Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 521 to 540 of 776

UGXwolf

I don't think whatever Retro is working on will be out this year, anyways. Could be, but I just don't feel like it will be.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

kkslider5552000

UGXwolf wrote:

In terms of Metroid, how about not an FPS? I mean, sure, they could, but I don't feel like Metroid benefits as much from First Person.

Even if you think that, that would mean that no 3D game has ever properly captured what a 2D Metroid game is like (or if they have, I've certainly not played it).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bolt_Strike

As far as a third person 3D Metroid, I don't think it would work as well because you would have to worry about orienting the camera, which makes aiming more complicated. A lot of Prime's unique gameplay elements also feel better suited to a first person perspective.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

Bolt_Strike wrote:

As far as a third person 3D Metroid, I don't think it would work as well because you would have to worry about orienting the camera, which makes aiming more complicated. A lot of Prime's unique gameplay elements also feel better suited to a first person perspective.

It's also a lot more atmospheric behind Samus' visor. Just think of all of the effects they could do on next gen; fog, blood splatter, water droplets, some kind of hexagonal holographic overlay. It could look really cool.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

briwipdx

pokemon Z or U
more FE x SMT
StarFox U
mario RPG or mario Warriors
kid icarus U

briwipdx

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9842-2514 | Nintendo Network ID: briwipdx

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

It's also a lot more atmospheric behind Samus' visor. Just think of all of the effects they could do on next gen; fog, blood splatter, water droplets, some kind of hexagonal holographic overlay. It could look really cool.

Metroid Prime's visor effects like when getting out of water were legit MIND BLOWING in 2002. They're still cool now.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Metroid Prime's visor effects like when getting out of water were legit MIND BLOWING in 2002. They're still cool now.

Here's my mental calculation: next gen + 1080p = X. Where X = Y, X = shinier effects, and Y = SWAG.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

GrailUK

1. Capcom Vs Nintendo (Capcom) - Wii U needs a super street fighter type game.
2. Vanquish + Vanquish 2 (PlatinumGames) - Wii U needs a Gears of War type game.
3. Metroid Prime: Hunters (Nintendo)
4. Star Fox: Duck Season (Nintendo)
5. Outrun 2015: Road Trip (Sega)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK wrote:

1. Capcom Vs Nintendo (Capcom) - Wii U needs a super street fighter type game.
2. Vanquish + Vanquish 2 (PlatinumGames) - Wii U needs a Gears of War type game.
3. Metroid Prime: Hunters (Nintendo)
4. Star Fox: Duck Season (Nintendo)
5. Outrun 2015: Road Trip (Sega)

Pretty sure that'll happen before E3 unless you mean a HD/3D remake. DS for Wii U VC makes it likely to appear on Wii U with no upgrades.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

1. Paper Mario. Keep the writing sharp and witty and funny, keep the graphics smooth and lots of references to the Mario universe and I think this would be a great game for those cold winter nights.
2. FZero U. A FZero GX remake with HD graphics and some fine tuning. Online multiplayer essential.
3. Wave Race U. Beautiful graphics, great physics engine and a relaxed tropical sunny feel.
4. Any Mario sports game. Id like to see basketball get a chance on consoles but baseball would be a good second choice but I'd buy any sport.
5. Tetris U. A complete collection of the different modes and ideas over the years and the ability to switch to the various graphical styles that have been used. Online multiplayer a must as well as local.

6... I know it says only 5 but as a bonus I'd like to see a good steady stream of eshop and VC content to help fill in time between big releases.

bluemage1989

Blast

I think Mega Man Wii U is really gonna happen. The guy is being treated like a friend to Nintendo now. There's Mega Man costumes in Smash and Mario Kart 8 coming. I just think its building up to something.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Icarus423

I just really want a Metroid title. It would be awesome if they were working on a 3d one for the Wii U and a 2d side scroller for the 3ds at the same time.

Icarus423

Nintendo Network ID: Icarus423

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

I think Mega Man Wii U is really gonna happen. The guy is being treated like a friend to Nintendo now. There's Mega Man costumes in Smash and Mario Kart 8 coming. I just think its building up to something.

Look at Sonic, and then think about it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Cheesehead302

Well I guess considering the recent news Zelda U is considered a wish.

Cheesehead302

Blast

TingLz wrote:

Blast wrote:

? Hm? Whatcha mean? Hahahaha I'm feeling very dumb right now so bear with me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SuperWiiU

Blast wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Blast wrote:

? Hm? Whatcha mean? Hahahaha I'm feeling very dumb right now so bear with me.

I think it's because Sonic was treated as a friend of Nintendo and got some weak games. But if Capcom outsourced Megaman U to Retro studios or another capable studio I would welcome it. Sonic was outsourced to a beginner studio under high pressure and wasn't always handled well in Sega's own studio as well.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

nitrolink

My Wii U Wishlist:
1. Metroid
2. Any racing game (F-Zero, Wave Race, Excitebike, etc.)
3. Kid Icarus
4. Luigi's Mansion

I basically want anything new that doesn't involve the Mushroom Kingdom, Pokemon, or Kirby (Luigi's Mansion is my exception.) I'm mostly excited to see what Next Level Games and Retro Studios are making.

nitrolink

TheKingOfTown

1. Meme Run 2
2. Call of Duty Nintendo exclusive
3. Mario series cancelled forever
4. Nintendo gets bought by Microsoft
5. Microsoft then gets bought by Disney

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Akio314

1. Mighty No 9. Wii U extras
2. Splatoon DLC Adventure
3. Mario Maker
4. F-Zero
5. Pokken Fighters

Akio314

Twitter:

ricklongo

TingLz wrote:

Blast wrote:

Two vastly different franchises when it comes to overall quality of their lifetime outputs.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.