Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 701 to 720 of 776

Grumblevolcano

BlackSpy wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

I'll say it again: New Golden Sun (that doesn't suck like DD)

I thought Golden Sun DD was pretty great, story aside (it was my first Golden Sun game), and I too want a brand new Golden Sun game for 3DS. Also I'll take any surprises, and anything but Punch-Out.

NoA needs to release the 2nd half of Golden Sun GBA (Lost Age) first!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nintenbomba128

My TOP 11 E3 wishes
11.AT LEAST ONE NEW IP!!
10.Wario ware/land 3DS
9.MOTHER 3
8. Info on upcoming games
7.Animal Crossing U
6.Paper Mario
5.Smash DLC Banjo and Kazooie/N64VC
4.MK8 DLC Pack 3-4
3.2D Metroid
2.Punch Out U!!
1.Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot

Nintenbomba128

WebHead

iKhan wrote:

IMO, SS's art style makes an HD remaster (not a remake, Mario 64 DS is a remake) kind of pointless. The idea of SS's style (aside from trying to tonally match the game), was to blur details and backgrounds in the style itself to compensate for the Wii's power.

HD would just make the smears higher res.

TBH with Zelda U delayed I think we can forget about a TP HD. They'll probably just put the Wii version on the Wii U eShop.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

WebHead wrote:

iKhan wrote:

IMO, SS's art style makes an HD remaster (not a remake, Mario 64 DS is a remake) kind of pointless. The idea of SS's style (aside from trying to tonally match the game), was to blur details and backgrounds in the style itself to compensate for the Wii's power.

HD would just make the smears higher res.

TBH with Zelda U delayed I think we can forget about a TP HD. They'll probably just put the Wii version on the Wii U eShop.

I could see them doing that, but I doubt they are going to make a HD version of Twilight Princess before zelda U comes out. Honestly, I wouldn't expect it until next-generation.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

beingvasey

I absolutely love the MIDI soundtrack on Twilight Princess. It exudes creepiness, and I think that might get lost in an orchestral translation.

beingvasey

3DS Friend Code: 1650-2420-2204 | Nintendo Network ID: beingvasey

MegaMari0

1. Fully featured miyamoto projects Guard/Robot( I loved the concepts)
2. Surprise 3rd party game announcement
3. MH4U for Wii U
4. Any game announcement from Retro Studios
5. Zelda U back on to 2015 schedule.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

WebHead

Hope some 3DS news happens too. 2nd half 2015 for 3DS is looking really weak.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

UGXwolf

beingvasey wrote:

I absolutely love the MIDI soundtrack on Twilight Princess. It exudes creepiness, and I think that might get lost in an orchestral translation.

I feel like an orchestra could do the creepy angle better than a MIDI soundtrack, with the right composition.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CrazyOtto

1. Pac-Man VS Online for 3DS and/or Wii U
2. WarioWare 3DS (No matter if it's a traditional WarioWare or WarioWare DIY 2)
3. Sega Genesis/MD and Arcade games for Wii U VC
4. Clubhouse Games Deluxe for 3DS
5. An offline system screenshot feature for both 3DS and Wii U that lets you take a screenshot of any game while suspended into the system menu.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Haru17

DefHalan wrote:

I could see them doing that, but I doubt they are going to make a HD version of Twilight Princess before zelda U comes out. Honestly, I wouldn't expect it until next-generation.

Basically this. I think they would want to wait until they have a console that's a success from the start to put all that effort into remaking Twilight Princess. I mean, revamped textures are really a minimum for that game, and that's not cheap. The beautiful thing about is that it'll look great regardless due to the beautiful cutscene cinematography in that game.

UGXwolf wrote:

I feel like an orchestra could do the creepy angle better than a MIDI soundtrack, with the right composition.

I would agree. It would take a lot of work to retain the same feel, but it's certainly possible. (Not that they're likely to redo the music, necessarily.)

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DefHalan

@Haru17
That is not what I was saying

Bolt_Strike

Too much Zelda discussion. Seriously, you guys are asking for another remake? You've already have 3 this gen, do we really need another? Wait until next gen please.

Anyway, let's shift gears and talk about new IPs. Nintendo usually creates new IPs based on a new genre or playstyle that they haven't done before. The problem is, there isn't much they haven't done genre wise. So what kinds of new IPs do you want?

One genre I think Nintendo is lacking is a sandbox game of some sort. Something like GTA, Prototype, or Infamous that involves gameplay in a huge open area with different missions. If they want to go the family friendly route (which they probably do) they could do something Disney Infinity-esque with Amiibo.

Also, they haven't really done much with beat em up games (like God of War), but I don't think they need a new IP for that, DK can fill that void nicely.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Too much Zelda discussion. Seriously, you guys are asking for another remake? You've already have 3 this gen, do we really need another? Wait until next gen please.

Anyway, let's shift gears and talk about new IPs. Nintendo usually creates new IPs based on a new genre or playstyle that they haven't done before. The problem is, there isn't much they haven't done genre wise. So what kinds of new IPs do you want?

One genre I think Nintendo is lacking is a sandbox game of some sort. Something like GTA, Prototype, or Infamous that involves gameplay in a huge open area with different missions. If they want to go the family friendly route (which they probably do) they could do something Disney Infinity-esque with Amiibo.

Also, they haven't really done much with beat em up games (like God of War), but I don't think they need a new IP for that, DK can fill that void nicely.

Just for the record, I don't think of any of those as sandbox games. >.> To me, sandbox is one of the most misused terms in all of gaming. For something to be sandbox, there basically has to be no point other than just playing it. GTA has a point. It's got a story with a beginning and ending and lots of branches to distract you along the way. GTA is an open world game. Minecraft is a sandbox game. But that's just how I see it, and I know most of the gaming community disagrees with me on this, but I still feel like "sandbox" carries the implication of having no point other than to just play the game. Like Disney Infinity.

Anyways, more on target, I could see Nintendo trying something like that, but also keep in mind that they try to find a spin on it that we haven't really seen before, or at least not very often. By this alone, super powers are automatically out of the question, and being that Nintendo is how they are, you can pretty much take guns out of the question, too. An urban setting wouldn't be impossible, but it'd have to be very different from your typical urban setting. What if there was a heavy music-base to the the world? Like if it was a city based on and built out of music in which you use sound as a weapon? A stylized urban environment with concert stages and rock shows and street performers. There could be a rhythm aspect, but who says there'd have to be? It wouldn't be a branch of the Rhythm Heaven series, though. Something new.

Also, DK is a Platformer. Don't make it a beat-em-up. That's a stupid idea. Don't change the series in ways it doesn't need to change, especially when you could do a wonderful hack-and-slash or beat-em-up or character action title with the Mysterious Murasame Castle or something similar.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

Sandbox games and Open-World games get mixed up a lot. Sandbox games are still level based but each level is semi open. Open-world games means the entire world is open to explore almost all the time. Far Cry Instincts is a Sandbox game. There is a clear progression that occurs (level based) but within each area there is room to explore and tack challenges as you wish. GTA is Open-World.

Disney Infinity's Playsets are Sandbox. The Toybox could be considered Open-World it is more of just a level editor.

SuperWiiU

DefHalan wrote:

Sandbox games and Open-World games get mixed up a lot.

Apparently, so are beat'em ups and hack'n'slash.

Nintendo already had a third-party open-world exclusive with Lego City, and a hack'n'slash with Bayonetta 2. Seems like they didn't feel the need to make one themselves.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

Anyways, more on target, I could see Nintendo trying something like that, but also keep in mind that they try to find a spin on it that we haven't really seen before, or at least not very often. By this alone, super powers are automatically out of the question, and being that Nintendo is how they are, you can pretty much take guns out of the question, too. An urban setting wouldn't be impossible, but it'd have to be very different from your typical urban setting. What if there was a heavy music-base to the the world? Like if it was a city based on and built out of music in which you use sound as a weapon? A stylized urban environment with concert stages and rock shows and street performers. There could be a rhythm aspect, but who says there'd have to be? It wouldn't be a branch of the Rhythm Heaven series, though. Something new.

I like the idea, but what would music based weaponry do gameplay wise? You're not very specific about how they differ from regular weapons.

UGXwolf wrote:

Also, DK is a Platformer. Don't make it a beat-em-up. That's a stupid idea. Don't change the series in ways it doesn't need to change, especially when you could do a wonderful hack-and-slash or beat-em-up or character action title with the Mysterious Murasame Castle or something similar.

That style of gameplay mixes platforming and beat-em-up gameplay, so it's not as if DK is losing anything with this style. But if that's too drastic, then they should at least make it a subseries because DK fits this gameplay style like a glove. DK has always been depicted as a brute and IMO the DKC games don't fully show this side of him in the gameplay. I can completely imagine him bashing his way through hordes of enemies while jumping and swinging through jungles like he always has. This isn't really trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Perhaps a better comparison would be the Werehog from Sonic Unleashed, which is a good mix of beat em up gameplay with platforming heavily based on climbing and swinging.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

ricklongo

SuperWiiU wrote:

Nintendo already had a third-party open-world exclusive with Lego City, and a hack'n'slash with Bayonetta 2. Seems like they didn't feel the need to make one themselves.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Lego City 2 is one of my dreams for Wii U, by the way, but I don't foresee it happening, due to Lego going the figurine route.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I'd say a better beat-em-up would be an F-Zero spinoff focusing on Captain Falcon's bounty hunter side. FALCON PAWNCHHH!

I'd buy that game in a heartbeat, but we all know the game will never happen.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.