Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 441 to 460 of 694

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

441. Posted:

Well I just sent out my first attempt at doing a song inspired by the Radiohead song Videotape! It turned out okay, but there's a lot of room for improvement. I might have to go back and record the percussion last so it comes out louder in the end--you can barely hear the standing drum rolls at all. But it's a decent first try, so I hope you like it :)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Adam

442. Posted:

Very, very nice. Even if I never played the game again myself, I'd be glad I bought it just so I could listen to stuff like this.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

443. Posted:

@Adam Thanks man. That reminds me, I've still got to send you some of my other stuff. The thing is, the game has been deleting some of my latest vids--and not the lowest rated ones. Good stuff. Just gone forever. So I might just have to ask some of you guys to send me back some of the stuff I sent you that's gotten erased in the near future. In the mean time I'll have to go through and delete some of my older, crappier stuff

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

444. Posted:

@Kid A

That's strange, it certainly isn't supposed to delete anything but your lowest rated. I have to keep deleting to keep myself below the 100 number lately as well. I look forward to hearing what you came up with tonight, by the way.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

445. Posted:

Yeah it's very strange. Some of my videos will just dissapear, even if I've given them good scores. Hopefully after I delete some old stuff it'll stop.

AuthorMessage

Adam

446. Posted:

Whatever happened to those collaborative songs you guys were doing? I want in on that if you do another one.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

447. Posted:

I was thinking the same thing...

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

448. Posted:

We should definitely start another one soon. It doesn't take much setup, really -- someone start off by recording a single instrument, then pick someone to pass it along to. Let's see... Metroid is on vacation, so really there are just 5 of us (Kid A, Adam, me, Chicken, Sean) who still check this thread somewhat regularly, and I'm sure one of the not-quite-as-frequent visitors will jump in for the sixth.

For that matter, multiple people can certainly start off collaborations that are being passed along in parallel. So... someone out there, be a leader.

We might also do well to try collaborations of just 3 people, with each person recording 2 parts at a time. I tried that a couple times ages ago and found that it was much easier for each person to give the song some real direction with 2 instruments.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

449. Posted:

Okay, off topic, but Wario--RADIOHEAD HAS A NEW SONG TO DOWNLOAD ON THEIR WEBSITE! Holy lord I can't wait to download! But I'm just a wee child and have to wait for mommy to enter her credit card information :(

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

450. Posted:

Wow, thanks for the tip. You don't have to purchase right away if you just want to give it a listen here streaming for free at the moment. Harry Patch, I must say, is an unfortunate name, but I'm greatly enjoying the song at the moment. (Everyone on my end of the office floor already went home, so I'm playing it loud in here right now). Definitely not your typical Radiohead tune, as it's heavily orchestrated. I wonder if that orchestration is Johnny's work -- you've seen / heard his excellent score for There Will Be Blood, yes?

AuthorMessage

Adam

451. Posted:

Whoa, one of the guys from Radiohead did that soundtrack? I had no idea. I love the score (and the film).

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

452. Posted:

Indeed, Johnny Greenwood scored that film. He and Thom Yorke are really the two geniuses behind Radiohead (not that the rest of the band isn't technically phenomenal, but those two are like a Lennon/McCartney pair from another planet).

AuthorMessage

Adam

453. Posted:

Yikes, I am awful at this game. It took me about an hour to get down the simplest rhythm somewhat cleanly. As much as I hate to be a cop out, but despite suggesting we start a collaboration going, I don't think I'd be the best one to start it if we do.

Also, is there a way to save a song without playing it first? For instance, I just played the sixth and final part for a song, but it was really bad and unnecessary. So I went to the Change Instruments screen, erased it, and said that's that. But from that screen it seems like you have to play a part in order to get to the screen where you can save. I guess I need to start saving after each instrument is done and then deleting the back-ups. Or, in the event that you can't save from this screen, is there at least a way to change which Mii is placed where on stage? I hate having to redo a percussion part at the end, and then having some goofy Mii shaking a maraca in the spotlight as if he's doing anything interesting.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

454. Posted:

Nice work, Kid A -- I think the percussive combination you chose captures it very well. I tried Pyramid Song for a few minutes... and need to find a better starting track or something, because the problem for me is that the resulting shifted rhythm doesn't have the proper chords to guide ones ear to what should be the start of each iteration... it's going to be hard to get anywhere with it, but I'll try again soon.

Adam, I should have noted that the trumpet on the last one you sent me had a great melody -- if you're still shaky on percussion, then we should certainly leave the main melody slot open for you. As far as saving: you do indeed have to play a part in order to do so, and the last instrument you play will always be out in front. The only really good side effect of that restriction is that whichever instrument in a video is last and spotlighted must have been recorded at the final speed, so there's a way to show off an incredible solo or something and have no question about having sped it up afterward (my Material Girl solo, for instance, was last on that recording so that I could get props for its crazy speed and accuracy ;) ). Having something minor like a maraca out in front doesn't bother me too much, but it is certainly amusing. If you get into that situation, switch to a different stage before recording that last part. Some of the stages feature the final instrument more prominently (the music room) than others (the truck where there are just two rows of players).

AuthorMessage

Adam

455. Posted:

Thanks! I really enjoy making the melodies, and sometimes I just leave the Tutes in for rhythm if I don't plan on sharing. But I'm sure everyone enjoys that part, so I would hate to monopolize perhaps the most interesting part. I'll keep working on my rhythm so eventually I can do whatever part is necessary.

Sometimes it's just that I have a bad sense of timing, but other times it's just that the remote thinks I played a note when I didn't, or there is just a slight delay. I still am not won over by motion controls as far as precision goes, despite how fun it is (and despite the fact that no one else seems to have these problems).

Oh well. When it gets too frustrating, I remind myself that it's just a game and pick up a real instrument to console myself.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

456. Posted:

Oh well. When it gets too frustrating, I remind myself that it's just a game and pick up a real instrument to console myself.

Pick up a banjo, and make Miyamoto proud. For me, it's usually my cheap keyboard. I really need to upgrade that thing.

AuthorMessage

Adam

457. Posted:

If I had one, I certainly would. It's pretty far down the list of instruments I plan to get. I'd love to see him playing his banjo. That is such a funny mental image. I did learn Mute City on balalaika, though (for whatever reason). Maybe that'd make him proud enough.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

458. Posted:

You I don't play any instruments? But I've always been a musically minded person. I plan on taking piano lessons sooner or later.

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

459. Posted:

KID_A and warioswoods
i've added you.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

460. Posted:

I need to add you SKTTR. I'll get on that later today :)

Edited on by Kid_A