Forums

Topic: Zelda on Wii U in HD: Why Wind Waker?

Posts 21 to 40 of 75

skywake

CM30 wrote:

That and as said, you can play Twilight Princess on a Wii U, whereas you can't play The Wind Waker on one. By doing this, you can now play any game in the series bar the handheld titles and Four Swords Adventures on one.

Well on the pre-gimped Wii you could actually play every single non-portable Zelda. For a while there I thought the 3DS would end up being home to every single Zelda pre-Wind Waker and it could if it got LttP, Seasons/Ages and Majora's Mask... all still very possible but even without it the 3DS is still the Nintendo device with the largest collection of Zeldas

....... assuming you have an ambassador one

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

cornishlee

skywake wrote:

Well on the pre-gimped Wii

Any particular reason for the unprovoked hostility?

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Undead_terror

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Wind Waker is pretty neat. I'm just hoping there's more content of some sort. Unless it's reasonably priced, that is.

Hope there will be a chance of having a master quest just like oot

Edited on by Undead_terror

CM30

skywake wrote:

CM30 wrote:

That and as said, you can play Twilight Princess on a Wii U, whereas you can't play The Wind Waker on one. By doing this, you can now play any game in the series bar the handheld titles and Four Swords Adventures on one.

Well on the pre-gimped Wii you could actually play every single non-portable Zelda. For a while there I thought the 3DS would end up being home to every single Zelda pre-Wind Waker and it could if it got LttP, Seasons/Ages and Majora's Mask... all still very possible but even without it the 3DS is still the Nintendo device with the largest collection of Zeldas

....... assuming you have an ambassador one

Except the Wii U only has backwards compatible with Wii games, not Gamecube games. That's normal. System is certainly not 'gimped' because of it.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

You know why I think they chose Wind Waker? It's the only one not playable on the Wii U currently, outside of that Four Swords game and the handheld iterations.

Think about it. You can play the NES, SNES and N64 games through VC and Twilight Princes and Skyward Sword through Wii mode. WW is the only one that can't be played.

this is actually a decent explanation

Indeed.

Also, why not Wind Waker? It's one of the most lauded game in the series after Ocarina of Time. If I was Nintendo, I'd make sure I got in on some of that money.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

SparkOfSpirit

It's my favorite 3D Zelda, so I'm not complaining.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

kkslider5552000

I remember hearing when it came out that at the time Wind Waker was the most preordered game ever. So ha!

oh wait the preorder game was...oh...oh...

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Because Windwaker is the best Zelda Game

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Link-Hero

I hope they use this chance in adding the unfinished features, items, areas, missing dungeon, and fix some unrefined gameplay mechanics that they could not put into the game due to time constraints. Though, they might just do like what they did with OoT3D where they just upgraded the graphics and changed the controls...

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

We've had, like 10 most pre-ordered games just last year. What the hell?

quick look says it's basically just bragging about how it's the most preordered game of (insert store or company here)

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

skywake

cornishlee wrote:

skywake wrote:

Well on the pre-gimped Wii

Any particular reason for the unprovoked hostility?

What hostility? The Wii before the omission of GameCube support did allow you to play every single Zelda. Then they gimped it, nerfed it, amputated it's Gamecubesque appendages and it suddenly no longer allowed you to play every single Zelda. So while Wind Waker HD does bring the last console Zelda to the Wii U it wasn't the first console to have that title.... and the 3DS is arguably ahead of it already.

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Punny

I'm not sure if this is the main reason, but maybe they're re-releasing it to celebrate its 10th anniversary. Just an idea.

I'm back (for the moment)!

cornishlee

skywake wrote:

cornishlee wrote:

skywake wrote:

Well on the pre-gimped Wii

Any particular reason for the unprovoked hostility?

What hostility? The Wii before the omission of GameCube support did allow you to play every single Zelda. Then they gimped it, nerfed it, amputated it's Gamecubesque appendages and it suddenly no longer allowed you to play every single Zelda. So while Wind Waker HD does bring the last console Zelda to the Wii U it wasn't the first console to have that title.... and the 3DS is arguably ahead of it already.

But they didn't "gimp" (whatever that means as a verb) the Wii to make the game unplayable on that system. You still can. You cannot play it on the Wii U. That's a different system. I really don't understand what your point is or why you're posting it in a Wii U forum if you're not interested in the system.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

skywake

@cornishlee
Why the hostility?

In all seriousness though, I own both a launch Wii and a launch Wii U so I am very much "interested" and am not trolling. The original Wii was the ultimate home console Zelda machine and I was simply pointing that out. The latter Wiis couldn't play Wind Waker in the same way that the Wii U can't because they removed backwards compatibility for GameCube. The latter Wii was "gimped" in that sense, gimped meaning (to use the services of wiktionary):
Crippled, injured; damaged as to awkwardly impede function

My point was not intended to be aggressive in any way I was simply pointing out that the Wii U isn't the first console to have so many Zeldas. The 3DS has plenty and the original Wii before they removed backwards compatibility did also. Which isn't anything against the Wii U at all because it also doing this is pretty damn awesome. To be honest I'm really not sure why my original post required this level of debate......

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

cornishlee

skywake wrote:

@cornishlee
Why the hostility?

In all seriousness though, I own both a launch Wii and a launch Wii U so I am very much "interested" and am not trolling. The original Wii was the ultimate home console Zelda machine and I was simply pointing that out. The latter Wiis couldn't play Wind Waker in the same way that the Wii U can't because they removed backwards compatibility for GameCube. The latter Wii was "gimped" in that sense, gimped meaning (to use the services of wiktionary):
Crippled, injured; damaged as to awkwardly impede function

My point was not intended to be aggressive in any way I was simply pointing out that the Wii U isn't the first console to have so many Zeldas. The 3DS has plenty and the original Wii before they removed backwards compatibility did also. Which isn't anything against the Wii U at all because it also doing this is pretty damn awesome. To be honest I'm really not sure why my original post required this level of debate......

Thanks for explaining your point (and "gimped"). I didn't know they'd removed GC compatibility from the Wii and assumed it was a rather strange knock at the Wii U or even misunderstanding what the Wii U is. I'm not sure that the original poster meant to imply that having all of the current Zelda games on a console was a novelty, just that it's not currently possible on the Wii U. Again though, thanks for explaining it and as for "this level of debate", you can either blame mutual misunderstanding or my ignorance, entirely up to you.

Edited on by cornishlee

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Miss_Dark

I don't know why but I'm glad, that means that the new zelda game will have completely different graphics (not saying that the graphics of the Wind Waker suck, not at all, they're magical but Twilight Princess was just astonishing so I'm hoping they're gonna go that way)

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

rallydefault

To quote Wedding Crashers, "I'm psyched out of my mind" about this. I never owned a GC so I never got to play much of it, let alone beat the entire thing.

I think the reasons why they chose WW in particular have been stated in different parts of this thread: The Gamepad can be the Tingle Tuner, it is the game's 10th anniversary (is that true?), it can't currently be played on the Wii U, and the only other earlier 3D title not yet rereleased is Majora's Mask, and most people think that will hit the 3DS. I think TP and SS are still too new to be rereleased, whereas it's been just long enough to justify this one.

rallydefault

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic