Forums

Topic: Zelda U will be 4 year in delepment in 2014

Posts 41 to 60 of 102

DudeSean

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Zelda Dynasty Warriors is coming out this year isn't it? Zelda U isn't coming out this year.

Seeing as how one doesn't have to do with other (development-wise) I see no reason why that would have to be true. Right now Nintendo needs to increase software for Wii U with games that sell the most (i.e. Mario and Zelda).

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Gamecubed

My money is still on a 2015 release. They might be putting the final prime and polish on the game this year. I'm not feeling like a 2014 release is possible.
I think Hyrule Warriors is supposed to hold us over.

Nonetheless, I'm very excited about this game and I can't wait until E3. Whatever they choose to do, it will be for the best.

Gamecubed

luisesteban

They don't need to release the game this year, but in E3 they must show a peek almost.

luisesteban

DudeSean

@Atariboy I strongly disagree. Just because Nintendo has historically revealed their Zelda games a year in advance does not at all mean that will be the case again. That video @skywake posted is from a year ago and Aonuma seems pretty close to ready to talk about it. I'm sure Nintendo wants to build hype closer to the release. The game has probably already been delayed, but since they never officially announced it's not an official delay. I think a holiday 2014 release is a safe bet following a reveal at E3. Nintendo has almost always aimed for a holiday release for their Zelda games but they usually end up being delayed then released shortly after. Perhaps they'll finally be able to get that holiday release this year.

@skywake It sounds like Zelda U will take a similar approach as ALBW with some choices between which order to beat levels in and an open world, instead of slowly unlocking the world piece by piece. I wonder how they'll handle the inventory situation. Whether you'll have to find them or buy them. In any case, it should be quite interesting.

DudeSean

DudeSean

I think at this point Nintendo wants to release as much Mario and Zelda as they can for the Wii U. Those are their heavy hitters. And, again, that video posted above is from a year ago with Aonuma speaking as if he's close to ready to reveal the game. Holiday 2014 will be almost two years after that video. Seems very likely that it will get a release this year.

And, yeah. I was wrong about the delays of previous Zelda games.

DudeSean

JetForceSetGrind

Good things take time. If it gets pushed back into 2015 for polish, so be it.

JetForceSetGrind

Eel

64supermario wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Of course it does. It is not a direct part of Zelda U, but asset creation and engine development are a huge part of the development cycle.

Well for all we know it could just be like Space World to Wind Waker and look completely different. As for engine, I don't know much about the one they used for the tech demo. I know there was no actual gameplay for it so I wonder what the fleshed out version will have in-stored.

I think some hackers found various files and textures still in the original Wind Waker that looked suspiciously like the settings in the Space World video and other old trailers of Wind Waker, so it is very possible that these early concept videos do contain useful information.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

skywake

Just look at the development cycle for Skyward Sword. At E3 2008 it was talked about a little bit behind closed doors as something they were "starting to think about". E3 2009 it was thought they might be far enough along for trailer but instead they just had a poster and in that same year they got Spirit Tracks out the door. They had then said it was planned to be released in 2010 and the official reveal would be at E3 2010. Then it was pushed back to 2011 as they struggled to work out if it would use full motion controls and have an orchestrated soundtrack or not.

In direct comparison we know that they probably started work on the next Zelda back in 2012. We also know that last year they were starting to really tease us about how far along they were so, I would argue, last year was the new Zelda's version of Skyward Sword's 2009. So this year is their 2010, they'll probably aim to be out this year but they probably won't make it. We can at least be happy that we'll likely start to see more info about it this year.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

I will say Wii U's struggles do a lot to justify my idea of having a trilogy of sorts. Mainly because they could re-use assets from the game so the next console game comes out in less than 4 years. At the very least I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Majora's Mask at some point.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rbmoura85

Well, lets see...

Things pointing to a possible 2014 release: as i said before, skyward was release a full year after it was ready, making the main zelda team available to work in zelda u at least from 2010. And i highly doubt nintendo would jeopardize the production of one of theirs most important games, to move resources for hd remakes and portable sequels that reutilize a lot of prevoius games. The fact that Aonuma didnt direct skyward also points to nintendo being worried with how much time it would take to make zelda u, thus leaving him free to dedicate himself to the game.
Using previous marketing and release strategys by nintendo as reference to how and when they will reveal zelda u is dificult because ever since they skiped e3 and started the nintendo directs, their behave became umpredicable, with the reveal of games just few months prior to release date... and i think that being unpredicable is exactly what they want. They want people to feel like at anytime a surprise can come out of them, and i also suspect 2014 to be a wiiu kind of rebirth

So, if this nintendo conference turns out to be true, i would expect zelda u, miyamotos new ip, announcement of better third party support and other things from it...we only know whats coming this year for wiiu and they certainly have a lot of curve balls to throw at us...afterall, who could predict Hyrule Warriors?

rbmoura85

rbmoura85

Things pointing to a 2015 release: Hyrule warriors is coming this year and would be strange to have two zelda titles in the same year, even tough we had NSMB U, S Luigi U and SM 3D W, plus 3DS mario titles, all last year...

Well, i dont know...about the next game be part of a trilogy, that could happen if Skyward was the start of the trilogy, with the next game focusing on the surface of hyrule and possible gannondorf origin story...then we could have another zelda for wii u a few years from now, as a matter of profiting more from all the investment made into this new engine

rbmoura85

jump

rbmoura85 wrote:

Things pointing to a 2015 release: Hyrule warriors is coming this year and would be strange to have two zelda titles in the same year, even tough we had NSMB U, S Luigi U and SM 3D W, plus 3DS mario titles, all last year...

Wind Waker HD and A Link Between Worlds were just released the same year tho

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GuSolarFlare

arronishere wrote:

rbmoura85 wrote:

Wind Waker HD and A Link Between Worlds were just released the same year tho

yeah but there's been no two zeldas in the same console in the same year as far as I know and Zelda U would pretty much kill Hyrule Warriors(at least in the west) if both released in the same year

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

jump

GuSilverFlame wrote:

yeah but there's been no two zeldas in the same console in the same year as far as I know and Zelda U would pretty much kill Hyrule Warriors(at least in the west) if both released in the same year

Well it's a spin off and on that basis Mario games wouldn't have so many titles released every year. I could argue the Tingle spin off games were released the same year as the DS Zelda titles but I doubt Ninty will go "we can't release so many games in the same year" when there's a shortage of games on the Wii U.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

JoyBoy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I will say Wii U's struggles do a lot to justify my idea of having a trilogy of sorts. Mainly because they could re-use assets from the game so the next console game comes out in less than 4 years. At the very least I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Majora's Mask at some point.

Yes, I hope this happens. And pikmin 4 pls.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

jump

Atariboy wrote:

IAlthough I think you'd find that Nintendo rarely releases a main entry of a series and a major spinoff like Mario Kart close to each other). But the best chance this crossover project has at succeeding is to have 2014 to itself on the release calendar for the Wii U.

It depends on what you mean by major spin off but the last 12 months on the 3DS had Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros, Luigis Manion 2, and Mario Party.

I'm not saying Zelda U will 100% be coming out in 2014 but simply I disagree that Hyrule Heroes will effect it's release.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

DudeSean

I don't think Nintendo is worried about overdoing Zelda on Wii U. If anything they'd want to put a lot of Zelda on Wii U since it is a popular brand, just like they've done with Mario. And I don't see how Zelda U would kill Hyrule Warriors. Do you forget that Nintendo's games are "evergreen" titles? And it's kind of insulting to insinuate that Zelda fans can't afford more than one game within a year.

DudeSean

rbmoura85

Atariboy wrote:

rbmoura85 wrote:

Things pointing to a possible 2014 release: as i said before, skyward was release a full year after it was ready, making the main zelda team available to work in zelda u at least from 2010. And i highly doubt nintendo would jeopardize the production of one of theirs most important games, to move resources for hd remakes and portable sequels that reutilize a lot of prevoius games. The fact that Aonuma didnt direct skyward also points to nintendo being worried with how much time it would take to make zelda u, thus leaving him free to dedicate himself to the game.

When was it said that Skyward Sword was finished a full year before released? And if it was, how do you know that year wasn't spent on these various graphical tests we're aware of that led to Wind Waker HD becoming a full fledged product because it translated so well to HD before initiating work on developing Zelda U itself? And Eiji Aonuma didn't direct Skyward Sword because he took up the producer position from Shigeru Miyamoto.

Nothing is telling us that a release later this year is likely. We have past precedent to consider, we have the presence of Wind Waker HD just a few months ago along with an upcoming spinoff, and the fact that Zelda hype would be an extremely valuable asset right about now yet nothing is being said.

I'm afraid it's wishful thinking from fans with no supporting evidence.

It was some interview with Aonuma where he said Skyward was delayed one year to make changes in the graphical style, as it was originaly like Twilight Princess. I dont think producers duty take much time...its probably more a matter of giving a general direction to the project and reporting to the executives at nintendo. Miyamoto produces several titles at the same time.

You guys are thinking of nintendo as unrealistic and inresponsible people...they would not waste so much time and resources with less important products and leave zelda u for later, i think. But, of course this doesnt mean the game will be released this year...its just hunch (i hope this is spelled right)

rbmoura85

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.