Forums

Topic: Somewhat-Credible Zelda U Rumors

Posts 21 to 40 of 64

shaneoh

Haru17 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

-Originally planned for 2013, delayed to 2014 (now presumably delayed once again).

Presumably?

Well if it was originally planned for 2013, then 2014 they must have internally delayed it to fall 2015 before the announcement.

I think at this point definitely is the more suitable word. UNLESS THEY PLAN TO GO BACK IN TIME!

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

whodatninja

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

I hope for voice acting! It would blow everyones minds!!

Do you mean in a good way or a bad way?

Good way of course! It's about time Zelda took another step forward and got some quality voice acting!

While you're grabbing your pitchforks, let me say that the CDI games happened decades ago and that voice acting in video games has come along way since then. (Hell, I was hoping Hyrule Warriors, since it's already so outrageous, was FULLY VOICED but alas all we got was a narrator...)

Knowing Nintendo it's not gonna happen, but it would be a welcome change I think!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

DefHalan

whodatninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

I hope for voice acting! It would blow everyones minds!!

Do you mean in a good way or a bad way?

Good way of course! It's about time Zelda took another step forward and got some quality voice acting!

While you're grabbing your pitchforks, let me say that the CDI games happened decades ago and that voice acting in video games has come along way since then. (Hell, I was hoping Hyrule Warriors, since it's already so outrageous, was FULLY VOICED but alas all we got was a narrator...)

Knowing Nintendo it's not gonna happen, but it would be a welcome change I think!

If Hyrule Warriors' Narrator is an example of what Zelda U vocie acting could be then I hope it doesn't have it. I felt that narrator was terrible.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

whodatninja

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

I hope for voice acting! It would blow everyones minds!!

Do you mean in a good way or a bad way?

Good way of course! It's about time Zelda took another step forward and got some quality voice acting!

While you're grabbing your pitchforks, let me say that the CDI games happened decades ago and that voice acting in video games has come along way since then. (Hell, I was hoping Hyrule Warriors, since it's already so outrageous, was FULLY VOICED but alas all we got was a narrator...)

Knowing Nintendo it's not gonna happen, but it would be a welcome change I think!

If Hyrule Warriors' Narrator is an example of what Zelda U vocie acting could be then I hope it doesn't have it. I felt that narrator was terrible.

It was alright. Nothing special. That was Team Ninja's (or whoever was the main developer) choice though, and not Nintendo's.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

DefHalan

whodatninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

I hope for voice acting! It would blow everyones minds!!

Do you mean in a good way or a bad way?

Good way of course! It's about time Zelda took another step forward and got some quality voice acting!

While you're grabbing your pitchforks, let me say that the CDI games happened decades ago and that voice acting in video games has come along way since then. (Hell, I was hoping Hyrule Warriors, since it's already so outrageous, was FULLY VOICED but alas all we got was a narrator...)

Knowing Nintendo it's not gonna happen, but it would be a welcome change I think!

If Hyrule Warriors' Narrator is an example of what Zelda U vocie acting could be then I hope it doesn't have it. I felt that narrator was terrible.

It was alright. Nothing special. That was Team Ninja's (or whoever was the main developer) choice though, and not Nintendo's.

Nintendo localized it, so they hired the English voice and directed how it should be preformed.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

I'd like to see a bit more implicit storytelling. Like what Pandora's tower did, where you found accounts of the past as hidden dungeon items. It adds a feeling of mystery and discovery that you don't get when the story is explicitly told to you.

Metroid Prime handled it the same way. There was almost no narrative at all. Most of the "story" was told through finding journal entries. And yes, it's a great way to convey a certain atmosphere.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

I want the dungeons to have journal entries and hints as to the history in the construction of the level. I still want that big main storyline chock-full of cutscenes and voice acting, if they want to finally be seen as a modern AAA game.

And obviously Zelda U was internally delayed to 2015 and hasn't got a good subtitle yet.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

I still want that big main storyline chock-full of cutscenes and voice acting, if they want to finally be seen as a modern AAA game.

I'm sorry it took you until 2015 to realize that Zelda isn't for you.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I still want that big main storyline chock-full of cutscenes and voice acting, if they want to finally be seen as a modern AAA game.

I'm sorry it took you until 2015 to realize that Zelda isn't for you.

Ok, snippy. I said I want a great, traditionally-told story. If Nintendo wants the game to be seen as a modern AAA game by the general gaming populace it needs voice acting. The fact is the majority of people don't want to read.

Plenty of far smaller games than Zelda have voice acting. As much as we all love Zelda's gameplay (and occasionally its story) it is not a special butterfly. Voice acting adds a lot of emotion to any script and avoiding it in as an AAA game in 2015 is either being cheap or being fearful. And if there is some artistic benefit to no voice acting, besides the pragmatic concern of cutting down costs, Zelda hasn't reaped it yet.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Gerald

I can't think of anything worse than adding Voice Acting to a Zelda Game.

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I still want that big main storyline chock-full of cutscenes and voice acting, if they want to finally be seen as a modern AAA game.

I'm sorry it took you until 2015 to realize that Zelda isn't for you.

Ok, snippy. I said I want a great, traditionally-told story. If Nintendo wants the game to be seen as a modern AAA game by the general gaming populace it needs voice acting. The fact is the majority of people don't want to read.

Plenty of far smaller games than Zelda have voice acting. As much as we all love Zelda's gameplay (and occasionally its story) it is not a special butterfly. Voice acting adds a lot of emotion to any script and avoiding it in as an AAA game in 2015 is either being cheap or being fearful. And if there is some artistic benefit to no voice acting, besides the pragmatic concern of cutting down costs, Zelda hasn't reaped it yet.

I think I'm getting a better picture now. When you say you want "strong narrative" in games, what you really mean is that you want cinematic cutscenes and voice acting.

I guess that explains why you kept referring to Metroid in your two or three dozen complaints about the Wii U lacking story-focused games when historically, Metroid games have had almost no narrative at all. Except one, the one that had cutscenes and voice acting.

And I don't think anyone was praising them for finally feeling like a modern AAA game, but you asked for it and Nintendo delivered.

It doesn't really matter that most people don't want to read. Most people don't want to play Nintendo games at all, frankly.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

I honestly don't mind some level of cutscene focus in Zelda tbh. I mean, outside of some of the later games taking way too long to get to compelling gameplay. Honestly Zelda cutscenes are on average better than a lot of game cutscenes because Zelda is better at storytelling than the average cutscene filled game. Much better at points. I'm not gonna say it's gonna replace Mother 3 anytime soon, but they're actually really good at this imo.

If tbey stop being good at that, I'll be the first to say it though.

that being said, I think Majora's Mask actually did a good job of having more subtle storytelling without too much cutscene focus, so I'd like to see a bit more of that.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

CaviarMeths

The whole ongoing debate of voice acting in Zelda kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy VII. Square tossed so many FF conventions out the window for FF7, gave it what is still one of the biggest video game budgets of all time, and tailored its marketing specifically around bringing in new fans that have never played FF before, or a JRPG for that matter. It worked, and it was a game changer. So much so that Square changed its entire business model to revolve around Final Fantasy and ridiculously bloated budgets.

And ever since the day that FF7 released, those millions of new fans that had never touched a FF game before have been complaining non-stop about every new game that released. That's what happens when you change things to try and appeal to the masses. The masses just want you to spend the rest of your career regurgitating the same thing over and over. There's enough people as it is still mad that Skyward Sword wasn't Twilight Princess 2.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

rallydefault

Gosh, I hope they don't do voice acting. That's not Zelda. And if you can't be bothered to read a few lines of text every now and then without a voice behind it, you're probably in the wrong gaming sphere anyway.

I'll be attacked because of the "it's not Zelda" comment, I know. But it's not. And some things are worth preserving. Traditions are traditions for a reason: because they WORK, and because they mean something to the people who "practice" them. Millions of people enjoy Zelda for what it is: silent protagonist, open adventure, few cut scenes, and imagination... on the part of the gamer, not due to heavy-handed storytelling. If you don't like one or more of those things, and think it's time for Zelda to "move on," well, you really have plenty of other games to choose from that have adopted things like that.

I know FF did it successfully, but to be honest, that was moreso hardware limitations opening up and allowing Square to do what they always wanted to... Nintendo has had those chances with Zelda and time and time again has shown us that they aren't interested in the taking the series in that direction. I think there is a big difference.

rallydefault

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

I want the dungeons to have journal entries and hints as to the history in the construction of the level. I still want that big main storyline chock-full of cutscenes and voice acting, if they want to finally be seen as a modern AAA game.

Along with buttloads of DLC with plenty of reminders in the game
Guns because they are popular, right?
Half-finished game...oh wait that's Ubisoft

Did I forget anything for AAA games?

Current games: Final Fantasy IX, Tetris 99

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

As long as Link is silent or just grunts, yep I'd like voice acting.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

TingLz wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I want the dungeons to have journal entries and hints as to the history in the construction of the level. I still want that big main storyline chock-full of cutscenes and voice acting, if they want to finally be seen as a modern AAA game.

Along with buttloads of DLC with plenty of reminders in the game
Guns because they are popular, right?
Half-finished game...oh wait that's Ubisoft

Did I forget anything for AAA games?

I think you forgot ''online-only''.

Octane

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic