need a video capture card. I'm not sure how it works, really--Warioswoods here has our video poster around these parts so he might be able to give you a better explanation.

AuthorMessage

CaptainDingo

676. Posted:

This is actually kind of cool, looking through this thread (I'm a late arrival around here, but figured I would soak in the history of the place a bit). I always got the impression that Wii Music was atrocious at best. It's not my fault; I blame Ravi Drums and the rest of the terrible showcase at E3. Don't we all? :)

I don't have a huge interest in music, but I really never liked the idea of games like Guitar Hero. Losing at playing music just seems cruel. You guys have definitely painted this game in a different light. I don't know that I'll ever be purchasing it still, but I feel enlightened.

I'm the lead designer and programmer at Three-Headed Dingo. We make adventure games for Steam, but I'm also quite the Nintendophile!

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

677. Posted:

I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw this thread. I've seen a LOT of hate for this game, mainly because of the E3 conference. If you actually judge the game, it's not so bad. Sure, it feels different, but I find it to be enjoyable. It used Miis very well, and I like making my own custom songs every now and then. I also love the Mii Maestro game!

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

678. Posted:

Another great player out there, one of the best, is the Youtube user tirelat. He just put together a wonderful little overview of his creations in honor of the 2 year anniversary of the game. Great viewing for anyone who wants to get an idea of the game's possibilities.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

679. Posted:

@warioswoods
Wow, this guy is incredible. I'm watching some of his videos now.
I hope to god Miyamoto doesn't change Wii Music too much and turn it into Rock Band or something. Because stuff like this is what Wii Music is all about.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

680. Posted:

WTF wait did someone almost do the Pokemon theme?!?!?!

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX