Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 541 to 560 of 776

Starmantra2000

I'm surprised everyone is only asking for a new metroid, a new mario . . . a new 'insert console franchise' - Yeah, I want those too. But I'd rather have an experience with an existing IP which I haven't had before with previous generations.

I want Nintendo to FINALLY announce a REAL Pokemon game for the Wii U. Not an isometric half baked console rpg, not a stadium game that requires a 3DS and other games to play, not a Pokemon snap game I'll only play for 2 weeks, not a rumble game and not a fighting game spinoff like Pokken Fighters. But a mainline Pokemon game, a 3D adventure in a large world with the original 151 Pokemon - with social areas and hubs that take advantage of online features where you can battle and trade with other trainers. Also the ability to explore the world in parties.

Now that would be epic.

Nintendo could even release 151 Pokemon Amiibo, and the game could have Amiibo support for those who choose to use it.

Then there's the reality that a mainline pokemon game like that has far more potential to sell systems than any other conceivable title. And the fact we've wanted that game for about 15 years . . .

If I was responsible for a struggling system like the Wii U, that's the obvious game I'd get made, that's the game I'd show at E3.

Starmantra2000

iKhan

@Starmantra2000

If you look at where Pokemon franchise has gone over it's history, that's not happening. Gamefreak doesn't see Pokemon as a true RPG with an adventure component (at least not anymore). They see it as a "my first RPG" for kids, and a battle simulator for older players. With that vision for the series, it's not going to get a console entry like you explain.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

IceClimbers

Starmantra2000 wrote:

I'm surprised everyone is only asking for a new metroid, a new mario . . . a new 'insert console franchise' - Yeah, I want those too. But I'd rather have an experience with an existing IP which I haven't had before with previous generations.

I want Nintendo to FINALLY announce a REAL Pokemon game for the Wii U. Not an isometric half baked console rpg, not a stadium game that requires a 3DS and other games to play, not a Pokemon snap game I'll only play for 2 weeks, not a rumble game and not a fighting game spinoff like Pokken Fighters. But a mainline Pokemon game, a 3D adventure in a large world with the original 151 Pokemon - with social areas and hubs that take advantage of online features where you can battle and trade with other trainers. Also the ability to explore the world in parties.

Now that would be epic.

Nintendo could even release 151 Pokemon Amiibo, and the game could have Amiibo support for those who choose to use it.

Then there's the reality that a mainline pokemon game like that has far more potential to sell systems than any other conceivable title. And the fact we've wanted that game for about 15 years . . .

If I was responsible for a struggling system like the Wii U, that's the obvious game I'd get made, that's the game I'd show at E3.

Think long term. Releasing a mainline Pokemon game on a console would be the worst decision Nintendo could make. It'd kill the franchise's power to sell Nintendo's handhelds like no other. Look at Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Too many people are refusing to buy it until it comes to Wii U. People would do the same with Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

Starmantra2000 wrote:

Now that would be epic.

Think long term. Releasing a mainline Pokemon game on a console would be the worst decision Nintendo could make. It'd kill the franchise's power to sell Nintendo's handhelds like no other. Look at Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Too many people are refusing to buy it until it comes to Wii U. People would do the same with Pokemon.

Yeah, but would that be a bad thing? Pokemon is basically the CoD of Nintendo handhelds.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

IceClimbers

@iKhan Yes, it would be a bad thing. Just because the Wii U is failing doesn't mean you deal a massive blow to your successful line of handhelds by robbing it of it's biggest exclusive.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

You guys are missing a far more important point. That isn't Nintendo's decision to make in the first place. Nintendo doesn't even come close to calling the shots on Pokemon titles.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

crimsoncavalier

UGXwolf wrote:

You guys are missing a far more important point. That isn't Nintendo's decision to make in the first place. Nintendo doesn't even come close to calling the shots on Pokemon titles.

I thought Nintendo owned the actual Pokemon trademark, even though they share copyrights with GameFreak and Creatures.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Bolt_Strike

crimsoncavalier wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I thought Nintendo owned the actual Pokemon trademark, even though they share copyrights with GameFreak and Creatures.

The Pokemon Company owns the trademark, Nintendo, TPC, and Game Freak all own 1/3 of the share in the video game series.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Sportsfan1712

1. Star fox info
2. New metered game
3. AMIIBO RESTOCK PLEASE (online amiibo store)
4. Nintendos iPhone games footage
5. Mario Baesball U

Sup

TOUGHDUDE94

What I Think will happen

-------------------------------------------------3DS--------------------------------------------------------------

01.F-zero 3D for 3DS with cross play on Wii U
02.Mario Kart 7 DLC and Amiibo compatibility.
03.SNES 3D classics with 3D Super Mario World, 3D F-zero, 3D Super Mario World 2, 3D Super Mario Kart, 3D Kirby Dream Land 3 one every month.
04.GBA and other Virtual Console on 3DS with Super Mario Advance releasing after the show and free for June as part of Mario's 30th Year.
4B.with the 10 ambassador games coming first two every week
4C.Game Gear games one per. week, Sonic Spinball, Sonic chaos, Sega 4 in 1 pack, mega man, and 3 more games
4D.10 more Game Boy and Game Boy color games
4E.All square einx GB,GBC,NES games released also 3D Final Fantasy 1
5.Metriod 3D for 3DS

----------------------------------------------------WII U-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.F-zero HD with cross play with 3DS
2.F-zero GX remake
3.Metroid HD for Wii U
4.Animal Crossing U for Wii U
5.Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 HD collection

-----------------------------------------------------NEW 3DS-------------------------------------------------------------

1.Kriby Epic Yarn 3D
2.Kirby Dream Collection 3D

--------------------------------------------------OTHER----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.the first smartphone games for ios and android
2.club Nintendo replacement
3.Smash Bros. DLC

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

SuperWiiU

andrew20 wrote:

What I Think will happen

-------------------------------------------------3DS--------------------------------------------------------------

03.SNES 3D classics with 3D Super Mario World, 3D F-zero, 3D Super Mario World 2, 3D Super Mario Kart, 3D Kirby Dream Land 3 one every month.
04.GBA and other Virtual Console on 3DS with Super Mario Advance releasing after the show and free for June as part of Mario's 30th Year.
4C.Game Gear games one per. week, Sonic Spinball, Sonic chaos, Sega 4 in 1 pack, mega man, and 3 more games
5.Metriod 3D for 3DS

----------------------------------------------------WII U-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2.F-zero GX remake
3.Metroid HD for Wii U

-----------------------------------------------------NEW 3DS-------------------------------------------------------------

1.Kriby Epic Yarn 3D

--------------------------------------------------OTHER----------------------------------------------------------------------

3.Smash Bros. DLC

Wow, you're very, very F-Zero optimistic.

Grumblevolcano

SuperWiiU wrote:

andrew20 wrote:

What I Think will happen

5.Metriod 3D for 3DS

2.F-zero GX remake
3.Metroid HD for Wii U

1.Kriby Epic Yarn 3D

3.Smash Bros. DLC

Wow, you're very, very F-Zero optimistic.

I don't even think that's the least likely stuff. Mario Kart 7 DLC and amiibo support is imo (why would they support MK7 with DLC when they could put that effort into more MK8 DLC).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ricklongo

Bolt_Strike wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

The Pokemon Company owns the trademark, Nintendo, TPC, and Game Freak all own 1/3 of the share in the video game series.

Isn't the Pokémon Company partly owned by Nintendo itself, though?

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

UGXwolf

ricklongo wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Isn't the Pokémon Company partly owned by Nintendo itself, though?

Not to my knowledge. Lemme go check on that.

EDIT: No. The Poke'mon Company is an entity all of its own and owns all the rights to the Poke'mon franchise. Nintendo helps with the games, but Game Freak is the actual developer, so in reality, it's just a franchise that's exclusive to Nintendo systems and has little else to do with Nintendo. Funny that. Smash was never all 1st party characters! Even 64 had a couple 2nd parties in the roster!

Edited on by UGXwolf

iKhan

^The Pokemon Company is split 3 ways between Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures Inc. What percent is owned by whom is something I don't know, but if you look at the credits of any Pokemon game, you will see those 3 names in the copyright.

Since Nintendo owns Creatures Inc, they likely have a controlling % of the IP.

UGXwolf

According to the Wiki page, The Ponemon Company isn't owned by any of those three, just affiliated with them.

iKhan

UGXwolf wrote:

According to the Wiki page, The Ponemon Company isn't owned by any of those three, just affiliated with them.

It says right on the Wiki Owner- Nintendo, Parent-Nintendo

Reznor52

For me personally, I'd love to see a new(for wii u):
Animal Crossing
Metriod Prime
Pokemon RPG
F-Zero
Mario Golf or a hot shot golf game.
I know that fives but, a new full, 3d adventure Mario game. Like a Mario 64 or sunshine but a next gen version of those.

Reznor52

GTWarrior77

What would I like to see at E3? Well....

Animal Crossing Wii U announcement: release holiday 2015
Star Fox
Something totally out of left field like Wario Land or Punch Out
Mario Golf
More Mario Kart DLC

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

Inkling

GTWarrior77 wrote:

Something totally out of left field like Wario Land or Punch Out

Wario World 2. The first game was amazing.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.