Forums

Topic: Zero Percent Chance Sony Will Show PlayStation 4 At E3 2012

Posts 1 to 20 of 55

paburrows

This is taken from Forbes.com
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/01/06/zero-perc...

Zero Percent Chance Sony Will Show PlayStation 4 At E3 2012

There’s been a lot of Internet buzz of late regarding an MCV story that states that both Sony and Microsoft will show off PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox at E3 2012 this June in Los Angeles. But according to videogame analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan Securities, that’s not going to happen.

“I think there’s zero chance of a tease from Sony for PlayStation 4 and only a 20 percent chance from Microsoft that they’ll tease the next Xbox,” said Pachter. “Neither console is launching in 2013, so there’s no reason to tease them in 2012.”

Even Nintendo, which is launching its HD Wii U later this year, waited until E3 2011 to show off the device. Nintendo will also have the new console at CES 2012 in Las Vegas January 10-13.

Of the big three, Nintendo is slated to lock in more launch details for its Wii U device, which is expected to offer game developers the ability to offer apps for both the console and the wireless tablet controller through a Nintendo App Store.

Sony, which debuted its PS Vita at E3 2011 and will have the device at CES 2012, has stated that its PlayStation 3 console will have a 10-year life cycle – something it’s replicating with the PS Vita. Sony has been able to keep the PS3 relevant through firmware upgrades that have included 3D functionality and other features. With no launch expected for PlayStation 4 for at least two years, announcing a new console in June while the company is still pushing PS3 games and hardware doesn’t make much sense. After all, gamers know it’s coming.

Microsoft has been riding a high with its Xbox 360. The year that has been targeted by several developers for the launch of its next console (which I hope won’t be called Xbox 720), is 2014. Teasing a device that’s still two years away, and likely wouldn’t have any games available for it by E3, makes little sense. Again, gamers know it’s coming. And Microsoft is still marketing its 360 and Kinect.

While Nintendo’s upgrade to HD graphics (finally) will put its console more in a direct competitive role against Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has always done things its own way. And what does Sony and Microsoft have to gain by teasing their next consoles. Gamers who want a new console will have only the Wii U as a choice this year. And many of those gamers will likely pick up a PS4 and/or the next Xbox when those devices launch in a couple of years.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

Mr_Trill_281

sony fear wii u...

"Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets, 5x Dallas Cowboys, 1x Houston Astros, Texas A&M Aggies".

shingi_70

other gaming bro

thought this was common sense.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamesake

Sony is waiting for more info on the Wii U and Nextbox. They have to wait and see what everyone else is doing before they can copy them.

...in my pants.

Jani-Koblaney

Gamesake wrote:

Sony is waiting for more info on the Wii U and Nextbox. They have to wait and see what everyone else is doing before they can copy them.

Typical sony...

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

shingi_70

Sony has to wait. they can't afford to **** this up. The company is losing tons of money and it would be smarter to nurse the vita too good health like ninrtendo did with the 3ds.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Mandoble

Lets not forget that the first console to die was the Wii, the other two are quite alive and with many games in the batch for the next two months, it was Nintendo the one forced to launch something new and able to compete with MS and Sony and not the opposite. Lets see what happens with Wii users during what is going to be an almost empty of games year, and even after WiiU launch the scene will not be much better, PS3/XBoX with hundreds of HD games and WiiU with one or two (or none). The premature death of the Wii will have many Wii users moving to Sony or MS during this year for sure.

Mandoble

LzWinky

Mandoble wrote:

Lets not forget that the first console to die was the Wii, the other two are quite alive and with many games in the batch for the next two months, it was Nintendo the one forced to launch something new and able to compete with MS and Sony and not the opposite. Lets see what happens with Wii users during what is going to be an almost empty of games year, and even after WiiU launch the scene will not be much better, PS3/XBoX with hundreds of HD games and WiiU with one or two (or none). The premature death of the Wii will have many Wii users moving to Sony or MS during this year for sure.

Flawed logic for sure considering Wii sold like hotcakes over Christmas. I'm not sure what you mean by "premature death" considering most consoles last about 5 years anyway

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

paburrows

Lordlz wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Flawed logic for sure considering Wii sold like hotcakes over Christmas. I'm not sure what you mean by "premature death" considering most consoles last about 5 years anyway

Yeah even if the Wii didn't have any new games, I would still not buy a PS 4 or X-Box.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

shingi_70

@paburrows

why not?1

WAT!

Vincent294

Wii's lasted a long time. Me? A PS3 or Xbox 360? Wii U all the way. You're wrong.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

LordJumpMad

No need to
PS3 is already better then the Wii U

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Nice opinion Jump Pad.

This topic doesn't make sense. When E3 is over we will see if the PS4 has been uncovered or not.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Colors

LordJumpMad wrote:

No need to

This
I think Nintendo is a generation behind Microsoft and Sony.
Their consoles are more advanced, the Wii U is just now catching up in the HD category while the 720 and PS4 will probably be another step ahead. And yet they will all be grouped in the same generation.
Ninty fanboys and their unwavering blindness

Edited on by Colors

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

LzWinky

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

No need to

This
Their consoles are more advanced, the Wii U is just now catching up in the HD category while the 720 and PS4 will probably be another step ahead. And yet they will all be grouped in the same generation.

And they know video game history. The consoles with the best tech never win the generation, therefore Wii U is a definite winner!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IAmNotWill

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Hard to tell if your trolling or not. If you are, then what you said is stupid. If not, ignore this post.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

zezhyrule

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Hard to tell if your trolling or not. If you are, then what you said is stupid. If not, ignore this post.

...everything he said was true though...?

Talk about blind fanboys.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Colors

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Trolling? Like zez said, those weren't apoinions, those were facts. Except maybe that last part.... Nah, that's also fact.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.