Wii Forum

Topic: Attn Wii Music Fans!

Showing 121 to 140 of 694

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

121. Posted:

well. it was just the first song, and it was pretty good, the next song will be a masterpiece... i'm sure! for the final of the song, i'm sure that 2 other instruments will make it rock.

i can play every instrument, so feel free to use everything. Anyway, like wariowoods said, i often start playing with the bass, but it's not a problem beginning with orher things.

Wii Code: 0769 6133 5781 7675
Pes 2009: 2965 4530 0573

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

122. Posted:

Alright, I sent two options over to you Sean... one subdued tuba and an even more subdued violin, just pick one or the other to use. Delete the black belt who is just standing there -- that's necessary so I could save after having gone back to the menu. They are both a bit odd... but quiet enough so that they shouldn't be prominent in the final mix; you and Metriod will have to take the spotlight.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

123. Posted:

Groovy, I'll check 'em out in the next couple of days.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

124. Posted:

Hey Sean, just sent that back to you replacing my violin with a piano -- as I imagine you noticed, the violin was no longer audible at all over your saxophone -- you know that the angle you hold the remote determines the volume on that instrument right?? Just kidding, although I rarely play any instrument full volume unless it's a big finish or other stand-out section of the song, I do like your sax part, it's just that with you playing at full volume, that violin had to go; the piano fits much better now anyhow, so it's definitely a change for the better.

I'm hoping you hadn't sent it over to Metroid Italia yet for his part, but if so, I can send him the amended version myself (so far only sent to you), unless he's already worked on his part. Let me know, in any case.

Edited on by warioswoods

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

125. Posted:

Yeah, it's really hard to find a balance with instruments like that. The violin gets lost so easily. Ditto the ukulele, the galactic piano, and a few others I'm not remembering right now. I DO wish there was some kind of "mixing board" feature, but at the same time it's not such a bad thing to learn how to work around it.

PS Wario...is that actually your Twitter, or just some thing you're interested in advertising?

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

126. Posted:

Yeah, that's my Twitter, and it's hard to describe why I write those, or why I feel compelled to encode vague allusions in the form of unusual palindromes, but it's an amusement I picked up lately. I suppose I enjoy word play a bit too much. Just to give you a glimpse of how sometimes nerdy the hidden allusions are, that one attributed to "Tolian S." refers to Dr. Tolian Soren, who said to Picard in the film Star Trek Generations: "time is the fire in which we burn." There are plenty of references to more academic matters as well, psychoanalysts like Lacan and Zizek, the Marquis de Sade, or poets like Celan. But again, it's just a useless past time I picked up, coming up with palindromes in my head whilst driving, waiting in line, etc.

As for the mixing board idea -- that would indeed be quite useful, to be able to adjust the relative volumes of each instrument after the fact, in particular since I tend to prefer the tone of certain instruments at different dynamic ranges -- the violin and cello, for instance, I always play very quietly, because the 'attack' on each note is too harsh sounding when it play it louder.

Edited on by warioswoods

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

127. Posted:

Sorry about the volume, I just got in the habit of playing it up; I do really like your violin though, so I'll try another cut with a lower volume -- nice bass work Chicken!

I did already send it on to Metroid Italia, though I've not heard back yet.

I also still intend to use the tuba version -- I don't see why we cannot have three goes at the one piece, it's a nice one!

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

128. Posted:

No problem -- I actually prefer the piano to the violin now, so I'll maybe send it over to Metroid Italia later with a note, as an alternate choice in case he hasn't already added his part.

That tuba is also super-quiet, so I know that it'd be hard to make a full arrangement where it is still audible in the resulting mix... I must have just been in a subdued state of mind when I recorded those parts, ha, keeping everything to the low end of the dynamic spectrum.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

129. Posted:

Well, I did it anyway and I trashed the original one I did in favour of it (I also prefer my performance). I think the violin is more audible for sure.

I still intend to tackle the tuba anyway!

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

130. Posted:

ok, i'm going to listen the song.

AuthorMessage

Metroid_Italia

131. Posted:

it's fantastic, i like it..

Now i'm going to perform something with the drum. ;)

do you like the group Faith no More?

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

132. Posted:

I like "We Care a Lot" off the first album!

So Metroid, dude, if you do the sax please use the second one I sent with the sunburst album cover so we can hear Mr. Woods' lovely violin.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

133. Posted:

That's no problem, maybe I'll try to throw in another quiet fifth instrument on the final recording, if I can think of something complimentary -- the violin can just sit in the background of the mix :)

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

134. Posted:

Dudes, that came out great. :) Any imperfections can be chalked up to the fact that...well...we recorded each part without any real communication. I'm proud of it, much better than our first attempt!

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

135. Posted:

I still have to watch it, but now the Chicken has me expecting good things!

AuthorMessage

Terra

136. Posted:

I just got Wii Music earlier for £5 and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. Count me a fan

Edited on by Terra

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

137. Posted:

That's a great deal, Terranigma, and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. Want to add my console number? I'll add yours and we can swap videos.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

AuthorMessage

Terra

138. Posted:

Yeah, it was a pretty sweet deal, got it off my brother's friend. I now have all the released games in the Wii series. Moving on though, I'll add your code in a sec. Haven't created any good videos yet but I'm trying

Terra

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

139. Posted:

I'll send you a few. My personal goal with the game is to try to create something that sounds good, but as little like the original song as possible. Something that actually stands on its own as an entire separate piece of work, rather than a loose cover. Sometimes I've even succeeded. :) So I'll send you a few I've done that I like. Get Wario to add you, as well, and you'll get even more exploratory goodness. Between us you'll get a taste of how open the arrangements can be...and then I hope to see you producing great stuff too!

AuthorMessage

Terra

140. Posted:

That sounds excellent. I certainly hope I can produce some great stuff too, I'm gonna experiment a bit first to create something good. I'm just adding your code now.

Edited on by Terra

Terra