Wii U Forum

Topic: Your Zelda Ideas

Showing 61 to 80 of 113

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SofaKing

61. Posted:

I saw these drawings of some fan that did Zelda, Link, and characters from other games in sumi-e style painting and it got me thinking, Link as a Samurai would be an awesome style of game. Link in my eyes is already the makings of a samari, right. If the game had a darker, more grown up feel to it, I think if Link looked like this picture below and made it open world, it would be a great game. Id still like to see all the same weapons and sure even Navi could be in this game but I want this game to be a bit more RPGish in the sense that Link has some customization options (i.e. armor, clothing, items, weapons) and they could even be bought from wandering sales guys like that Beedle guy that sells stuff in Zelda already. As a samurai, having a horse in the game to ride from city to city or town to town would only be natural. I was also thinking that the different races in Zelda could also be normal people that dress in different costumes kinda like how the natives use to dress themselves in masks and fur to symbolize a hawk or horse or some other animal. I feel if there were small villages that had these native pockets of people that dressed in these costumes to look like Gorons, Zoras, Koroks and Rito then it can be used in an interesting way in the game.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And this is what I was thinking when I mentioned the native people whearing the masks.

Untitled

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

62. Posted:

^PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I want to play as Samurai Link!!!!!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamecubed

63. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

justlink wrote:

Thats a luigi game

AND Mario IS in it...
so it's not a Mario game without Mario in it

and how large a role does mario play in it? not a big role at all. you don't play as mario, and he's not the reason you play it. however, it is a mario game. it uses official mario characters, it's set in the mushroom kingdom, and if you ask Miyamoto, he will probably say its a mario game.

It's a spin-off of the Mario series, like Super Princess Peach or Yoshi's Story. It's not in the main vein, but it's based on characters we have met in the Mario games.
It's like saying Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is a Zelda game. It's not. It's simply under the Zelda umbrella.

Gamecubed

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpookyMeths

64. Posted:

  • Large Hyrule, like Twilight Princess, but filled with plenty of things to do, unlike Twilight Princess. Minigames and sidequests galore.
  • A basic magic skill tree that features various spells based on Din, Farore, and Nayru's powers. Very basic though, Zelda is adventure, not RPG.
  • Ability to play as Zelda for some parts of the story. Not a choice between the two, but more like having Link and Wolf-Link sections of Twilight Princess.
  • Ninjas.
  • Pirates.
  • Ninjas who may be pirates.
  • More naval gameplay, like ship battles and sailing, but more complex than Wind Waker. More like Assassin's Creed 4.
  • Stealth-based sections of gameplay. Not like sneaking into the castle in Ocarina. I'm talking for realsies Splinter Cell stuff, but medieval.
  • Keep the equipment upgrade system from Skyward Sword.
  • Add more than just sword and shield style combat. Throw in a few different weapon styles, all with a unique set of combat moves. Keep the classic sword n' board as it's always been for your balanced combat, but maybe add a two-handed axe for power-based combat, a spear for area-based combat, and dual-wielded daggers for speed-based combat.
  • More ghosts and spooky things. 2014 and the Bottom of the Well is still the scariest thing ever in a Zelda game. This will not do!

Also, holy crap those sumi-e paintings are cool.

Edited on by SpookyMeths

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

65. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

  • Large Hyrule, like Twilight Princess, but filled with plenty of things to do, unlike Twilight Princess. Minigames and sidequests galore.
  • A basic magic skill tree that features various spells based on Din, Farore, and Nayru's powers. Very basic though, Zelda is adventure, not RPG.
  • Ability to play as Zelda for some parts of the story. Not a choice between the two, but more like having Link and Wolf-Link sections of Twilight Princess.
  • Ninjas.
  • Pirates.
  • Ninjas who may be pirates.
  • More naval gameplay, like ship battles and sailing, but more complex than Wind Waker. More like Assassin's Creed 4.
  • Stealth-based sections of gameplay. Not like sneaking into the castle in Ocarina. I'm talking for realsies Splinter Cell stuff, but medieval.
  • Keep the equipment upgrade system from Skyward Sword.
  • Add more than just sword and shield style combat. Throw in a few different weapon styles, all with a unique set of combat moves. Keep the classic sword n' board as it's always been for your balanced combat, but maybe add a two-handed axe for power-based combat, a spear for area-based combat, and dual-wielded daggers for speed-based combat.
  • More ghosts and spooky things. 2014 and the Bottom of the Well is still the scariest thing ever in a Zelda game. This will not do!

Also, holy crap those sumi-e paintings are cool.

over 9000% agreed!!!!!!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

66. Posted:

Gamecubed wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

justlink wrote:

Thats a luigi game

AND Mario IS in it...
so it's not a Mario game without Mario in it

and how large a role does mario play in it? not a big role at all. you don't play as mario, and he's not the reason you play it. however, it is a mario game. it uses official mario characters, it's set in the mushroom kingdom, and if you ask Miyamoto, he will probably say its a mario game.

It's a spin-off of the Mario series, like Super Princess Peach or Yoshi's Story. It's not in the main vein, but it's based on characters we have met in the Mario games.
It's like saying Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is a Zelda game. It's not. It's simply under the Zelda umbrella.

so by your logic then, the mario RPGs are spinoff just because they aren't platformers? legend of the seven stars, paper mario, superstar saga, bowser's inside story, all spinoff? okay, that's a pretty bold statement. and i do think it's unusual for a spinoff to have sequels, like luigi's mansion, like the mario RPGs.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

67. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

justlink wrote:

Thats a luigi game

AND Mario IS in it...
so it's not a Mario game without Mario in it

and how large a role does mario play in it? not a big role at all. you don't play as mario, and he's not the reason you play it. however, it is a mario game. it uses official mario characters, it's set in the mushroom kingdom, and if you ask Miyamoto, he will probably say its a mario game.

It's a spin-off of the Mario series, like Super Princess Peach or Yoshi's Story. It's not in the main vein, but it's based on characters we have met in the Mario games.
It's like saying Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is a Zelda game. It's not. It's simply under the Zelda umbrella.

so by your logic then, the mario RPGs are spinoff just because they aren't platformers? legend of the seven stars, paper mario, superstar saga, bowser's inside story, all spinoff? okay, that's a pretty bold statement. and i do think it's unusual for a spinoff to have sequels, like luigi's mansion, like the mario RPGs.

ok now your logic screwed, the Mario RPGs are in fact spin-offs it's not unusual for spin offs to have sequels or become a parallel series.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpookyMeths

68. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

[I'm not quoting all of this.]

I don't think you understand the appeal of a Zelda game. That's fine, really. Everything has its fanbase.

Zelda games are about storytelling, not story. Familiarity is actually a large part of this. It's supposed to have a "tale old as time" feel to it, just like a fairy tale or folk story. It doesn't matter how many times Robin Hood is remade and reinterpreted, a large part of the appeal in the story is recognizing the dashing rogue, the fair maiden, and the corrupted law.

One of my absolute favorite Zelda moments is the end of Ocarina of Time. Ganondorf is sealed and Link returns to his childhood. The last thing we see is Link going to the garden and meeting Zelda all over again. It says "I've been here before, but this is the first time." It perfectly captures the spirit of a Zelda game.

What you're really asking for is a game that is not Zelda at all. Not in spirit, not in structure or gameplay, not in anything. From the sounds of it, you don't even seem to like Zelda games, so I'm confused as to why you would bother making a giant list of things you want in a different game.

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

69. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

  • Large Hyrule, like Twilight Princess, but filled with plenty of things to do, unlike Twilight Princess. Minigames and sidequests galore.
  • A basic magic skill tree that features various spells based on Din, Farore, and Nayru's powers. Very basic though, Zelda is adventure, not RPG.
  • Ability to play as Zelda for some parts of the story. Not a choice between the two, but more like having Link and Wolf-Link sections of Twilight Princess.
  • Ninjas.
  • Pirates.
  • Ninjas who may be pirates.
  • More naval gameplay, like ship battles and sailing, but more complex than Wind Waker. More like Assassin's Creed 4.
  • Stealth-based sections of gameplay. Not like sneaking into the castle in Ocarina. I'm talking for realsies Splinter Cell stuff, but medieval.
  • Keep the equipment upgrade system from Skyward Sword.
  • Add more than just sword and shield style combat. Throw in a few different weapon styles, all with a unique set of combat moves. Keep the classic sword n' board as it's always been for your balanced combat, but maybe add a two-handed axe for power-based combat, a spear for area-based combat, and dual-wielded daggers for speed-based combat.
  • More ghosts and spooky things. 2014 and the Bottom of the Well is still the scariest thing ever in a Zelda game. This will not do!

Also, holy crap those sumi-e paintings are cool.

I agree with the large hyrule and wanting more magic and weapons systems but the rest seems like taking parts you like in other games and adding them in.

I think I want a greater focus on story to the extent of a Fire Emblem or Xenoblade.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

70. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

justlink wrote:

Thats a luigi game

AND Mario IS in it...
so it's not a Mario game without Mario in it

and how large a role does mario play in it? not a big role at all. you don't play as mario, and he's not the reason you play it. however, it is a mario game. it uses official mario characters, it's set in the mushroom kingdom, and if you ask Miyamoto, he will probably say its a mario game.

It's a spin-off of the Mario series, like Super Princess Peach or Yoshi's Story. It's not in the main vein, but it's based on characters we have met in the Mario games.
It's like saying Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is a Zelda game. It's not. It's simply under the Zelda umbrella.

so by your logic then, the mario RPGs are spinoff just because they aren't platformers? legend of the seven stars, paper mario, superstar saga, bowser's inside story, all spinoff? okay, that's a pretty bold statement. and i do think it's unusual for a spinoff to have sequels, like luigi's mansion, like the mario RPGs.

ok now your logic screwed, the Mario RPGs are in fact spin-offs it's not unusual for spin offs to have sequels or become a parallel series.

alright fine, i'll accept that the games are spinoffs, but that wasn't the original argument i put up. no amount of saying that it's a spinoff will help because in the end, mario still is not in the game for a significant reason. it still is set in the mushroom kingdom, uses the same established characters, and the same logic as the previous games. it is indeed a mario game, spinoff or not, and it doesn't have mario.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

71. Posted:

^yes Luigi's Mansion is a spin-off to the mario series and Mario is pretty much the "Peach" of this game :p
and a Zelda Spin-off without Link could very well happen just not a main Zelda game.(there's a spot in the timeline asking for such a game, right before a Link to the Past)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpookyMeths

72. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I agree with the large hyrule and wanting more magic and weapons systems but the rest seems like taking parts you like in other games and adding them in.

I think I want a greater focus on story to the extent of a Fire Emblem or Xenoblade.

Just naval combat like AC4 and stealth like SC ;) But not a huge focus on them, just sections of. The rest of the stuff I mentioned is taking stuff that has already been a part of Zelda. Ninjas (Shiekah), pirates (Tetra and her band), spooky things (Shadow Temple), more than one playable character (Link and Wolf-Link). I liked all of that and want more of it.

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU"RE TAKING PARTS YOU LIKE FROM FIRE EMBLEM AND XENOBLADE AND ADDING THEM INTO ZELDA.

Sorry, caps for emphasis. I'm tired and feeling silly.

I'm not opposed to a greater focus on story as long as it retains that fairy tale feel to it, because I really feel that tone is important for a 3D Zelda game.

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

73. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

[I'm not quoting all of this.]

I don't think you understand the appeal of a Zelda game. That's fine, really. Everything has its fanbase.

Zelda games are about storytelling, not story. Familiarity is actually a large part of this. It's supposed to have a "tale old as time" feel to it, just like a fairy tale or folk story. It doesn't matter how many times Robin Hood is remade and reinterpreted, a large part of the appeal in the story is recognizing the dashing rogue, the fair maiden, and the corrupted law.

it's one thing hearing the same story with new twists added, that's because it's a story. if you generalize hard enough, everything is the same, so everything and anything original thrives on these twists we add to make them interesting. it's one thing to hear about these places in a story over and over again with new twists, it's another to actually go to the same place over and over again in a video game. that get's formulaic and boring fast. if a video game franchise is the same each time with a few twists added every now and then, it's boring because instead of reading about it or watching it in a movie, you're interacting with this world, so there needs to be more twists and turns. and i think nintendo has been doing a poopy job with their story-telling.
zelda is so formulaic by now, it's like going to a different grocery store every time you need to shop for food. you know what you need and want, but the store might have something you do or don't want, and it might be arranged differently, but buy n' large, it's the same, and you know what you're getting. at the end, you'll either walk out with more or less of what you originally wanted. i know it's crazy, but this is the feeling i get playing zelda nowadays.

What you're really asking for is a game that is not Zelda at all. Not in spirit, not in structure or gameplay, not in anything. From the sounds of it, you don't even seem to like Zelda games, so I'm confused as to why you would bother making a giant list of things you want in a different game.

i actually really enjoy zelda games, they're great. i've just been really disappointed with recent games that came out. TP, SS, and ALBW have been sub par in my opinion and are just lazy. mine is just a list of things i'd like to see, stuff that would make me happy. as evidenced by @Unca_Lz , some games have left the traditional formula, and have ended up being great games. i'm not asking for anything new, besides maybe a few, like the customizable system and/or combat system. not in spirit just because i want to be more of what Majora'sMask did to the franchise (new setting, new threat, no prophecy to speak of, no master sword, new mechanics, etc)?come on now.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Oragami

74. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Why would anyone ask for one fight that lasts one hour? That sounds like a terrible idea

Why is Shadow of the Colossus awesome then?

I miss the Chrono series, and I wish Final Fantasy was back with Nintendo...
Yeah, guitars are cool.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

75. Posted:

Oragami wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Why would anyone ask for one fight that lasts one hour? That sounds like a terrible idea

Why is Shadow of the Colossus awesome then?

Because you think it's awesome, but that shouldn't be considered as "evidence"

Anywho, this video pretty much explains why changing Zelda too much may be a bad idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAP6Anq2j9Q

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

76. Posted:

This may sound blasphemous to some of you people, but LoZ would be perfect to me if they removed all the cryptic stuff — I hate when games get too cryptic, I want at least some direction. I've talked about before how I dislike the exploration part of Zelda... I basically just do what I'm told, and I miss lots of extras I never knew existed. If the game were to give me hints of where interesting things might be off the main path (like, at mandatory parts of the game), I wouldn't have to get on forums asking if I'd missed anything, the game would already prod me in the right directions (I wouldn't want it to be too obvious with its hints, I'd just want it to get me thinking).

I already love the combat, and the puzzle-solving in the dungeons, so if the exploration got streamlined the game would be perfect for me. :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

77. Posted:

@Gioku too used to Pokémon's itemfinder/dowsing machine I see :p

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

78. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

This may sound blasphemous to some of you people, but LoZ would be perfect to me if they removed all the cryptic stuff — I hate when games get too cryptic, I want at least some direction. I've talked about before how I dislike the exploration part of Zelda... I basically just do what I'm told, and I miss lots of extras I never knew existed. If the game were to give me hints of where interesting things might be off the main path (like, at mandatory parts of the game), I wouldn't have to get on forums asking if I'd missed anything, the game would already prod me in the right directions (I wouldn't want it to be too obvious with its hints, I'd just want it to get me thinking).

I already love the combat, and the puzzle-solving in the dungeons, so if the exploration got streamlined the game would be perfect for me. :)

I disagree. I like discovering new things during each play through. For example, I discovered that playing the Sun's Song in certain parts of OoT makes a fairy appear :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

79. Posted:

Maskeraid wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Gioku wrote:

This may sound blasphemous to some of you people, but LoZ would be perfect to me if they removed all the cryptic stuff — I hate when games get too cryptic, I want at least some direction. I've talked about before how I dislike the exploration part of Zelda... I basically just do what I'm told, and I miss lots of extras I never knew existed. If the game were to give me hints of where interesting things might be off the main path (like, at mandatory parts of the game), I wouldn't have to get on forums asking if I'd missed anything, the game would already prod me in the right directions (I wouldn't want it to be too obvious with its hints, I'd just want it to get me thinking).

I already love the combat, and the puzzle-solving in the dungeons, so if the exploration got streamlined the game would be perfect for me. :)

I disagree. I like discovering new things during each play through. For example, I discovered that playing the Sun's Song in certain parts of OoT makes a fairy appear :)

Majora's Mask is entirely reliant on this as well, so I call blasphemy. u_u

lol @Gioku became the Zelda enemy No.1 of this thread!
but yeah Zelda is all about exploration and trial the fun IS in discovering new things by experimenting

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

justlink

80. Posted:

lol, @gioku, thats why they're called sidequests, you do them on your own time. Twilight Princess told you about sidequests by the mailman

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks