Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 481 to 500 of 776

Octane

Even if there is someone to blame, I don't think it's Team Ninja. Last time I checked Nintendo published the game.

Octane

shingi_70

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Sooo teary-eyed baby mama Samus who need's her man's permission for self defense? Yah, no. You can voice Samus, but you have to do it in a way that isn't sexist, either politically or with regards to underlying gender roles. Samus does not follow gender roles because Samus is a SPACE &#%^$!@ BADASS who don't need no man.

That's not the thing. The Galactic Federation was doing its thing on the Bottle Ship, I don't think Samus had a lot of choice other than work with the proposed rules set by Adam. Not because he is the opposite gender, but because it's in her interest not to get in trouble with the Galactic Federation.

Whilst it doesn't make much sense for her to put herself in danger and not use certain weapons, it makes equally less sense to loose all her weapons and abilities again, during her arrival at the Bottle Ship. Just for her to find her weapons again scattered throughout the ship.

When it comes to logic, every game is flawed.

There's really no way you can defend the whole Adam situation. It just didn't make sense narratively that Samsus wouldn't use her whole Arsenal. She's also a Bounty Hunter and shouldn't follow the same rules.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

luisesteban

shingi_70 wrote:

There's really no way you can defend the whole Adam situation. It just didn't make sense narratively that Samsus wouldn't use her whole Arsenal. She's also a Bounty Hunter and shouldn't follow the same rules.

As we say before, that history has holes, like most of games. This a better way than in the spaceship you found chozo statues scattered here and there. Is Samus use her's whole arsenal, there would be no game, no progress, been prepared for the final boss at the start of the game.

And well, Adam was a father figure for Samus.

luisesteban

LzWinky

I'm not a Metroid fan, but I read enough arguments. It doesn't make sense. Even if Adam was a "father figure," there was no reason for him to be sending her on suicide missions...for no reason. It's redundant yes, but my point is that it was senseless.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

I think we can all agree that canon or not, Team Ninja still made something none of us can completely agree with. And @Haru17 The reason I can't site evidence in said games is because there isn't any for either side of the argument. Other M takes place in an environment far removed from any other Metroid game. Because of this, there can be no major hint drop on how she acts around other people.

As for the motherly bit, you can downplay the baby metroid all you want, but it was intended as a mother-son bond. You, yourself, pointed out that she kills all other hostile aliens she encounters, so why not this one? Despite the Metroid's reputation, she doesn't kill this one and it adopts her as a mother. The only reason it doesn't seem like a motherly bond is because 2D Metroid games have fallen flat on their face in terms of conveying meaningful emotion.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

luisesteban

TingLz wrote:

there was no reason for him to be sending her on suicide missions...

Space station....bombs...missiles....caboom....everybody dead. He authorized those items when there were no other option.

Again, is a game, is Samus use all they items since the beggining of the game, well, is no game at all.

Any way, Adam is dead, so in a new game there would be short options to see him again.

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

Joeynator3000

Also, I'm pretty sure Adam sent Samus on those missions because she's Samus. lol
They obviously know each other very well.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Octane

shingi_70 wrote:

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Sooo teary-eyed baby mama Samus who need's her man's permission for self defense? Yah, no. You can voice Samus, but you have to do it in a way that isn't sexist, either politically or with regards to underlying gender roles. Samus does not follow gender roles because Samus is a SPACE &#%^$!@ BADASS who don't need no man.

That's not the thing. The Galactic Federation was doing its thing on the Bottle Ship, I don't think Samus had a lot of choice other than work with the proposed rules set by Adam. Not because he is the opposite gender, but because it's in her interest not to get in trouble with the Galactic Federation.

Whilst it doesn't make much sense for her to put herself in danger and not use certain weapons, it makes equally less sense to loose all her weapons and abilities again, during her arrival at the Bottle Ship. Just for her to find her weapons again scattered throughout the ship.

When it comes to logic, every game is flawed.

As @luisesteban already said, of course it's possible for her to use her whole arsenal, but then there would've been no progress in the game. I think the problem, for some, is the way progress was presented in Other M. Finding your items scattered around is one way to do it, but that doesn't really make sense either if you think about it. Plus there's no character to blame, in Other M, there's Adam to blame for it all.

I mean, what else would you want to have happened? You want Samus to lose all of her equipment, just for her to find them scattered throughout the Bottle Ship at randomly convenient places? I didn't have a problem with the progress system present in Other M, to me it made sense.

Octane

kyuubikid213

This topic's taken yet another turn...might as well take advantage of it.

I like Metroid: Other M. I don't see how it's sexist (because it's not) and I don't see how it's a bad game (because it's not). Is it a good Metroid game? Personally, I think it fits well with the 2D Metroid titles. Perhaps a sub-par Metroid game, but not a bad game. The controls work, the game looks polished, it's not buggy or glitchy, the sound design is good, the gameplay is fun and fast-paced, and the story is serviceable. In my honest opinion, the only reason this game garners as much hate as it does is because the "Metroid" title is on it. If it was called Space Hunter: Bottle Ship Chronicles or something, we'd be praising it as a hidden gem of the Wii library.

And that's all I have to say on that subject...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

dumedum

kyuubikid213 wrote:

The controls work,

Correction: the controls are amazing. It is so fun switching the remote between a sideways controller and a first person view. That is uncanny and futuristic and one of the best ideas I've ever seen.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Joeynator3000

dumedum wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

The controls work,

Correction: the controls are amazing. It is so fun switching the remote between a sideways controller and a first person view. That is uncanny and futuristic and one of the best ideas I've ever seen.

Those pixel finding sections are irritating though, that's the only real issue I have with that game. lol (some of them were ok/creepy, but...ugh, most of them were pointless, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Bolt_Strike

Revised E3 predictions after this announcement:

Star Fox
Devil's Third
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Maker
Warioware 3DS
Yokai Watch localization
Rodea the Sky Soldier localization
Animal Crossing U
Fire Emblem If
SMT X FE
Paper Mario U
maybe Metroid

Something like that, that'd be about right for a 2015 focused E3, if a little light (they could probably squeeze another gamer or two in there).

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

luisesteban

This must be the year for Metroid!

luisesteban

SuperWiiU

SuperWiiU wrote:

Stupid me. Thanks to Ralizah for reminding me that Fatal Frame V localization should be in my top 5.

Updated my list is:

• Gamepad as classic controller support in Wii mode.
  • Any new firstparty 3D platformer (not isometric)
  • SMTxFE release dates
  • F-Zero U announcement
  • Fatal Frame V location & release dates

Two down, three to go. Many people though SMTxFE was cancelled and FFV wouldn't come to the West, so now I'm really optimistic for the other three too.

iKhan

luisesteban wrote:

Don't get your hopes up. If it's from Retro, it's barely been a year since DKCTF. Even if it's not from Retro, Miyamoto was asked about Metroid last year and he basically said they are in planning stages.

The BEST case scenario for Metroid is a tiny teaser this year with holiday 2016 release date, then a delay to 2017 because Nintendo and conflict with Zelda.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

SuperWiiU

iKhan wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Don't get your hopes up. If it's from Retro, it's barely been a year since DKCTF. Even if it's not from Retro, Miyamoto was asked about Metroid last year and he basically said they are in planning stages.

The BEST case scenario for Metroid is a tiny teaser this year with holiday 2016 release date, then a delay to 2017 because Nintendo and conflict with Zelda.

It's a 2D Metroid made with the DKC:TF engine to save time and it's out holiday 2015.

Bolt_Strike

SuperWiiU wrote:

It's a 2D Metroid made with the DKC:TF engine to save time and it's out holiday 2015.

Nah, we need Prime, Prime can do a lot with the Gamepad. We also need a 2D game, but they can make that for 3DS. So help me if Prime skips the Wii U, I will never forgive Nintendo. And really it should've been an early Wii U game, not a late or even non-existent one.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Faruko

1. New Retro Studios game
2. New Mario Strikers WiiU with awesome online (maybe even something like Pro clubs so you can get a team of 5v5)
3. Some GC/Wii ports to the N3DS to fill up some gaps
4. New Advance Wars (haha, yeah right...)
5. Revive some of its older franchise, like Eternal Darksness for the WiiU.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.