Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 141 to 160 of 694

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

141. Posted:

Always makes me happy to hear that one more person picked this up and is enjoying it. Just finally placed my friend code to my sig, and I'll add you when I next play. I need to find more time to devote to it, lately haven't really sat down with it long enough to create anything too complicated. Oh, and I like both extremes -- more exploratory pieces where you try to bend the song into something new, and inventive, tight arrangements of the original tune.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Terra

142. Posted:

I've just added you, and I like both those extremes too. Just playing the song is far too boring

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

143. Posted:

We Care a lot? great song. I've been to the live performance of Faith no More, with Limp Bizkit special guest, and i've to say that Mike Patton's band is one of the best group ever.

Terranigma: welcome! i'll add you ASAP.

Wii Code: 0769 6133 5781 7675
Pes 2009: 2965 4530 0573

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

144. Posted:

Terranignma; I think we've already exchanged codes; if not I'll add you. Either way I'll inflict my videos upon you!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

145. Posted:

terranigma, i'm adding you right now.

Wii Code: 0769 6133 5781 7675
Pes 2009: 2965 4530 0573

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

146. Posted:

I've sent Metroid Italia my cut of the "Tuba Version" of the F-Zero track using toy piano on Melody.

I've also spammed Terranigma with videos mercilessly.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Adam

147. Posted:

I just rented it. My system code is 8132-6694-3602-2375. I have it until Sunday. I've got a pretty busy weekend though, so I don't know how much I'll be able to play it. If you guys need an extra instrument in one of your songs, let me know and I'll try my best! I'll add everyone in a bit.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Terra

148. Posted:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

I've also spammed Terranigma with videos mercilessly.

Oh cruel karma, this is your payback I see. :D

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

149. Posted:

@Adam -- ooh, I shall send some of my videos your way, but as for collaborations, I'll actually be out of town starting Thursday, but perhaps, if I have time, I'll start something and pass it along to you for the second part, then it can go from there -- if you've given back your rental by the time it finishes its circuit, maybe someone (Chicken) will be so kind as to put the final outcome on YouTube for your amusement.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

Adam

150. Posted:

Dang, I can't believe how much I have to unlock. I would never have expected that from this game. How do I get some Nintendo music quickly? I can only play Daydream Believer so much.

Also, I'm still getting the hang of this, so it might be best for everyone if your latest jam doesn't make the circuit before my rental expires. :D

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

151. Posted:

Unlocking stuff involves doing a certain number of lessons (AND saving the videos), playing through all the games, and...um...that might be it. It won't take you too long.

I'll try to get you some vids. Don't know why Wario suggested I put vids on youtube...I don't have that ability! I think he's just trying to make me look like a jerk when they don't appear.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

152. Posted:

Yeah, it does take some time to get everything unlocked, and the intro sections can be a bit annoying in their simplicity -- I believe a fair number of reviewers never made it past that point, thinking "oh, so it's just a game where you bang out Twinkle Twinkle Lil' Star on a piano?" To get everything unlocked (songs, stages, and instruments), you'll have to do a few things, including I, believe: saving two or three videos, playing through a couple of the lessons, completing all the pitch perfect levels (which you can do quite quickly if you are good at discerning pitches and chords), playing all the handbell songs once (my least favorite side-game), and conducting all the pieces once (which is a joy once you get the hang of it).

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

153. Posted:

The good news is: it'll specifically tell you when you've unlocked everything that CAN be unlocked by saving videos. That'll prevent you from saving video after video after video until the end of time, hoping for a new instrument or something.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

154. Posted:

@Brutus

I was just referring to the fact that you sort of have that ability, although any one of us can get shaky cam footage I suppose. Making you look like a jerk is just a nice bonus, making it a guaranteed win-win situation either way.

But I do intend to buy a proper USB video capture thingy in time, so then the responsibility will fall to me, I suppose.

AuthorMessage

Adam

155. Posted:

Ugh, this pitch perfect nonsense is annoying. It's so easy, but the last song on part seven doesn't seem to have the right notes, so I have to keep wading through the tedium of the rest of the lesson to spend a few seconds failing it miserably.

I don't understand how the whole concept of "unlocking" the game you've already paid for by jumping through hoops hasn't been done away with yet, especially in a game like this. It makes no sense.

I just want to play some songs that aren't Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, sheesh.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

156. Posted:

Hey, stop bad-mouthing Miyamoto's love-gift to me. It makes Wario frown.

In all seriousness, though, I never had the problem you're describing with Pitch Perfect; if you get through the earlier games faster, though, you'll have more than enough time to fiddle with that last part. Discipline!

AuthorMessage

Adam

157. Posted:

I already finished pretty much everything else. I think I realized the problem now though. The guitars each have just enough delay to make me think that one of them is two notes, which confused the heck out of me. They really should have thought better about that for this mini-game.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

158. Posted:

Bear in mind that all you get from finishing Pitch Perfect is a new background for your music vids. You may want to concentrate on your jam lessons so that you can REALLY ROCK OUT

@wario:
Ha! I forgot I even uploaded that. Okay, fair enough. If it's so desired, I can get footage of similar quality from other jams. :)

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

159. Posted:

Perhaps it's also an anticipatory tied-note? Those have a natural tendency (to me at least) to sound a bit like two notes due to their crossing of the beat, like the early note leading into the last measures of the main section in Ode to Joy.

Or, it could just be the limitations of the guitar sound, and I could be talking nonsense.

EDIT: Oh crap, I think you're right, Brutus -- Pitch Perfect only unlocks that music room stage. I should have warned him before he spent time going through those lessons. Oh well!

Edited on by warioswoods

AuthorMessage

Adam

160. Posted:

Haha, it was just a bit of delay, nothing more complicated than that. I thought the third note was actually two notes.

I'm on the last lesson now and having even worse problems with the final song on that one. Are you sure there's no song after this? I unlocked a song for beating lesson 4. It'd be weird if you got a song for lesson 4 but only a stage for 8.

I'll just work on saving some videos for now then. I really want to play some game music. I'm surprised how few songs are from games. Seems like a big missed opportunity, though I understand they were trying to appeal to a nontraditional crowd.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,