Forums

Topic: Zelda U will be 4 year in delepment in 2014

Posts 81 to 100 of 102

DudeSean

@JohnRedcorn I never said Nintendo would reveal the game before E3. I think E3 is a perfect place to reveal the game. Just because you can't think of any other time when a big game was revealed at E3 and then released a few months later does not mean that it won't happen this time. You can assume, but that's not the same as knowing.

As for my reasons why I believe it is possible that Zelda U could come out this year, read my previous posts. I've already explained why.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

skywake

CanisWolfred wrote:

We don't even have a Trailer. Not even a teaser one. This isn't Wonderful 101, this is Freakin' Zelda! If there was something to show, they would show it. But they haven't, so obviously development is a long ways away. Like, we're talking years. Zelda development might take a while, but Nintendo still tries to hype them up long in advance.

I'd argue that Mario is their bigger franchise and we didn't get any word of 3D World until the January of the year it came out. The name of it and first trailer wasn't shown 'till June last year. The game came out in November. So it wouldn't be the first time. Worth also noting that A Link Between Worlds was just something they brought up in April last year.

I really don't think time is that big a deal. They have made a bit of a habit of only telling us about stuffs 6-18 months in advance of release. So while I personally don't think we'll see Zelda this year I don't think the "there's nothing out yet" factor is the reason for it. The only Nintendo thing not out yet that had a trailer this time last year is X, correct me if I'm wrong I don't think there's anything else. I personally think it's more a case of them probably wanting to have a bit more time on it. I'm also just setting my expectations low because I'd really, really want to see a new Zelda this year

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rbmoura85

Nothing of what i have to show will prove that Zelda U will come this year, but my point is just that its not inconceivable...

Instead of developing Skyward Sword around cutscenes, the team focused on the gameplay mechanics first.[33] The game was intended to correct the flaw of too big and vacant areas in Twilight Princess, while maintaining and improving on the realism it portrayed.[31][34][35] Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed plans to release the game by the end of 2010,[36] and mentioned that it would debut at E3 2010. (wikipedia) (proves that nintendo doesnt thing is wrong to showcase a zelda game for the first time and release it the same year)

At E3 2010, during a roundtable that we live-blogged, Miyamoto mentioned that the game was in its final stretch, with just some dungeons to create. Skyward Sword's gameplay was solid, but final touches would push the game into 2011. In fact, according to Miyamoto in June, Skyward Sword would have been complete had it used the Twilight Princess visual style. The switch to a more exaggerated, colorful look caused a ripple effect that lead to the delays. (ign)

Fujibayashi That's difficult. I'm thinking about the next game, too, and I feel like the hurdle is really high. Aonuma But there is a lot left that we didn't do this time. Iwata You have limited time and people, so there's bound to be something left over. But five years is a long time. (laughs) Can't you do it in three years next time? Aonuma Sorry! You're right! (laughs wryly) Fujibayashi Sorry, I'll think of something that can happen in three years! (iwata asks)

By the end of 2014, it will be three years since the release of Skyward Sword.

Edited on by rbmoura85

rbmoura85

Howard24U

I think Nintendo has to push for a release of Zelda by the end of next year, I think that will become an imperative for them. If they don't fan the flame now, it may just die out. Nintendo needs to make 2014 a blockbuster year to try and move consoles. If they fail this year, it's not going to bode well for the life of the Wii U.

I think a lot of people are making more out of Hyrule Warriors than they should be. I honestly don't expect it to sell well outside of Japan, maybe it will move 250k or so in the US. It has so little to do with true Zelda games, I just don't see the appeal myself. With that said, I really doubt the release of that game will have any bearing on when we see a true Zelda U.

Howard24U

CanisWolfred

skywake wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

We don't even have a Trailer. Not even a teaser one. This isn't Wonderful 101, this is Freakin' Zelda! If there was something to show, they would show it. But they haven't, so obviously development is a long ways away. Like, we're talking years. Zelda development might take a while, but Nintendo still tries to hype them up long in advance.

I'd argue that Mario is their bigger franchise and we didn't get any word of 3D World until the January of the year it came out. The name of it and first trailer wasn't shown 'till June last year. The game came out in November. So it wouldn't be the first time. Worth also noting that A Link Between Worlds was just something they brought up in April last year.

I really don't think time is that big a deal. They have made a bit of a habit of only telling us about stuffs 6-18 months in advance of release. So while I personally don't think we'll see Zelda this year I don't think the "there's nothing out yet" factor is the reason for it. The only Nintendo thing not out yet that had a trailer this time last year is X, correct me if I'm wrong I don't think there's anything else. I personally think it's more a case of them probably wanting to have a bit more time on it. I'm also just setting my expectations low because I'd really, really want to see a new Zelda this year

Zelda games tend to be bigger in size, and again, with Console Zeldas, Nintendo always announces it ahead of time. I don't recall knowing about Minish Cap Years ahead of time, but I was following Twilight Princess for years. I'd actually be worried Nintendo was rushing things if it came out this year, too, since HD games probably take a bit longer to make (or rather require more manpower, but Nintendo's new at this), at least from what I've seen and heard. Plus, with X you've already proven that Nintendo is willing to announce grand-scale games ahead of time. We've known about this game for how long now? Sure, we've only seen two trailers, but that's more than we've seen of Zelda.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Legendary

I'm sure we'll have MM3DS no later than next year. I'm hoping it'll be a surprise reveal for this year, but that's a lot of Zelda for them in 12 months, despite outsourcing to Grezzo. As for Zelda WIi U, I think it'll more than likely be next Fall (2015,) but it's not impossible for this year. I just hope the urgency doesn't cause them to rush it.

Legendary

LzWinky

Lately Nintendo has been conservative with the amount of time between announcements prior to release. Heck, Pokemon was announced for ALL regions the same year it was released

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed off Zelda at e3 and still release it this holiday

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Howard24U

Unca_Lz wrote:

Lately Nintendo has been conservative with the amount of time between announcements prior to release. Heck, Pokemon was announced for ALL regions the same year it was released

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed off Zelda at e3 and still release it this holiday

I think this is the way games should be announced/released. The hype train doesn't last forever. If you show a game and then wait 18 months to release it, all that publicity and all that excitement about the reveal is long gone. Also, the longer you wait to reveal the game the less likely you are to have numerous delays that just end up disillusioning the fan base.

Apple reveals a new iPhone and has it up for pre-order that day, and physically releases it like 2 weeks later. Because of this they sell millions of devices right out of the gate. Not a bad business model to copy...

Howard24U

CanisWolfred

But what if you constantly feul the hype train? That's what Nintendo used to do - announce things way in advance, then periodically release new info up until release. Trust me, it's way harder to get hyped for something when you don't know much about it. If you can keep the game in people's concousness, and give people plenty to talk about, they'll just be more excited. Not only that, but the fans might go around telling people all about it, and get other people hyped for it. The key is to keep releasing new info, though. Lately, Nintendo doesn't like to do that outside of Smash Bros, and I think it's only hurting them.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Yeah, I think half of the hype for Pikmin 3 came after the release of Pikmin 3, it's really weird. Or the fact that 3D World wasn't shown to be not boring until like a month or two before release.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Howard24U

CanisWolfred wrote:

But what if you constantly feul the hype train? That's what Nintendo used to do - announce things way in advance, then periodically release new info up until release. Trust me, it's way harder to get hyped for something when you don't know much about it. If you can keep the game in people's concousness, and give people plenty to talk about, they'll just be more excited. Not only that, but the fans might go around telling people all about it, and get other people hyped for it. The key is to keep releasing new info, though. Lately, Nintendo doesn't like to do that outside of Smash Bros, and I think it's only hurting them.

Think of how the Nintendo user base would respond if at E3, after 3 years of hearing NOTHING about a Zelda game, we saw a detailed 2-3 minute trailer for a new Zelda game with nearly finished graphics and gameplay. Then during the same presentation, they announced a firm released date and that the game and a system bundle were both going to be available for pre-order that day. I guarantee that you would have a lot of people putting in orders right then and there.

As far as keeping the hype train going, using DKTF as an example, would you classify revealing a new character a way of fueling the hype? I look at details like that and say, "OK...great, so what". The interest you can create by releasing incremental bits of information is nowhere near the hype surrounding an initial reveal.

Howard24U

MikeLove

Howard24U wrote:

The interest you can create by releasing incremental bits of information is nowhere near the hype surrounding an initial reveal.

Except when you recall the recent case of SM3DW, where upon the initial reveal almost everyone hated it and was disappointed. Then months later new trailers and info came out and the hype level was raised greatly. This will also be the case with "X" I imagine. You don't think when that game gets its "full" reveal in the coming months, that the reaction won't be greater than it was for the initial teaser trailer?

Laying it all on the table at once is too much to absorb, especially in regards to a major game. Its better to leak the info over many months to keep hype and discussion going instead of showing a ton of stuff in a 2 min video and saying "here it is!"

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

kkslider5552000

Howard24U wrote:

Think of how the Nintendo user base would respond if at E3, after 3 years of hearing NOTHING about a Zelda game, we saw a detailed 2-3 minute trailer for a new Zelda game with nearly finished graphics and gameplay.

You do realize Wii U needs to appeal to people other than people who already buy Nintendo right? Most of the new IPs that have actually been major successes have had a ton of hype, either from a year+ of the company hyping it or word of mouth.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

AJ_Lethal

Hype depends in 2 things: timing and info. Too much or too little info can slow the hype train down. Same with the timing.

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'd rather them not be like Square Enix. At least Nintendo doesn't announce games years in advance

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

But Nintendo did announce games years in advance up until last year. X was announced this time this year and still doesn't even have a tentative date, and every other console Zelda since Majora's Mask was announced years in advance. Super Mario Galaxy was announced years in advance. Super Smash Bros. Brawl was announced years in advance. That's the problem: They did it before, and it worked. Why aren't they doing it now?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MikeLove

CanisWolfred wrote:

But Nintendo did announce games years in advance up until last year. X was announced this time this year and still doesn't even have a tentative date, and every other console Zelda since Majora's Mask was announced years in advance. Super Mario Galaxy was announced years in advance. Super Smash Bros. Brawl was announced years in advance. That's the problem: They did it before, and it worked. Why aren't they doing it now?

It used to happen a lot more back in the 1990's as well, but that was probably to provide content for Nintendo Power and sell issues.

MikeLove

skywake

CanisWolfred wrote:

Zelda games tend to be bigger in size, and again, with Console Zeldas, Nintendo always announces it ahead of time. I don't recall knowing about Minish Cap Years ahead of time, but I was following Twilight Princess for years. I'd actually be worried Nintendo was rushing things if it came out this year, too, since HD games probably take a bit longer to make (or rather require more manpower, but Nintendo's new at this), at least from what I've seen and heard. Plus, with X you've already proven that Nintendo is willing to announce grand-scale games ahead of time. We've known about this game for how long now? Sure, we've only seen two trailers, but that's more than we've seen of Zelda.

Well set the timeframe as between 2008 and now because 2007 was when they last both aligned. Since then the Zelda team has made four Zeldas and the "3D Mario" team has made three Marios and two side projects. There are more Marios overall but that's because they have a second team who made all of the NSMB games (three in that time period) as well as handling all of the Pikmin games. So I don't think the gap in development time is really that much of a big deal. The gap is more about being able to capitalise on hype over a longer period weighed against the risk of overburning it. If you announce too early people are over the game before its out.

Now personally I don't think they will release a new Zelda this year and I do think they'll tease with a trailer first. I just don't think it's that easy to say either way with the sort of things Nintendo has been doing with announcements lately.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.