Forums

Topic: Zelda U will be 4 year in delepment in 2014

Posts 61 to 80 of 102

LzWinky

2011 saw the release of Link's Awakening VC, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Skyward Sword

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

Unca_Lz wrote:

2011 saw the release of Link's Awakening VC, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Skyward Sword

A bunch of rereleases and a new game.

I really don't think rereleases count at all.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DudeSean

Moorpheel wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think the point is that Nintendo's not afraid to overdo Zelda releases in one year. Between Zelda U and Hyrule Warriors, that's only two releases in one year. Clearly that's not too many. And I think Hyrule Warriors will likely be a summer release and Zelda U a holiday release, so that's still roughly six months difference.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

MikeLove

DudeSean wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think the point is that Nintendo's not afraid to overdo Zelda releases in one year. Between Zelda U and Hyrule Warriors, that's only two releases in one year. Clearly that's not too many. And I think Hyrule Warriors will likely be a summer release and Zelda U a holiday release, so that's still roughly six months difference.

Two console releases in 2014, but going back, more like three potential console releases in 12-15 months. Not happening.

I really cannot believe that anyone honestly thinks Zelda-U will be out before the end of this year.

MikeLove

DudeSean

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Two console releases in 2014, but going back, more like three potential console releases in 12-15 months. Not happening.

I really cannot believe that anyone honestly thinks Zelda-U will be out before the end of this year.

You have no right to say whether it is or is not happening.

There is plenty of evidence in this thread that there are people who honestly believe that it is possible that Zelda U could release this year. To deny that is ignorant. It seems your beliefs are set in stone which is never a good thing. You should always be willing to admit there's a possibilty that you're wrong. Noone here is saying that Zelda U is releasing this year for a fact, but just that it's possible. If you disagree, that is fine, but it's laughable to speak as though your opinion is fact.

DudeSean

LzWinky

Wut? 3 possible console releases? Is there a third one?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

Unca_Lz wrote:

presumably he means that they would both come out less than a year after ALBW.

That would be a terrible idea, for the record. I mean, the only reason I'm ok with the seemingly annual release thing is because all 3 seem like they'll be different from each other (unlike that other Nintendo series) and one of them is essentially a spinoff game, let's not ruin that with rushed development.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

turtlelink

Let's not forget that Hyrule Warriors is just going to be a Dynasty Warriors reskin so you can't even compare it to the main series titles.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

GuSolarFlare

turtlelink wrote:

Let's not forget that Hyrule Warriors is just going to be a Dynasty Warriors reskin so you can't even compare it to the main series titles.

and that's why it would fall flat in sales and disappear as if didn't ever happen in case Zelda U releases any time close to it.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

MikeLove

Unca_Lz wrote:

I mean Windwaker HD, Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U all being released within a 12-15 month period on the same console.

MikeLove

MikeLove

DudeSean wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

You have no right to say whether it is or is not happening.

I'm not saying its not, common sense is.

Untitled

MikeLove

DudeSean

lol. So your opinion is common sense? That's funny.

DudeSean

-Juice-

@JohnRedcorn Then we're obviously using a superior intellect compared to your "common sense". Much knowledge often leads to indecision. It is better to expect all possibilities than just one.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

CanisWolfred

We don't even have a Trailer. Not even a teaser one. This isn't Wonderful 101, this is Freakin' Zelda! If there was something to show, they would show it. But they haven't, so obviously development is a long ways away. Like, we're talking years. Zelda development might take a while, but Nintendo still tries to hype them up long in advance.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Monkeido

CanisWolfred wrote:

We don't even have a Trailer. Not even a teaser one. This isn't Wonderful 101, this is Freakin' Zelda! If there was something to show, they would show it. But they haven't, so obviously development is a long ways away. Like, we're talking years. Zelda development might take a while, but Nintendo still tries to hype them up long in advance.

That doesn't mean years. It's very plausible Nintendo shows it at the E3 and releases it during the Christmas period or somewhere early 2015.

Monkeido

DudeSean

Atariboy wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

And I don't see how Zelda U would kill Hyrule Warriors. Do you forget that Nintendo's games are "evergreen" titles? And it's kind of insulting to insinuate that Zelda fans can't afford more than one game within a year.

Stop being so over dramatic.

You obviously oblivious to this, but they invest millions in a marketing department for a reason and one of their major task is pinning down the release dates for major projects to maximize the sales opportunities of a particular game. You don't have to like it, heck you don't have to understand it, but it's there.

There's that insulting tone, again.

Where was this marketing department when Nintendo released New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U within 4 months of each other?

DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

Monkeh wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

That doesn't mean years. It's very plausible Nintendo shows it at the E3 and releases it during the Christmas period or somewhere early 2015.

They said they almost unveiled Zelda U at E3 2013. That confirms that they have something to show.

Type: "Nintendo almost showed Zelda at E3" into Google.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DudeSean

Atariboy wrote:

But they're near single handily keeping the 3DS afloat so they weren't about to delay a major release for that just because Nintendo's sole major launch title on a new console was in the same franchise.

Sort of like how, Nintendo maybe shouldn't delay Zelda U because they need to boost Wii U console sales even though Hyrule Warriors is also coming out in the same year?

I mean, just imagine how good Nintendo would have it if they release Mario Kart, Smash Bros and two Zelda games all in one fiscal year.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

MikeLove

DudeSean wrote:

lol. So your opinion is common sense? That's funny.

Ok, then tell me why YOU think Zelda-U will be released in 2014? I will tell you why it's not.

A brand new, mainline console Zelda title is always the crown jewel of Nintendo. It's arguably the most prestigious title they have.

There is no chance in hell they will debut this game before E3 (they may acknowledge its existence, but they won't show any trailers) as it's the biggest and most important "reveal" they could make at that show. It could give anything shown on the PS4/Xbox a run for its money, and could help turn the tide for Nintendo and steal some headlines. This E3 could be the most important in the history of Nintendo. They need to do something BIG to show the Wii-U off. They aren't going to waste a Zelda-U debut trailer on a Nintendo Direct in February. Hopefully they learned their lesson from last E3 where they showed off games which we had already known about for a year (aside from the major letdown that was DKC).

Now that this logical thought process has been explained, on to the next part...

Why would Nintendo show the game at E3 in June, and then say "Oh ya, the game will be out in five months"? They wouldn't. In fact, I can't think of a single major franchise title like that (Mario, GTA, Halo, etc) which has first made its debut at E3 and been released just a couple of months after. Nintendo will milk the hype for all they can. They won't just drop it in peoples laps and say "here it is!"

Ok, now please explain to me why you think a major title like Zelda-U, which we haven't seen yet and know absolutely nothing about, will be in our hands within 10 months even though Nintendo is already showing a pretty full schedule of first and second party titles this year?

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

CanisWolfred

Monkeh wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

No. Even if they did have something to show, as Atariboy stated, they'd still have years to go, because Nintendo always shows off Zelda early.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.