Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 641 to 660 of 694

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

641. Posted:

@insin

Howdy fellow Wii Music fan; I don't believe I've seen you in our massive thread before, have I? As always, there are a handful of us who will be happy to share videos or collaborate, if you're up for it.

EDIT: Also, your description of the game above is quite accurate in getting across the basic components of the gameplay.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

insin

642. Posted:

I haven't been in the thread before, no. I haven't played the game for months now because most of my limited gaming time is being gobbled up by Modern Warfare: Reflex, but one of these days I'll get back to Wii Music. This topic was actually one of the reasons I created an account here - I find that where you have people who've actually played the game and got into it, there tends to be a great community around the game.

I find it to be a slightly intimidating game to go back to - if I'm not feeling creative on whatever evening I put it on, I'll noodle about for a while and come away feeling unsatisfied and annoyed with myself. If I'm in the zone, I'll end up sitting there for hours trying to get a particular track just right and end up sitting there at 3am, hooking up my ridiculous means of recording the performance for Youtube (I guess that would be why the Nintendo Channel reports it as being my second most-played game) - neither is particularly healthy! :)

I hope they use Wii Music+ to address some of the shortcomings - in particular, had they introduced a Wii Music channel with competitions, track sharing and new tracks to download, the community around it would have been utterly amazing.

Edited on by insin

Wii: 4613-5253-0240-6656 | CoD Reflex: 2504-6311-0177 | Monster Hunter 3: Insin / FRZKJ5

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

643. Posted:

I find it to be a slightly intimidating game to go back to - if I'm not feeling creative on whatever evening I put it on, I'll noodle about for a while and come away feeling unsatisfied and annoyed with myself.

Absolutely, and that's also why I don't get around to playing it as often as I'd like. I need a lot of time and creative energy, or it just ends up killing me and eating up a big chunk of my evening.

I hope they use Wii Music+ to address some of the shortcomings - in particular, had they introduced a Wii Music channel with competitions, track sharing and new tracks to download, the community around it would have been utterly amazing.

That would be a dream come true, but I'm sadly doubting that they'll get around to it, given the reception to the first game. We'll see.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

LittleIrves

644. Posted:

Preach on, Insin.
And Wariowoods: Thanks for the vid post (635)! That's excellent. I tried filming off my tv screen once and, uh, yeah that doesn't work. Glad you enjoyed. I think the Wii Music site is a freaking fantastic idea, and one that should have been implemented by Nintendo from the get-go, much like their Flipnote Hatena page for Flipnote Studios (I know a separate entity runs the site, but they could have collaborated in much the same way for Music).
KidA: Haven't read the article yet, but it's in my queue of things to do. Among those pros that WW referred to who played and plugged the game on Nintendo Channel -- G. Love! And Run (of Run D.M.C.)! The latter was especially cool, as he's totally getting into it, and his kids are pretty funny, too. If this was the public's first impression of the game, it wouldn't have the dreaded reputation it has. The political analogy in #637 is right on--E3 '08 was to Wii Music as wind-surfing was to John Kerry in '06.

Edited on by LittleIrves

Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com
Wii: 1134-6733-6423-3945
3DS: 4682-8453-5026

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

645. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

Is it really as bad as it was made out to be?

You know, somebody should write a lengthy 3 part editorial on this subject. Oh wait!
http://www.gameobserver.com/features/inside/all-platforms/the...

;)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

646. Posted:

insin wrote:

I find it to be a slightly intimidating game to go back to - if I'm not feeling creative on whatever evening I put it on, I'll noodle about for a while and come away feeling unsatisfied and annoyed with myself. If I'm in the zone, I'll end up sitting there for hours trying to get a particular track just right and end up sitting there at 3am, hooking up my ridiculous means of recording the performance for Youtube (I guess that would be why the Nintendo Channel reports it as being my second most-played game) - neither is particularly healthy! :)

You sir, just got on my official "Awesome Nintendo Life Users" list. This past summer vacation had a lot of "up till 3am perfecting my song" nights. But you're right, if you're not in the zone it's hard to get into. I also agree with you on the online community aspect. When I look at things like Skate 2 and LittleBigPlanet--games that have online hubs where players can share/rate their own/others' awesome creations/videos I always think, "wouldn't it be incredible if Wii Music had something like that?"

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

647. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

You know, somebody should write a lengthy 3 part editorial on this subject. Oh wait!

3 part? Ooh, and here I thought it was only going to be 2. I'll look forward to it.

AuthorMessage

insin

648. Posted:

There's a very interesting Iwata Asks about Wii Music where, among other things, they talk about their experience of playing it and people's opinions about it. (laughs)

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/wii_music/vol3_page2.jsp

You get a sense that they're going to do a better job of marketing it and showing people how much creative scope there is in the game when Wii Music Plus comes out, as they've recognised their shortcomings in that department first time around.

Edited on by insin

Wii: 4613-5253-0240-6656 | CoD Reflex: 2504-6311-0177 | Monster Hunter 3: Insin / FRZKJ5

AuthorMessage

LittleIrves

649. Posted:

Is Wii Music Plus a confirmed thing? Or is this just wishful thinking? (Maybe that's what the big Media Summit in San Fran will be about.... ) <!> That sound was the explosion of 2 million "hardcore" gamers.

Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com
Wii: 1134-6733-6423-3945
3DS: 4682-8453-5026

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

650. Posted:

insin wrote:

There's a very interesting Iwata Asks about Wii Music where, among other things, they talk about their experience of playing it and people's opinions about it. (laughs)

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/wii_music/vol3_page2.jsp

You get a sense that they're going to do a better job of marketing it and showing people how much creative scope there is in the game when Wii Music Plus comes out, as they've recognised their shortcomings in that department first time around.

page 3 of that has some nice staff vids. I almost feel inspired again! My backlog is too massive and I'm getting two games to review so no time........

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

651. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

3 part? Ooh, and here I thought it was only going to be 2. I'll look forward to it.

Yep! Which reminds me, I need to start looking at my Wii Music Library so I can send you a list of vids to upload. Hopefully tonight.

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

652. Posted:

@insin: I greatly appreciate your thorough explanation of how Wii Music really works. I have always enjoyed creating music, so it sounds like I could spend hours on this game. It should be pretty cheap by now, so I'm definitely considering picking up a copy when my wallet recovers from December.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

653. Posted:

Wario, I sent you the videos I want youtubed. They won't all make it into the final cut, but I want to have options. A couple are actually yours--I forgot how many incredible videos you all have sent me. it took me a sold half hour to sift through all the good ones and narrow it down to just a few. I already have a few definite ones that I found on Youtube. Thanks in advance!

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

654. Posted:

Good variety of videos there (it was 5, correct?). I just captured them all, and once I've gotten them all uploaded to YouTube, I'll post the links here. I believe I'll have that by tomorrow morning early.

Edited on by warioswoods

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

655. Posted:

...and they're ready.

Grandfatha'
Flamin' Chariots
Brother John
Parsley, Sage, and Other Spices
Beats & Raps

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

656. Posted:

Thanks man. Lots of distractions this weekend but hopefully I'll be able to submit Part 2 by saturday, which means it'll probably be up on the actual site sunday or monday

AuthorMessage

feloniouspunk

657. Posted:

Thought I'd like this game.....
BOY was I wrong!

"To believe that money is the epitome of success is to be a fool." - Phil Ring

AuthorMessage

Vendetta

658. Posted:

It's not for everyone, Thelonius. Please don't bad the thread.

Ex cineribus resurgo
Wii / Speak / Music: 3991 9961 5576 0184 · · · · Mario Kart Wii: 3609 8999 1445· · · · · · · ·Alien Crush: 1934 4006 9660
The Conduit: 2622 0458 3119· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Water Warfare: 4726 5832 1608· · · · · · · Onslaught: 0388 6842 8268

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

659. Posted:

Wario, do you mind if I mention that you're working on a Wii Music site or should I not?

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

660. Posted:

No problem with that; I only wish it had been completed before the article, so that it might be linked as an example of the Wii Music community on the web. But it's coming very soon now, so a mention is certainly fine with me.