Forums

Topic: Zelda Wii U 2014

Posts 61 to 67 of 67

DudeSean

I'm not talking about just any technology company partnering with another. I'm talking specifically about Nintendo and sony. And apparently the facts do support my opinion, because there is no evidence that Nintendo has given sony any money for any parts, just like I said.

Edited on by theblackdragon

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Bankai

Let's look specifically at what you said:

Why on earth would Nintendo give sony, their competition, money?

Sony is not competition for Nintendo in components because Nintendo does not have a components business. This is how businesses work. Divisions operate independently to one another - they're like little businesses within one larger group.

And then some divisions will work with outside companies that are competitors to other division. This is incredibly common place - as I pointed out Sony and Microsoft are partners, as well as competitors.

I don't know where Nintendo sources its components from, but neither do you. The assumption that there is no way that Nintendo would partner with Sony for components based on the two companies being "competitors" is wrong. Flat out wrong. Nintendo would source components from Sony if it needed those components. Perhaps Sony had a patent on a component that Nintendo needed. Perhaps Sony undercut the competition to offer it cheapest. Whatever the reason the assumption that Nintendo would not deal with Sony under any circumstances - your assumption - is flatly incorrect.

And for the record my first post was perfectly civil.

skywake

DudeSean wrote:

I'm not talking about just any technology company partnering with another. I'm talking specifically about Nintendo and sony. And apparently the facts do support my opinion, because there is no evidence that Nintendo has given sony any money for any parts, just like I said.

I didn't say that they were or that they would I just said there was a good chance of it. There is no reason why they wouldn't if the price was decent and it wouldn't be a mind-blowing move if they did. If IBM entered the console business would Sony, MS and Nintendo start using AMD/Intel CPUs? No, they wouldn't.

The iPad has a whole pile of Samsung components but that doesn't stop them competing with each other at retail. There is no reason why Nintendo wouldn't put Sony components in its products if the price is good.

Oh, and the Wii U has a HDMI port on the back does it not? It's not Display Port or DVI with some sort of analogue audio component on the side? Well they're giving Sony as much cash for that as they would if they made the Wii U Blu-Ray capable or put a SPDIF port on the back. So there you go.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DudeSean

Well, perhaps my reasoning is wrong. But the fact remains that my original opinion is still not proven wrong. Which, even if it is, it was still just an opinion. I never touted it as a fact or wrongfully spoke on any else's behalf.

@skywake Why does Nintendo have to give sony money for having an HDMI port?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

skywake

@DudeSean
Blu-Ray was developed by Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung
HDMi was developed by Hitachi, Matsushita Electric Industrial (Panasonic/National/Quasar), Philips, Silicon Image, Sony, Thomson and Toshiba

So it's stupid for people to say "zomg Blu-Ray" and not "zomg HDMI" at the same time.

Also the fact that nobody can prove that Sony has made some of the components in the Wii U doesn't make you right. The fact is nobody knows what components the Wii U uses or will use over it's lifetime outside of maybe an IBM CPU and maybe an AMD GPU. Right now you are just weaselling your way out of what you said before. The fact is Nintendo could well use Sony components in their products and there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't if Sony had a good deal on one of those components.

If they don't then it'll be for the same reason why most other products don't use Sony components. If you take apart an ASUS laptop and find nothing in it by Sony you won't be that surprised..... but the reason for it isn't because ASUS compete with Sony on laptops because you'll almost surely find Samsung parts in there.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Void

I think this thread needs to be moved to 'general discussion,' along with it's name changed to 'Why would Nintendo give Sony money?' and then we can all come up with weird reasons they would, and the <s>argument</s> discussion you gentlemen are having wouldn't be off topic, either.

"You find spam. You report spam. Everybody be happy."

-James

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

theblackdragon

There we are, argument over. Thanks, Link-Hero!

I think we're all aware that the source for this thread is somewhat iffy, and the thread topic itself is pretty vague anyway, so now that the above has been settled, let's move on, shall we? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.