Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 341 to 360 of 694

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

341. Posted:

Kid a, don't worry ;) it's ok, it's something i know.

Edited on by Metroid_Italia

Wii Code: 0769 6133 5781 7675
Pes 2009: 2965 4530 0573

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

342. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

I'll Be There was quite nice. Two things in particular that I liked: You're always very effective at using the single-notes / arpeggios in the chord slot, something that isn't as easy as it seems, since each song has its own standard pattern built-in that it repeats. I often try it out and can't make it sound the way I want, but you always seem to find so many alternate patterns in there (usually on piano, but banjo this time!) by choosing just the right beats, and it works out very well. I also loved the cello playing, nice control of volume and touch, which is what the string instruments in this game are all about.

Thanks! I've found that using the single notes while playing the chord part is a good way to create an original-sounding song. I used the banjo because I've actually been listening to some banjo music. Bukowski from Modest Mouse, specifically. Plus, I had never played I'll be There before, so I'd thought I'd try something new.

Oh, and did I send you "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"? That one turned out pretty good. Really jazzy.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

343. Posted:

Ok I've sent the finished version of my September video to some of you. Ignore my deleted post if you saw it, I'm feeling better about this tune now.
@Kid_A: That Swan Lake video was class! Loved it!

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

344. Posted:

I don't think I have your Wake Me Up video, Kid A, so you should correct that sometime. I reached 100 videos again recently and didn't realize it at first, as it doesn't warn you--I'd recommend checking anyone thinks they might be close. I had to just run through and delete a lot of the older videos I'd received from others, even though I like keeping some of the best of those when possible. The thing is, when you get another video past 100, it will just delete your currently lowest rated video without telling you; since I only rate my own (I don't see the point in rating videos by others, who won't see the score anyway), it meant that one or two of mine went missing before I noticed; thankfully they were just terrible videos that friends made while visiting, and that I'd probably rated 0. I've made some decent ones with friends, mind you, but as Chicken once noted, the first run through with new players is usually pretty awful.

Outrunner -- I liked that one, and in particular I thought that the use of the clarinet was perfect. Sometimes one instrument will bring together the whole sound like that, filling in a space left by the others (in this case, all those higher pitched and plucky instruments; nice to have that mellow reed come in underneath).

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

345. Posted:

100 videos at the beginning seemed to be a reasonable number, but now, i have proceded eliminating some videos and it's always a terrible choice!

Edited on by Metroid_Italia

Wii Code: 0769 6133 5781 7675
Pes 2009: 2965 4530 0573

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

346. Posted:

I've been out of town for a few days so I haven't made any new videos. I'll get back on it. (I've been a bit busy game-wise because I just unlocked the super secret last character on Punch-Out and I've been trying to beat him).

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

347. Posted:

Where's Chicken been of late? To busy toting around that big shield to stop in and play some music?

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

348. Posted:

Yeah I really need to boot his up again, especially so I can re-record my time-change experiment. It's basically done, but I want to give it a much cleaner run-through.

I've been spending my gaming time on a few others, mainly Punch Out, now, but I've also got a big (as in, massive) writing project I'm really trying to polish up by the end of the year. It's difficult...every time I sweep through it, I find myself fiddling and changing little things. I really need somebody else to read it and just help me isolate the sections that actually need work...as opposed to the ones that I could just screw around with for no good reason until the end of time.

Also, I'm afraid of the avalanche of videos I'll have waiting for me.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

349. Posted:

@Chicken Brutus: Glad you got your old avatar back! Oh and what's this writing project? I'm a bit of a writer myself.

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

350. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

@Chicken Brutus: Glad you got your old avatar back! Oh and what's this writing project? I'm a bit of a writer myself.

Actually, it's a novel I've been working on (off and on) for the past five years. It doesn't feel like five years, but, lo and behold, I near the end of the project and do the math and a fifth of my life has been invested in this thing.

It turned out great, but...if I let myself, I'll just keep screwing with it for all eternity. So I set myself the deadline of the end of the year. I'm spending all of this time getting it in the absolute best shape I can get it (with the help of a few proofreaders I respect...one of a literary bent, and one professional humorist), and then I'll solicit some agents.

I've had a few short stories published, but my heart has always belonged to longer works, and I'm extremely proud of this novel. I just need to get it squared away at last, so that I can get it out the door, and begin the arduous process of shredding rejection letters.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Adam

351. Posted:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I really need somebody else to read it and just held me

Read it and hold you? Well, I wouldn't mind reading it, but if I have to hold you, at least clean your feathers first.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

352. Posted:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Actually, it's a novel I've been working on (off and on) for the past five years. It doesn't feel like five years, but, lo and behold, I near the end of the project and do the math and a fifth of my life has been invested in this thing.

It turned out great, but...if I let myself, I'll just keep screwing with it for all eternity. So I set myself the deadline of the end of the year. I'm spending all of this time getting it in the absolute best shape I can get it (with the help of a few proofreaders I respect...one of a literary bent, and one professional humorist), and then I'll solicit some agents.

I've had a few short stories published, but my heart has always belonged to longer works, and I'm extremely proud of this novel. I just need to get it squared away at last, so that I can get it out the door, and begin the arduous process of shredding rejection letters.

That's great! I really love writing, but I also love drawing, so I've been tinkering with this idea for a graphic novel for a few years now. It's not some dorky super hero graphic novel (to be honest I'm actually not a comic book fan at all). I'm starting to realize that I'm just not quite good enough at drawing landscapes and the like to make it all work, so I'm going to try to collaborate with a much more talented friend of mine. Anyway, I think it's really cool that you're writing a novel, so keep me posted on how that goes!

AuthorMessage

Adam

353. Posted:

Graphic novels are really popular for memoirs these days. I don't like super hero comics at all, so I'm glad for this change. As long as no one in your graphic novel has a cape, I'm sure it'll be great.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

354. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Graphic novels are really popular for memoirs these days. I don't like super hero comics at all, so I'm glad for this change. As long as no one in your graphic novel has a cape, I'm sure it'll be great.

I actually have this one character who's a retired Superhero. His name is Captain Surrender. He was basically just a worthless political tool, used when a battle or war wasn't going particularly well. He would swoop in all dramatically and, well, surrender. It's not what the novel is about, mind you. He's just sort of a random character I threw in there for comedic purposes.

Oh, and Adam, did you ever get Wii Music?

AuthorMessage

Adam

355. Posted:

Nah, the guy I ordered from said he couldn't find it, haha, so I got refunded. But thanks for reminding me. I'll check Ebay again. I just spent a lot on a DSi and some games, so I'll get Music if I can find it cheap used.

Oh, and the retired superhero is hilarious!

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Richard

356. Posted:

Maestro's - sorry to go off on a tangent - I would love to hear a song or two from you guys - Warioswoods sold me this game after reading his comments back on page one of this topic - so went out and landed £30 on it. Not unlocked all the songs yet but I must admit am having fun with this software.
Cheers Guys - I put my Wii Number in my Sig. and have turned on song sharing - I think thats all you have to do?

Richard

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

357. Posted:

@Richard

Hooray, welcome :) And yes, that should be all you need to do--well, that and add each person's code in the usual way on the main Wii menu. Once you and a friend are confirmed on the Wii's message board, it will then usually take a little while longer (sometimes a day) for Wii Music to recognize it, at which point it will let you know that you are able to share now with an alert on the main menu. I'll add your code later on today when I'm back at my place.

AuthorMessage

Richard

358. Posted:

... Cheers Warioswoods - Scouting through the posts I have added your good self & ...
ChickenBrutus
Sean Aaron
Metroid Italia
Chatham
Terranigma
Kid A
Outrunner

Richard

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

359. Posted:

Cool man. Welcome to ya and have fun. I'll add you tomorrow when I get on my Wii.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

360. Posted:

I never knew so many people enjoyed this game...I guess...No I'm not sure how so many people enjoy the game actually... I for one think the game is average.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs