Forums

Topic: Are you a cheater?

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

HappyHappy

Just a little curious do you cheat and if you do why?
I don't cheat. I think it takes the challenge out of playing a video game and spoils the fun.

So many good games, so little money to spend.
3DS FC: 2148-8542-0062 Name:Ram-Z
Add me if you dare!
3DS Games:
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Twitter:

J-Man

I have never Cheated before. Can you believe that?

J-Man

HappyHappy

If you use a stragedy guide, video walkthroughs, and cheat codes before you beat a game.

So many good games, so little money to spend.
3DS FC: 2148-8542-0062 Name:Ram-Z
Add me if you dare!
3DS Games:
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Twitter:

MetalMario

I really don't think using a strategy guide every now and then is cheating. Using it for the whole game and not being able to do anything before looking again is probably cheating a little, though.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

J-Man

I wouldn't say that looking at a strategy guide is cheating at all. Because you did it yourself without anyone's help. Information from the strategy guide would be the only thing that helped you.

J-Man

AlexSays

Oh. My. Bananas.

You do not know how ironic it is that this is the first thread I've seen tonight.

Anyway, if I'm stuck somewhere in a game I don't hesitate to look up help. But then I don't even consider that cheating.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Ricardo91

@Alexsays. Are YOU a cheater?

I don't usually cheat in games unless I'm either seriously stuck on one part, or the cheats are just for poops and giggles like big-head mode or alternate costumes. After spending $50 on a game, I actually plan to, you know, PLAY the game, instead of just cheat through it. I hate people who do that.

MetalMario

Ricardo91 wrote:

@Alexsays. Are YOU a cheater?

I don't usually cheat in games unless I'm either seriously stuck on one part, or the cheats are just for poops and giggles like big-head mode or alternate costumes. After spending $50 on a game, I actually plan to, you know, PLAY the game, instead of just cheat through it. I hate people who do that.

Yeah, like people who go out and buy Pokemon and then in 5 seconds get every Pokemon and all of them on Lv. 100.

Okay. What else is there to do in that game besides train and collect? Battle, of course, but they would all end the same, and there wouldn't be anything to it.

But yeah, sometimes I cheat in games, but only AFTER I beat it once or twice. And I don't mean cheats like beating the game without doing anything, but small things like in Ratchet & Clank: you can swap your wrench for a sword. Awesome.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

theblackdragon

I've cheated (via gameshark and action replay) my way through RPGs before, mainly because I'm playing for the story. I see no problem with doing that (cheating for personal use, just to get through a game you like quicker than normal). Platformers and action/adventure games, there's no real point IMO unless the cheats are fun.

Man, I remember back in the days of the NES Game Genie, there was this cheat for SMB3 where you could swim through the air or walk through the air or something; that was my favorite for a long time.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Ramandus

I don't really cheat, but if I'm stumped on an RPG, I'll look it up online. This saves me hours of frustration...

I remember my neighbor had a Game Genie and he would play every game with some kind of code in it. For me, stuff like that takes the fun out of a game.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Sean_Aaron

I prefer not to use walkthroughs because it's so tedious referring to a laptop screen when playing a game (for action games like Zelda screenshots seem to be required), but if I get stuck it's a choice between that and chucking the game.

Needless to say if I have to use walkthroughs to play a game it hurts my impression of it and keeping the game for a future replay becomes unlikely.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

CowLaunch

I like cheats that enhance a game in a way you can't get by earning it or ones that actually make the game more difficult. The Donkey Kong Country games have a few of these.

CowLaunch

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.