Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 261 to 280 of 694

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

261. Posted:

@Kid_A

Wonderful use of strings and piano in that Scarborough Fair video you sent me; that's a perfect little recording, and I really like short sketches like that which never have to turn into something longer or more complicated. I sent a couple more jazz-ish videos of mine, one of which I'm pretty proud of (balance board drums, albeit a little off here and there) and one that uses Chicken's bass but needs some work before I'll be satisfied with it.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

262. Posted:

Gracias! I recorded that little guy yesterday and was really happy with the way it came out. I've been trying to make some vids that have a lot of build up. (been listening to lots of In Rainbows, where all the songs have a lot of build-up like that). I liked your Scarborough Fair vid as well.

I got your vids you sent today, Chicken's vids, and his Mii, but I'm spending the night at a friends house tonight so I won't be able to check 'em out tomorrow. I'm looking forward to see what Chicken's style is.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

263. Posted:

Nice stuff Kid_A. Listening to Girls Against Boys at the moment; don't know if I'll do anything in the near future with the sound, but the idea of duelling basses is intriguing; I think Metroid IT did a track with two basses in it...

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

264. Posted:

Kid_A:
Your take on O Christmas Tree played five or six times while I was making fajitas last night. Admit it; there's no greater compliment than that. (I just wish it were longer...nice and spacy, the way I like it...) The others were good, too, but that's the one that really resonated with me.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

265. Posted:

@Chicken Brutus
Your compliment left me speechless. And I mean that in a very good way.
Is the My Christmas Tree one the one with me on the piano and two dudes named Fro-Fro on turntables, with Beaufords on the harp...all floating in space? I must admit that one is near and dear to my heart. So catchy! I do wish it were longer, but there's nothing I can do about that. I can't wait to listen your all y'alls videos tonight. I'll send my Mii your way if you'd like.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

266. Posted:

claps hands wildly Holy crap guys! Great stuff!
Chicken, your Frere Jaques was inspiring. I'm a fan of the spacy stuff as well. Bravo.
Wario, your F-Zero was....epic. To say the least. How do you do that man? Is that that click-clack whatever meathod I heard about? Regardless, that was awesome. I've got to start making more original songs.
Keep it coming guys, this is fun. But now I feel self consious because my stuff is weak in comparison.

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

267. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

@Chicken Brutus
Your compliment left me speechless. And I mean that in a very good way.
Is the My Christmas Tree one the one with me on the piano and two dudes named Fro-Fro on turntables, with Beaufords on the harp...all floating in space? I must admit that one is near and dear to my heart. So catchy! I do wish it were longer, but there's nothing I can do about that. I can't wait to listen your all y'alls videos tonight. I'll send my Mii your way if you'd like.

Can't remember who was playing it, to be honest (I was making fajitas for real, so my back was to the TV) but it definitely was on the space backdrop. If you feel like you'd want to extend your running time, just drop the tempo all the way down. You can still play at your own rate (ignore the metronome!) and you'll get more time per song that way.

Thanks for the Frere Jacques compliment! That was a really pleasant surprise. I love the galactic drums / NES horn "siren", but I'm afraid to use it again because I don't want it to become a crutch.

Your stuff is pretty good, Kid_A, with definite potential. Don't get discouraged; I'd be very interested in hearing you expand your abilities. And you've got a talented (though small) crew here that'll be happy to help and offer criticism.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

268. Posted:

snif thank you. I'll start doing more experimental stuff. I'm on summer vacation, so I've got nothing but time.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

269. Posted:

Oh, and if anyone here is looking for some inspiration, check out a band called Animal Collective. If you're into kind of spacy stuff, they're the holy grail. I'm obsessed with a song they have called "Bluish". I highly reccomend giving it a listen.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

270. Posted:

This thread really died didn't it?
Such a shame.

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

271. Posted:

Hey I'm lookin to get more out of this game. Can I add you guys?

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

272. Posted:

Definitely add me, Outrunner. Post your own code, too, so we can add you in return!

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

273. Posted:

I don't think you can say it's dead just because a day goes by without a new post!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

274. Posted:

OK there's me Wii number in me sig now. Thanks sir.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

275. Posted:

Do add me, Outrunna'

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

276. Posted:

Also, I just finally received my video-capture equipment, so I should be able to start recording high quality versions of anything we've done, when needed / requested.

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

277. Posted:

Will do matey.
Edit: added warioswoods and Chicken Brutus. What do we do? Just send videos?

Edited on by Outrunner

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

278. Posted:

Add me as well.

My code is 7234-3284-7284-1045

I'll add you tonight. Feel free to send me stuff.

AuthorMessage

geek-master

279. Posted:

im on the wall for renting wii music. i would rather just get more nintendo points or buy a gamecube game i loved or a n64 game from back in the day :)

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

280. Posted:

Outrunner:
You can send videos if you have anything you'd like to show off, or something you want feedback on. If you like, I'll send you some of mine, and I'm sure Wario/Sean/Metroid etc. will be more than happy to give you some of theirs as well.

Geek Master:
If you're musically-inclined, or interested in what makes music "work," then by all means, give it a rent. You'll have loads of fun.

If you're NOT really into music, or curious about what goes into its composition, fair warning: it may bore you.