Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 601 to 620 of 694

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

601. Posted:

Ha, nice editing work!

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

602. Posted:

This is not me. But it's some great inspiration if you're looking to get better at the balance-board drums. Kind of long, but jump around in the video a bit to see some of the different things he's doing.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

Dazran303

603. Posted:

Dazran303 wrote:

I don't know if you guys knew about this Hidden Super Mario World Track buried in the Super Mario Bros. Theme Tune, I posted it up on youtube so people could see for themselves and the same video is below too.

Thanks for the comments on this video guys XD Its doing ok on youtube at the moment, I'm trying to get it known as the
Mii Roll'd :D I have sent it into Ngamer magazine here in the UK & Ireland so hopefully it gets printed in the "Top 20 Nintendo Happenings" section :D It would be great if it became popular :D
BTW I have added you Sean Aaron and we are now linked, I have added WarioWoods & MetroidITA but you guys are still Greyed out. Kid-A you requested me to add you, I didnt see a friend code but I will add you if I get one, where can I find it? :)

Edited on by Dazran303

Dazran303
MY YOUTUBE CHANEL - Subscribe for HD Nintendo WiiU & 3DS Videos! :)
FACEBOOK PROFILE - Add me as a friend on Facebook!
TWITTER! - Follow my Tweets!
Wii Code - 6317-6829-6296-8143
MK Wii FC - 0989-3228-3318

Nintendo Network ID: Dazran3o3 | Twitter: Dazran303

AuthorMessage

dap594

604. Posted:

the game is interesting for the first time you play it, but is so boring after you have played all the songs, it is time consuming and you cant even make your own songs :( the music videos are good though and i like the top of the pops style charts. The mini games are good but the drumming with wii fit balance board dissapointing

3DS FC: 0731-4866-3403
Wii Console Number - 2645 9857 8526 1866
Mario Kart Wii - 0473 7945 5709
Mario Vs DK Dsiware - 4340 1381 7283
Flipnote Studio - X X left down Y L down L
GTA Chinatown Wars - 485536038726

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

605. Posted:

dap594 wrote:

the game is interesting for the first time you play it, but is so boring after you have played all the songs, it is time consuming and you cant even make your own songs :( the music videos are good though and i like the top of the pops style charts. The mini games are good but the drumming with wii fit balance board dissapointing

You CAN create your own songs, silly ;)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Dazran303

606. Posted:

Its a shame you cant share your Orchestrated attempts... that is.... unless you have a capture card! :D

I liked this attempt I did, the way it goes quiet around the middle :)

Edited on by Dazran303

Dazran303
MY YOUTUBE CHANEL - Subscribe for HD Nintendo WiiU & 3DS Videos! :)
FACEBOOK PROFILE - Add me as a friend on Facebook!
TWITTER! - Follow my Tweets!
Wii Code - 6317-6829-6296-8143
MK Wii FC - 0989-3228-3318

Nintendo Network ID: Dazran3o3 | Twitter: Dazran303

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

607. Posted:

Yeah I liked that a lot!

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

608. Posted:

OK, I'm sending my first music video to all the people I've registered. Tell me what you think of it!

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

609. Posted:

Dazran, I've not forgotten you, I'll be sure to send you some videos -- cheetahman's offerings will likely be what gets me to take a break from Chibi Robo! and fire up Wii Music again.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

610. Posted:

Yeah I need a reason to boot this back up. Looking forward to Cheetahman's stuff.

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

611. Posted:

I'll be sending some more stuff later on today. I only had time to send one last night so enjoy. :)

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

612. Posted:

Finally got a chance to look at your vids Cheetahman91. Very good stuff--I know I wasn't this good at the game when I first got it.

But just know that I'm working on a Wii Music video that I'm very excited about! Should be able to send it along later tonight. Putting the finishing touches on it now. I love that feeling when you think of a really good idea for a song...the kind of satisfaction only Wii Music can provide...that or writing an actual song :p

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

613. Posted:

Checking back in today after a long Wii Music absence. I got your videos, Cheetah, and you've go quite a lot of variety and different ideas going on, nice work. I finally saw your (second?) video Edhe, and I hope you'll continue to hang around the thread and contribute as you continue to play, because I do believe you're getting the hang of it.

I also just received some great new videos from good ol' Wassi, that he hasn't added to his YouTube page yet, but hopefully he will soon so that all can enjoy. (For those newer to the thread, he's this guy, and one of the most amazing players out there. He also was the one to have some of his compositions from the game performed live by musicians, one excerpt of which was posted earlier in this thread.)

I still haven't made a new video myself for quite some time, so I need to get around to that soon, as well as that site, which keeps getting pushed back behind other things. One day...

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

614. Posted:

Yeah remember how I said I was making a song that I was really excited about? Yeah kind of forgot about it for like 2 weeks. But I finished it, finally, yesterday. Once I get my Wii hooked back up to the internet I'll send it out.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

615. Posted:

Dazran, I finally sent you some vids, enjoy! I also liked folks first efforts and seeing more from the usual suspects -- keep it up!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

616. Posted:

Hey. This thread really died (it was on the 5th or 6th page) :( But I have sort of an announcement to make: I'm writing an editorial for this gaming website called Game Observer. The article will be about, as you might have guessed, Wii Music. My goal is to really give the game the respect it deserves. It's not a terribly big site and I'm not sure many people will read it, but they won't own the rights to it so we can always post it here on Nintendo Life if we want :)

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on things to talk about. The title is going to be "The Brilliance of Wii Music" (unless I or someone else thinks of a better title) and I'm going to sort of divide it into the following sections:
-Introduction, talking about how Wii Music is the must underappreciated game of all time.
-The next section will probably talk about the history of the hate. How the game was so poorly received upon its innitial announcement at E3 because people really didn't know what Wii Music was. It's also going to talk about how it's all Nintendo's fault--they never made it clear what Wii Music was all about, so people made their own assumptions; and those assumtions were pretty wrong.
-I'll probably then go on to talk about how Nintendo themselves didn't really know how to explain it. It can be an educational game for toddlers, or a deep music composition tool for experienced gamers. Nintendo rarely has to explain their games: with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Super Smash Bros, you know exaclty what you're getting into. Wii Music is unlike anything the gaming world has ever seen. It's really hard to explain
-Then I'll talk about what Wii Music really is.

And after that I don't really know. I realize that was an incredibly rough and poorly written outline, but that's the general plan so far. So what do you guys think Wii music "is"? What makes it so great? What points do I really need to emphasize?

Edited on by Kid_A

AuthorMessage

Strofan7

617. Posted:

okay here's my question, would this game be enjoyable for someone who isn't musically inclined? like how difficult is it to get entertainment out of because i really have no musical talent or experience whatsoever so I'm thinking it may just not be for me. however i'm intrigued by the used $13 price tag from gamefly haha

Twitter-Strofan7PSN-Strofan7

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

618. Posted:

Strofan7 wrote:

okay here's my question, would this game be enjoyable for someone who isn't musically inclined? like how difficult is it to get entertainment out of because i really have no musical talent or experience whatsoever so I'm thinking it may just not be for me. however i'm intrigued by the used $13 price tag from gamefly haha

Yes I would wholeheartedly recommend it for $13 :)
Believe me, I had no musical talent going into this game (although I did have an extreme interest in music in general). But in addition to being really fun, it also teaches you a surprising amount about music composition--so much in fact that I started playing piano and drums in real life! I'm getting pretty good if I do say so myself...but anyway yes. I really think you should get it. Just remember that this is not anything like Guitar Hero or Rock Band. The point is to create. To improvise. To compose--without the constraints of typical music games. Once you realize that I think you'll have a blast.

AuthorMessage

Strofan7

619. Posted:

thanks Kid_A i may very well check this out once i beat LKS

Twitter-Strofan7PSN-Strofan7

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

620. Posted:

I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with for it; it certainly deserves some more appropriate reviews than it received.

On the point about Nintendo failing to properly present it, I'm in complete agreement. I've said before that the problem, it seems to me, was that Nintendo may have gone for a presentation at E3 that was better geared towards a Japanese audience than an American one. It emphasized the quirkiness of the gameplay, the whole campy bit about moving around pretending the Wii remote was various instruments, and so forth; Japan's enormous rhythm game genre is simply geared much more in that direction than the US rhythm game market. The former is headlined by games like Dance Dance Revolution, which makes you look mighty foolish and embraces over-the-top performance, while the US rhythm game market is primarily seen to be the domain of Guitar Hero and similar titles, where it's all about button mashing while pretending to be a virtuoso guitar player. When they all came out on stage and just danced about without showing any apparent difficulty, it set the whole teenage-gamer driven web ablaze with laughter, from which it's public reception never recovered.

Conveying how Wii Music actually works in an article is no easy task. It might help to actually walk through the creation of a particular arrangement, from picking the song to figuring out how you wanted each particular instrument to perform, perhaps with clips posted of each step in the process... although that might also be too much information for anyone to want to casually read through.