Forums

Topic: Zelda U will be 4 year in delepment in 2014

Posts 1 to 20 of 102

rbmoura85

I wanted to make this thread to sugest that the next zelda for wiiu may come earlier then though.
Aonuma has stated that skyward sword was ready one year prior to its release and was mainly delayed because of changes in the graphical style demanded by miyamoto. This means that zelda u could have started development aerly in 2011, making it a whole 4 years in development by the end of this year. Plus, Aonuma didnt even direct skyward sword, making him available to work on zelda u even before skyward was completed, what means that the first hd zelda could be in development for 5 or more years by the end of 2014.

So i believe theres just a big chance of this game coming out this year and nintendo might start showing it prior to e3, maybe as soon as the next nintendo direct, leaving the e3 to focus on the playability of the game.

What do u guys think of that?

rbmoura85

rbmoura85

sorry for the mispeling. i wish i could edit it.

rbmoura85

rbmoura85

And lets not forget that zelda games usually take 3 years to be made...

rbmoura85

Aviator

And how many of those games have been made in HD?

They take a lot longer.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CaviarMeths

Considering that they had a tech demo ready for E3 2011, I'm sure it's been in active development for no less than 4 years now.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

citizenerased

Large portions of the Zelda team have been working on A Link Between Worlds. They don't constantly have 100 people working on a Wii U dev kit for years. 2015's a fairly safe bet, they never release a console Zelda in the same year they first show it off. I'm willing to bet that while Miyamoto and Aonuma have been playing around with ideas for the new Zelda for year, it didn't go in full-production until Link Between Worlds had gone gold.

The tech demo has nothing to do with Zelda U.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

jump

citizenerased wrote:

Yeah, one of the reasons why Wind Waker shocked so many people was because they showed a realistic Zelda demo the year before.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

citizenerased wrote:

Of course it does. It is not a direct part of Zelda U, but asset creation and engine development are a huge part of the development cycle.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

64supermario

CaviarMeths wrote:

Of course it does. It is not a direct part of Zelda U, but asset creation and engine development are a huge part of the development cycle.

Well for all we know it could just be like Space World to Wind Waker and look completely different. As for engine, I don't know much about the one they used for the tech demo. I know there was no actual gameplay for it so I wonder what the fleshed out version will have in-stored.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

citizenerased

CaviarMeths wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

It was a tech demo to show off what the Wii U was capable of, not what direction the Zelda team is taking. We're not even sure the Zelda team created the tech demo. Aonuma has mentioned not being a fan of realistic Zelda games and that Zelda U won't necessarily look like the E3 2011 tech demo.

I'd say the odds are certainly stacked against the next game looking like the new tech demo, with Aonuma at the helm.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

RedYoshi999

rbmoura85 wrote:

sorry for the mispeling. i wish i could edit it.

Wish granted. There is an edit button on all your comments.
Zelda U has been confirmed to be unveiled at E3 2014, so it's very unlikely they will show it in a Nintendo Direct beforehand. But they almost showed it at E3 2013, which definitely suggests it's near release. Maybe the shock announcement at E3 this year will be Zelda coming in the holidays.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

rbmoura85

For comparison, Gta 5 took 5 years to make, from mid-2008 to mid-2013...

I cant find the edit button :/

rbmoura85

Ganondwarf

Gotta remember it took like 5 years to make skyward sword so who knows

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

jump

Forbsz wrote:

Gotta remember it took like 5 years to make skyward sword so who knows

Nah, work began in 2008 and was released 2011. It was 5 years between home console releases.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

64supermario

rbmoura85 wrote:

For comparison, Gta 5 took 5 years to make, from mid-2008 to mid-2013...

I cant find the edit button :/

Its in the upper right hand of your text box, its invisible until you put your cursor over it.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

skywake

Well lets simplify this thought a little bit. Nintendo has about seven teams working on games at any given time. Within all of those studios they produced about 6 retail sized games last year. So on average they produce just under one game every year. Turns out the Zelda team works at about that same rate. Obviously there's two teams working at once and they overlap somewhat. They did a game last year, two even, surely another this year is possible? Well maybe.

However there is an obvious pattern that goes against this. We know that Twilight Princess was pushed back to hit the Wii launch so they would have had extra time to work on Phantom Hourglass during that period in theory. So lets say Twilight Princess was "finished" in 2005 for argument's sake. Link's Crossbow Training wouldn't have taken much time and again, for simplicity, lets say the same for Wind Waker HD. If you do that you get something interesting. Zelda games in 2005*, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013.

Wait another year, 2015

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

CaviarMeths wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

The tech demo was The Twilight Engine, so building a new engine is probalaby what's taking so long.

With that said with X put this year, is Zelda needed other than the fact that I want to see a holiday season where A mainline Halo, Uncharted, and Zelda come out in the same year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

WebHead

I don't see Zelda U coming out this year. Probably next year.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Blast

Zelda U will be ready for Christmas.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

Zelda U will be ready for Christmas.

It probably won't unless they decide to rush development. There' also a chance it's delayed an extra year for Polish and to avoid Zelda Fatigue.

I'm wonder how much Zelda U takes from a link between worlds.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.