Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 681 to 700 of 776

jump

Yellowkoopa wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

Gamecube remasters would be nice to see, since Nintendo sucks with the VC in general. I can see Nintendo announcing a Twlight Princess remake for Wii U to make up for no Zelda this year at E3.

Not to burst your bubble, but that seems a tad short notice, don't you think? They can't pull these remakes out in the course of a few months. Dev may be short and cheap comparitively, but it's still gonna take SOME time.

Probably, but since Nintendo has remade the first three 3D Zeldas this generation, it's not completely out of the question to think that they will remake another one, and at a perfect time too, since there's no set date when the new Zelda will be released. It probably shouldn't take too long to remake, assuming they take as long as they did to remake Wind Waker.

Yeah Wind Waker took 6 months to develop so they could start tomorrow and it'll be done in time for a xmas release if it's on the same time scale. If they do a remaster I'd hope it'd be something that's harder/more expensive to find like Double Dash or The Last Story as I've got my TP copy lying around still.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

If a Twilight Princess remake happens to either 3DS or Wii U this gen then Nintendo deserves all the shots that will come. Its just too freaking soon and not even necessary. And this is coming from a Zelda fan.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Zanark

Blast wrote:

If a Twilight Princess remake happens to either 3DS or Wii U this gen then Nintendo deserves all the shots that will come. Its just too freaking soon and not even necessary. And this is coming from a Zelda fan.

Yeah 3 remakes (out of 5 3d games) is plenty for a single generation. Never thought i'd say it but one can definitely have too much legend of zelda.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Bolt_Strike

None of the potential choices for remakes or remasters really stand out to me as being particularly popular or high selling, most of the good N64 and GC era games have been done already. I mean, I'd be happy to see remakes of Sunshine or Kirby 64, but IDK that those games would show up again.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

bluemage1989

I wonder if any third parties could be convimced to do some HD remakes. Everyone is crying out for an experience like F Zero a remake of the Extreme G games probably the GameCube ones could be a good choice or maybe you guys have other ideas??

bluemage1989

IceClimbers

In any case, I do think Star Fox and Devil's Third will take up a decent chunk as they need to introduce Star Fox and reintroduce Devil's Third. Thankfully, Treehouse Live can lessen the amount of time needed in the Digital Event for those two games. They'll get some hefty playtime in Treehouse Live no doubt.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

I think those two will get trailers and a short description. Treehouse will cover the rest

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

LztheQuack wrote:

I think those two will get trailers and a short description. Treehouse will cover the rest

Nah, I think they'll do a developer's story for those two like they did for Hyrule Warriors and Yoshi's Woolly World last year.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

I think if we're getting an HD remake of Twilight Princess, it's gonna be in the Spring, and if that happens, you can bet Zelda U won't be any sooner than Holidy 2016. Also, @Arronishere correct me if I'm wrong, but they announced WWHD in January and didn't it come out in September? October? I don't think it was developed in six months, considering they already had it working well enough to take screenshots in January. Maybe closer to a year.

EDIT: http://www.zeldainformer.com/articles/an-interview-with-eiji-... NVM. Aonuma did it for you. Another interesting tidbit I picked up was that they experimented with HD graphics for both Twilight Princess and Skyward, but found that Wind Waker worked best with it. You can really take that whatever way you want. Either they see no need to remake TP in HD or they've already tried, so it's already in their backlog to be done at some point. And yeah, if they started around the time Zelda U was announced to be "delayed" (quotes because I can't think of a better word for it. It's definitely coming later, but they never actually announced a real delay.) It could potentially be out by December.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

IceClimbers wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

Nah, I think they'll do a developer's story for those two like they did for Hyrule Warriors and Yoshi's Woolly World last year.

Ehhhh...maybe Mario Maker and Devil's Third. It's hard to say

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

UGXwolf wrote:

I think if we're getting an HD remake of Twilight Princess, it's gonna be in the Spring, and if that happens, you can bet Zelda U won't be any sooner than Holidy 2016. Also, @Arronishere correct me if I'm wrong, but they announced WWHD in January and didn't it come out in September? October? I don't think it was developed in six months, considering they already had it working well enough to take screenshots in January. Maybe closer to a year.

EDIT: http://www.zeldainformer.com/articles/an-interview-with-eiji-... NVM. Aonuma did it for you. Another interesting tidbit I picked up was that they experimented with HD graphics for both Twilight Princess and Skyward, but found that Wind Waker worked best with it. You can really take that whatever way you want. Either they see no need to remake TP in HD or they've already tried, so it's already in their backlog to be done at some point. And yeah, if they started around the time Zelda U was announced to be "delayed" (quotes because I can't think of a better word for it. It's definitely coming later, but they never actually announced a real delay.) It could potentially be out by December.

The reason Wind Waker was the pick for HD was that it was easy; the textures and models still look good. Twilight Princess needs a texture update for this decade and Skyward Sword is too tied to the wiimote.

I don't expect it, but I'm really pumped for a Twilight Princess remake after listening to this: https://youtu.be/zlkIUmn5USg Like, seriously, I want Nintendo to hire these people and have their sound directors work with them to do a full orchestral remaster of the soundtrack as well as the textures. It'll never happen, but damn would that be good! And the obligatory 1080p with a hero mode.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

UGXwolf

Haru17 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

The reason Wind Waker was the pick for HD was that it was easy; the textures and models still look good. Twilight Princess needs a texture update for this decade and Skyward Sword is too tied to the wiimote.

I don't expect it, but I'm really pumped for a Skyward Sword remake after listening to this: https://youtu.be/zlkIUmn5USg Like, seriously, I want Nintendo to hire these people and have their sound directors work with them to do a full orchestral remaster of the soundtrack as well as the textures. It'll never happen, but damn would that be good! And the obligatory 1080p with a hero mode.

According to Aonuma, it was because they felt the HD textures and graphics improved Wind Waker the most, though you do at least have a point in that Twilight Princess would take longer due to need more updates.

Also, you are aware Skyward Sword already has an orchestral soundtrack, right? Just making sure. Doesn't mean anything to your point, just curious.

iKhan

IMO, SS's art style makes an HD remaster (not a remake, Mario 64 DS is a remake) kind of pointless. The idea of SS's style (aside from trying to tonally match the game), was to blur details and backgrounds in the style itself to compensate for the Wii's power.

HD would just make the smears higher res.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

I'll say it again: New Golden Sun (that doesn't suck like DD)

UGXwolf

Just wanna throw this out here because it's semi-relevant given @iKhan's previous statement. Remakes require that the game was remade from the ground up, but aside from this the game is largely the same, usually enhanced to take advantage of a new system.. As far as I'm aware, OoT and MM are remakes. Remasters don't start from scratch. They take and improve upon the base game, often pulling assets and such straight from the original. I believe WW was a remaster and yeah, SS would definitely be a remaster. A port is where you don't even change the base game beyond functioning on a new piece of hardware. TP was a port. Then you have the ever uncommon redo (redux, redeux, people like to get fancy) where rather than remaking the game, the make a new game and say "this is what it was supposed to be." I believe Metroid Zero Mission falls under that category, as would Ura Zelda, if that had ever been a thing... wait... Ura... Zelda... Zelda U... OH MY G- shot

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

Then you have the ever uncommon redo (redux, redeux, people like to get fancy) where rather than remaking the game, the make a new game and say "this is what it was supposed to be." I believe Metroid Zero Mission falls under that category, as would Ura Zelda, if that had ever been a thing... wait... Ura... Zelda... Zelda U... OH MY G- shot

I don't think I've ever seen anything that changes the game nearly as much as Zero Mission, it's practically a completely different game. I kinda wish they'd take that approach with Kanto in Pokemon. Like the original Metroid, Kanto is very simple and shallow thanks to technical limitations and needs to be fleshed out in a lot of areas that they didn't in FRLG and HGSS (area design is still complete crap, the Kanto Dex is the least balanced regional dex in the series, the storyline is practically nonexistent) for it to feel remotely modern.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Okapi

"Wishes", huh?
Well then...

1.) The Legendary Starfy 2 for the Wii U (Will never happen, but would be the best thing ever)
2.) Paper Mario TYD Remake on the Wii U
3.) New Animal Crossing for Wii U
4.) New DLC character for Smash
5.) New F-Zero (Just so everyone would shut up about it)

Edited on by Okapi

Okapi

Haru17

UGXwolf wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I don't expect it, but I'm really pumped for a Skyward Sword remake after listening to this: https://youtu.be/zlkIUmn5USg Like, seriously, I want Nintendo to hire these people and have their sound directors work with them to do a full orchestral remaster of the soundtrack as well as the textures. It'll never happen, but damn would that be good! And the obligatory 1080p with a hero mode.

According to Aonuma, it was because they felt the HD textures and graphics improved Wind Waker the most, though you do at least have a point in that Twilight Princess would take longer due to need more updates.

Also, you are aware Skyward Sword already has an orchestral soundtrack, right? Just making sure. Doesn't mean anything to your point, just curious.

I really shouldn't write late at night... I meant to say Twilight Princess remake. That link is the fan orchestrated soundtrack for that game and it sounds amazing.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SuperWiiU

I recently finished TP and I agree it could use a HD remake. The game looks dated for a Wii(Gamecube) game, and it could really use a remake on a console with controller that has a second analog stick for camera controls. But since you can play the original on Wii U, a remake would be better served on a future Nintendo console. That fanchestral soundtrack sounds pretty good from the few minutes I checked it out. That should definitely be featured too.

UGXwolf

ZREO is all kinds of awesome. I've been listening to them for years. Definitely check them out, if you get the chance! Beautiful music from games that seem more beautiful in hindsight when listening to ZREO's redos.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.