Forums

Topic: A running trend?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

SepticLemon

This is something that I noticed from my previous game purchases...

Untitled

All all use (or at least use) blue on the disc art... As far as I'm aware, all Wii games in Japan use that light blue "Wii Blue" colour on their game discs. As for Minon, I thought they would use Yellow, since Minon is yellow, figures, Overlord I thought would be black, because of being evil... Tiger Woods should've been white like a Golf ball, and as for Wii Sports Resorts I think that white/blue match up was the right choice. Is it me or are PAL games going for the "All Wii Disc art is going to be blue" like Japanese games?

SepticLemon

Twitter:

LinktotheFuture

I am jealous you have Wii Sports Resort already. It doesn't come out in the US until Sunday. I think my Tiger Woods disc is white with black writing.

Edited on by LinktotheFuture

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

SepticLemon

LinktotheFuture wrote:

I am jealous you have Wii Sports Resort already. It doesn't come out in the US until Sunday.

Heh, I got my copy today, a day early from the official European release date too! and I really like it too, though yeah, cycling sucks...

LinktotheFuture wrote:

I think my Tiger Woods disc is white with black writing.

Yeah, that's how it should be in my mind, proves that disc art is different in each region...

SepticLemon

Twitter:

MickeyStruble

I'm in N.A. My Tiger Woods disc is Green with Black writing. And it doesn't have that picture of him. The title is at the top, in the center.

Edited on by MickeyStruble

MickeyStruble

SepticLemon

Mickey wrote:

I'm in N.A. my Tiger Woods disc is Green with Black writing.

Huh... interesting...

SepticLemon

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

My NA Overlord: Dark Legend disc looks pretty much the same as yours. It might be a little bit darker blue, but that could just be a trick of the light in your picture.

Checking some of my other recent releases, I find this:

Klonoa is yellow.
Little King's Story is black.
ExciteBots and Punch-Out!! are both red.

So we don't have TOO much "blue disc fever" going on over here.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

SonicMaster

Are tiger woods and overlord any fun? and is wii sports resort worth $50?

Edited on by SonicMaster

SonicMaster

SSBbrawler08

I don't like most of the sports games based on real people, I prefer the Mii sports because the characters are YOUR characters. Never played Overlord, and I'm getting Wii Sports Resort for free, so I don't know!

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

theblackdragon

I'm in NA:
Guitar Hero III is in black and white (white disc, black lettering/design)
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 is in black (the lettering is all silver from the disc itself)
Super Mario Galaxy is in navy and red
Okami is purple with dark purple accents/lettering
Lego Star Wars is in light blue and white (white lettering)
Twilight Princess is in gold and white (gold seems to be common among Zelda games; my copy of Windwaker is also gold)

I don't remember what the games I traded in (Budokai II, Wii Play, Lego Batman) looked like off the top of my head, and I can't find my copy of Wii Sports for some reason. D: also, I don't know about 'wii blue' or anything, but the blue of my copy of Lego Star Wars is more of a robin's egg blue than the darker true blue shown in the pics above.

edit: hey, cool, look what I found! someone's scanned a whole bunch of NTSC-U/PAL discs and put the images up on the web. google is awesome. o_O;

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.