Forums

Topic: Zero Percent Chance Sony Will Show PlayStation 4 At E3 2012

Posts 21 to 40 of 55

IAmNotWill

zezhyrule wrote:

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

I think Nintendo is a generation behind Microsoft and Sony.
Their consoles are more advanced, the Wii U is just now catching up in the HD category while the 720 and PS4 will probably be another step ahead. And yet they will all be grouped in the same generation.
Ninty fanboys and their unwavering blindness

Hard to tell if your trolling or not. If you are, then what you said is stupid. If not, ignore this post.

...everything he said was true though...?

Talk about blind fanboys.

How is that true? Has he gone to the future to see whether or not the PS4 and the 720 are more powerful than the Wii U? I'm not blind, just being logical.

Talk about stupid comments.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Gold_Ranger

I'm a Nintendo Fanboy all the way!
I have owned a Sega Genesis, Playstation, Playstation 2 and an X-Box.
Sega only had Sonic, The Terminator, Terminator 2, X-Men, Jurassic Park, Road Rage and ToeJam & Earl. Thats all i remember of those.
Playstation had Metal Gear Solid and Evil Dead... thats it!
Playstation 2 had Evil Dead, .hack 4-parter.... thats all i can think of.
X-Box had ............... nothing i cared about.
Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Jedi Outcast, Rogue Squadron, Hobbit, F-Zero, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct the frakkin list goes on and on...
I find the Nintendo games better made (exception - Skyward Sword) and more replayability. They are just more fun in general.
Give me WiiU or whatever it's new name will be over anything else!

Gold_Ranger

paburrows

shingi_70 wrote:

@paburrows

why not?1

No interest whatsoever, PS and X_Box have never come out with one single game that has interested me. I hate ultra realism, but besides that their game subjects just don't appeal to me. Nothing against those systems, its just they have nothing to offer me. Nintendo on the other hand has tons and tons of games that do interest and excite me. But to each their own.

Edited on by paburrows

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

RYBlast

People don't understand the market. Just because Nintendo made one weak console does NOT mean that all their consoles are weak. The economy has no room for a super powerhouse console like the PS3 was in '06, so don't expect the 720 and PS4 to have super photo-realistic graphics that are about 50 times better than their predecessors. The Wii U will certainly be weaker than its competitors, but it won't be as behind as the Wii was.

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

Hokori

watch as the PS4 turns out to be 8-bit

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Colors

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Their consoles are more advanced, the Wii U is just now catching up in the HD category while the 720 and PS4 will probably be another step ahead. And yet they will all be grouped in the same generation.

Hard to tell if your trolling or not. If you are, then what you said is stupid. If not, ignore this post.

How is that true? Has he gone to the future to see whether or not the PS4 and the 720 are more powerful than the Wii U? I'm not blind, just being logical.

I am acting logically. If you took the time to read my comment thoroughly, you would've noticed the word "probably".
And it is logical to think that. The PS3 and 360 were more powerful than the Wii. The Vita is more powerful than the 3DS. The PS2 was more powerful than the GCN. Think, fanboy, think.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

theblackdragon

we can either chill and stop insulting each other, or i can lock the thread. the choice is y'all's.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

JayArr

Sony has been stating repeatedly that they plan on maintaining long life for the PS3 since it launched. It still seems too early for them to move on.

Also, with the Vita floundering in Japan I expect them to make a full on Vita in the front push at this years E3 to help bolster sales. Dropping the P4 bomb would only hurt that.

Edited on by JayArr

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Spoony_Tech

GLaDOS wrote:

The PS2 was more powerful than the GCN.

Sorry but the last Gen went in this order as far as power went Xbox Cube and last was PlayStation 2. Popularity went ps2 Xbox cube but not power!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Fuzzy

JayArr wrote:

Also, with the Vita floundering in Japan I expect them to make a full on Vita in the front push at this years E3 to help bolster sales. Dropping the P4 bomb would only hurt that.

Probably working with Capcom to drop another MH bomb.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Freeon-Leon

GLaDOS wrote:

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

I am acting logically. If you took the time to read my comment thoroughly, you would've noticed the word "probably".
And it is logical to think that. The PS3 and 360 were more powerful than the Wii. The Vita is more powerful than the 3DS. The PS2 was more powerful than the GCN. Think, fanboy, think.

Hmmm... I just want to ask something... Do you think changing to a new generation only involves power? Yes, the next Xbox and the PS4 are going to be stronger than the Wii U, but maybe that's it. I prefer some innovation instead.

However, the 3 of them can be considered as 8th generation consoles

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

kkslider5552000

a bit tl;dr but did anyone else wonder how exactly he got to this percentage? Does he some sort of brilliant equation that determined that there is in fact 0% chance of this happening?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CorporalPegasus

Well they wanted it to stay 10 years, so it makes sense...

IGOR!

LordTendoboy

I really really hate statements like this:

Sony, which debuted its PS Vita at E3 2011 and will have the device at CES 2012, has stated that its PlayStation 3 console will have a 10-year life cycle – something it’s replicating with the PS Vita.

This "10-year lifecycle" doesn't mean there won't be a new system for 10 years. It simply means that Sony will continue supporting their older systems while a new system is out.

Example:

• PS2 was released in 2000
  • PS3 was released in 2006
  • Sony still manufactures the PS2, while most of it's new software comes from 3rd-party publishers.

TL;DR -
The PS1 was around for a few years after the PS2 was released.
The PS2 is still around 5 years after the PS3 launched.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

stromboli

paburrows wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Lets not forget that the first console to die was the Wii, the other two are quite alive and with many games in the batch for the next two months, it was Nintendo the one forced to launch something new and able to compete with MS and Sony and not the opposite. Lets see what happens with Wii users during what is going to be an almost empty of games year, and even after WiiU launch the scene will not be much better, PS3/XBoX with hundreds of HD games and WiiU with one or two (or none). The premature death of the Wii will have many Wii users moving to Sony or MS during this year for sure.

Flawed logic for sure considering Wii sold like hotcakes over Christmas. I'm not sure what you mean by "premature death" considering most consoles last about 5 years anyway

Yeah even if the Wii didn't have any new games, I would still not buy a PS 4 or X-Box.

LOL. Yes. Wii wasn't the first one to "die". Nintendo can release more games like Super Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword, and sell the Wii for a long time, but they're choosing to open a new era with the tablet controller, and want to do the all HD. They can continue to release some games for Wii like they're doing with the DS. Even if they don't it will still sell with its huge library, and with Wii Fit and the Just Dances obviously. I doubt PS3 will ever outsell the Wii even if the Wii sells no more units from this point. Incidentally, I do think that a New Wii Fit title should be a launch title for the Wii U.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

LordTendoboy

paburrows wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@paburrows

why not?1

No interest whatsoever, PS and X_Box have never come out with one single game that has interested me. I hate ultra realism, but besides that their game subjects just don't appeal to me. Nothing against those systems, its just they have nothing to offer me. Nintendo on the other hand has tons and tons of games that do interest and excite me. But to each their own.

Here's some games you can try:

Loco Roco (PSP)
Patapon (PSP)
Ratchet and Clank (PS2, PS3, PSP)
Kinect Sports (Xbox 360)

All these games are colorful, unique, and completely unlike all those realistic shooters and action games.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

paburrows

LordTendoboy wrote:

paburrows wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@paburrows

why not?1

Here's some games you can try:

Loco Roco (PSP)
Patapon (PSP)
Ratchet and Clank (PS2, PS3, PSP)
Kinect Sports (Xbox 360)

All these games are colorful, unique, and completely unlike all those realistic shooters and action games.

I've seen the Kinect games and have no interest in them some of the others seem interesting, but I'm not going to pay the outragious price of those systems.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.