321. Posted:

Will do.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

322. Posted:

Does everyone here play a musical instrument? Is there some basic knowledge required to do this stuff or can it all be learned in the game? Like how you break the structure of the songs and that? I don't seem to be doing very well... lol. I don't play any real instruments.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

323. Posted:

Outrunner wrote:

Does everyone here play a musical instrument? Is there some basic knowledge required to do this stuff or can it all be learned in the game? Like how you break the structure of the songs and that? I don't seem to be doing very well... lol. I don't play any real instruments.

No, I don't play any musical instruments. And I think you're doing a good job with Wii Music. It just takes practice, because unlike Guitar Hero, this game actually challenges you musically. It took me awhile before I started getting anything musically interesting. Keep with it. I think you're doing a great job!

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

324. Posted:

@ Outrunner: no, you don't have to be Mozart to play Wii music, neather Ringo Starr. You need just rhitm sense and ears.

Wii Code: 0769 6133 5781 7675
Pes 2009: 2965 4530 0573

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

325. Posted:

Well, since you specifically asked about "breaking the structure of a song," yeah, it'd be good to have some experience with music and how/why it works, or at least a good ear for that sort of thing. Otherwise you can easily make an awful racket.

But to play the game, and to enjoy the game, and to learn from the game, you don't need any experience. Hopefully you have a pretty good sense of timing. If you don't, keep at the game; it's a great way to learn. You probably won't be composing any Zappa-esque fugues right off the bat, but take all of the jam mastery lessons and experiment. You'll find yourself making some pretty cool stuff before long.

Just don't get discouraged. Everyone develops at their own rate, when it comes to music.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

326. Posted:

I was thinking about the wii line up; i've tried and i still have many top games, Mario Galazy, Zelda, SSBB, Metroid 3, Madworld etc. and, for me, it's my personal idea, Wii Music is the game which gives more in the wii gameplay potential. It's far beyond every game as concept.

I think it's the best Wii game, and playing online with other persons it's one of the best videogame experience. Thank you guys!

AuthorMessage

Adam

327. Posted:

Dang it, the guy I ordered from just refunded me and said he couldn't find the game, haha. Way to go, guy. Oh well, I just spend the money on another game instead, so you guys better keep posting videos and working on that site. If I can't play it, I at least want to watch. :)

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

328. Posted:

OK, I'll keep at it. I'll defo send you videos when I do make something I like. Please keep sending me stuff because I love listening to them.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

329. Posted:

@Sean Aaron: Cheers for sending me a heap load of vids! :D Just about to watch 'em now.

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

330. Posted:

Adam keep on watching our, ehm, performances!!!

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

331. Posted:

Outrunner wrote:

@Sean Aaron: Cheers for sending me a heap load of vids! :D Just about to watch 'em now.

Super, I didn't realise how many I've actually made until I used up my messaging allocation! One of them is the video embedded above, but I expect watching it on telly is better than a tiny YouTube window.

Metroid Italia, I haven't forgotten your drums, but getting Tenchu and The Conduit close together plus starting to review WiiWare titles for NL have meant less time for Wii Music lately...

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

332. Posted:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Super, I didn't realise how many I've actually made until I used up my messaging allocation! One of them is the video embedded above, but I expect watching it on telly is better than a tiny YouTube window.

Finished watching them all today. Got side-tracked last night. Very good sir. They've inspired me to get stuck in again.
Also, the balance board is great for drumming. I didn't expect it to be so much fun.

Edited on by Outrunner

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

333. Posted:

I haven't played the game in like a week because my cousins have spent the week at my house and, unfortunatly, the don't like Wii Music. I suspect they also dislike candy, sunshine, and all other wonderful things. Anyway, I'll have to get back on the ball with creating videos and stuff. And metroid, I'll send you my Mii. I forget, have I sent you any vids?

Edited on by Kid_A

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

334. Posted:

Sean: don't worry, take all the time you need ;)

later, i'll send some videos to all. don't be scared eh eh

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

335. Posted:

I've made a couple videos yesterday and today and sent them to all. I don't think any of them are my best work, but they're solid, and certainly not bad (at least I don't think they're bad)
The Material Girl one is probably the best of my most recent bunch, and I like the concept of my Wii Music Theme video; just not sure I nailed the execution.

Oh and interesting stuff Metroid :) It's all good, but I think with a little more polish they could be even better.

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

336. Posted:

yes, i know, but i like so. I wanted to create music with dirt sound.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

337. Posted:

That Wii Music theme had some great piano work, Kid_A -- and Carmen works surprisingly well in that style of arrangement you sent, Metroid.

I made and sent out one today that is... uncharacteristically mellow, I guess. Maybe inspired more by Chicken's super laid back jams. I had actually started up Turkey in the Straw hoping to use that drum part from Metroid, and ended up just making something completely different, but I still plan to give those drums another shot later sometime.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

338. Posted:

Metroid+Italia wrote:

yes, i know, but i like so. I wanted to create music with dirt sound.

Oh, well then keep it up :p
Hope that didn't sound insulting. If you want that kind of sound, then you really are doing a good job :)

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

339. Posted:

Alright, I listened to Wariowoods new song. Brilliant as always. I made a pretty cool song today...I THINK it's I'll Be There, but it might not be. Anyways, it turned out pretty good. Better than my last few, I'd say.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

340. Posted:

I'll Be There was quite nice. Two things in particular that I liked: You're always very effective at using the single-notes / arpeggios in the chord slot, something that isn't as easy as it seems, since each song has its own standard pattern built-in that it repeats. I often try it out and can't make it sound the way I want, but you always seem to find so many alternate patterns in there (usually on piano, but banjo this time!) by choosing just the right beats, and it works out very well. I also loved the cello playing, nice control of volume and touch, which is what the string instruments in this game are all about.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread