Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 281 to 300 of 694

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

281. Posted:

So, here's our second collaboration attempt, which came out pretty well considering how hard building an arrangement is by trading like this, but we can certainly do even better in the future. This is also my chance to show off my new setup for capturing video from the Wii, which looks pretty darn good now--so much better than shaky cam footage!

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

282. Posted:

That collaberation turned out really well! I want in on the next one.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

283. Posted:

Well, I sent everyone I had registered my latest video. Give me your feedback. I'm pretty darn pleased with it.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

284. Posted:

Great work! I love the texture, the mood buildup, and the melody that you managed to tease out of old Frere'. You needn't be concerned in the slightest, as you suggested once recently, about your skills compared to the rest of us; you're work is as polished as anyone here.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

285. Posted:

Wow, thanks a bunch man! Glad you got that emulator, because there's some of these that I've always wanted to post on Youtube. I won't bother you with that now, but maybe someday I will. Glad you liked it, anyways.

AuthorMessage

apocalypse217

286. Posted:

whoah wii music has fans ? j/k . not my type of game

apocalypse217

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

287. Posted:

Umm okay?

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

288. Posted:

@@ @@

hey guys, the video on youtube is very cool! i'm now going to send the link to all my friends.

Sono commosso @@ @@ mamma mia ;)

i think our music definetely rocks!

Wii Code: 0769 6133 5781 7675
Pes 2009: 2965 4530 0573

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

289. Posted:

the thread is still alive and kicking.

We' ve to find two new comrades, who wants to share with us some videos!

Wii Code: 0769 6133 5781 7675
Pes 2009: 2965 4530 0573

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

290. Posted:

Speaking of which, I need to register you Metroid. I'll get on that sometime today.
I looked back and I had no idea how old this thread was! It's impressive that it's still around.

AuthorMessage

geek-master

291. Posted:

im in music i play the harmonica! its a 160$ one from back during the 1920's.

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

AuthorMessage

Knux

292. Posted:

What's so great about Wii Music? You can't even create your own music!

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

293. Posted:

@SuperSonic1990

You do create your own music, but not in the way you might expect; you have to start off with one of the 50 tracks and then, working within and against the structure of the song, bend it into something of your own. This is actually much closer in many ways to the way one naturally composes music than, say, the explicit music creator in Mario Paint. That may sound counterintuitive, since the latter looks more like directly creating music by drawing the notes on the staff, but most bands out there create music by toying with musical ideas and arrangements, combining different influences and waiting for something to click, rather than drawing out a score note by note.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

294. Posted:

Also, unlike Guitar Hero where you're tied down to playing specific notes, in Wii Music you're free to improvise whenever you please, and you can use over 60 different instruments to do so. Wii Music is not like Rock Band or Guitar Hero, in the fact that it's not about "rocking out" or perfection, it's about composing music and expressing your creativity. If you're interested in musical composition, this is worth checking out.

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

295. Posted:

Got your videos warioswoods. They're awesome! I don't understand what I'm doing really, lol.
edit: adding you too Kid_A.

Edited on by Outrunner

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

296. Posted:

Alright I made a couple new videos that I send to everyone last night (except outrunner because I litterally JUST added you). The one's that turned out well were Grandfather Clock and Swan Lake. I tried a little beat experiment as well with Twinkle Twinkle but...well it'll be good for a laugh :p

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

297. Posted:

I did a new one just now with September. It's really the first time I've tried to work 'outside the box' so it's probably not great. I'll send it you if you don't mind and you can tell me if I'm doing OK or not.
Edit: How do you add someone on this? It added you automatically warioswoods. My Wii still hasn't recognised Chicken Brutus' FC, it has recognised Kid_A but I can't send videos to anyone but ww. Sorry if I'm bein a nuisance... lol.

Edited on by Outrunner

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

298. Posted:

@Outrunner

Even though it's a more "straightforward" arrangement, I thought your Animal Crossing was quite nice--you've already got the hang of giving the arrangement some space, having different sections and buildup, etc. As far as the friend registration, I know that it usually takes a while even after confirmation as Wii friends for Wii Music to allow video sharing, and Chicken Brutus only has his Wii online sporadically, so everything takes forever with him, but once he finally gets online and is confirmed, he will receive anything you send him, it just make take him a while.

@Kid_A

Both of your latest arrangements were extremely well done! As for Twinkle Twinkle, I couldn't help but use your great percussion for a weird finished video, which I just sent back at you; I'm not sure yet if it lives up to the potential of the percussion, but I'll see how I like it once I come back to it in a day--I always find it hard to judge a recording when I've just finished making it and had to hear it a trillion times in a row during the recording. I also sent one of my own electric version of Swan Lake, but I believe your version is better.

I can't wait until I have the time to get this website up and running, so that we can share, comment on, and rate our videos all in one place; hopefully I'll find enough time outside work to keep pulling it together over the next few weeks.

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

299. Posted:

Thanks ww. It is very 'straightforward' though as you say. I really loved your Sakura Sakura. It's very different from the original melody and has sort of opened my eyes to what can be done. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do anything like that but I'll try and have fun.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

300. Posted:

Outrunner I've registered you as well.

Kid_A, I've yet to check out your latest creations, but I should get some time in the next couple of days (got a backlog; Tenchu beckons since I've got to write a review of it).

I just think it's so brilliant this thread is going strong and we've got a good cadre of Wii Music video sharers. Even without the collaborations just being able to share videos with folks is really great. I cannot wait to see what happens with the website!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron