Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 401 to 420 of 776

Blast

Kid Icarus: Uprising is wayyy too amazing and needs to come back in some form. Gawd, I hope the potential for that series doesn't die. F-Zero, Golden Sun, Mother Series, Metroid, Ice Climbers, and a few others... Please come back.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Okay, so I've been looking at some of the possible development studios that could potentially have something to show this year. First of all, we know Retro and Next Level are working on something, and they haven't had a release since 2013, so they're in a good position to show something off. Intelligent Systems I noticed had a hand in a lot of projects, several of which are in the same year, so even though they're working on 1 or 2 Fire Emblem games, they could have something else to show off as well. As for Nintendo's internal studios, this is where each of them stand:

EAD Group 1 doesn't work on a lot of games, mainly just Mario Kart and Nintendogs. We're probably not going to see anything from them until next gen.
EAD Group 2 is working on Splatoon, but their games release fairly quickly, so they could have something else to show off.
EAD Group 3 is working on Zelda, so unless they have a 3DS game to show off, we're not hearing from them.
EAD Group 4 is working on Mario Maker, I doubt they have anything else to show.
EAD Group 5 is already working on Star Fox, Project Giant Robot, and Project Guard. Probably not going to see anything else from them.
EAD Tokyo Group 1 helped with Majora's Mask 3D, but they could have something else.
EAD Tokyo Group 2 claims to be working on a new core Mario game (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-confirms-work-has-begun-on-the-next-core-mario-game-but-won-t-say-if-it-s-for-wii-u-or-3ds/1100-6418850/), but it's not coming in 2015, so we'll probably see that next year.
SPD Group 1 hasn't worked on anything since 2013, they probably have something to show off.
SPD Group 2 mainly just collaborates with other studios, and they're busy with XCX and Devil's Third, so they're probably not working on anything else.
SPD Group 3 helps out with several projects, but none since 2014 (the last one was Tropical Freeze). They could possibly be working on 1 or 2 games.
SPD Group 4 just finished Mario Party 10, but most of the projects they work on (Wii Party, Donkey Kong) aren't likely to show up. They may not show anything off.

So that should give us an idea of how many games we could see this year and what IPs they're probably working on, which looks something like this:

Retro & SPD Group 3- either Metroid or some kind of surprise game
Next Level- either Luigi's Mansion or some kind of surprise game
EAD Group 2- Animal Crossing
EAD Tokyo Group 1- ???
SPD Group 1- Warioware 3DS
Intelligent Systems & SPD Group 3- In addition to Fire Emblem, they could be working on Paper Mario

I'm not sure if all of these games will come out this year since many of these studios release games every 1-2 years , but based on what they've worked on in the past I'm reasonably certain that's what's being worked on now.

Any dev studios I'm forgetting?

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

^Technically you forgot Monster Games, but they mostly do ports nowadays. You also forgot NST, but they mostly do Mario and DK.

I highly doubt Retro will be ready yet, but I definitely think we could see something from Next Level. Tokyo Group 1 mostly does apps and assists with the Zelda ports (at least ever since Koizumi got promoted)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

One of the SPD groups is also working on Woolly World, but I can't find which one.

@iKhan NST probably isn't working on anything right now seeing as they just finished Mario vs. DK Tipping Stars.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Blast

Wait... Wait... What about Golden Sun? Mother Series? Are those studios dead or what?!

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

I wouldn't be hopeful about Mother. The creator said in the past that he's done with the series.

I'm not sure about Golden Sun. We haven't seen much from Camelot since Dark Dawn, and I hope they make one since DD ended on a cliffhanger (and for Pete's sake make this one good)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Joeynator3000

TingLz wrote:

Sakurai also just finished Smash. I doubt he'll have anything to show at e3 anyway

Well sorta, he's still dealing with the big updates like the Miiverse stage as well as Mewtwo. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Bolt_Strike

Blast wrote:

Wait... Wait... What about Golden Sun? Mother Series? Are those studios dead or what?!

Golden Sun is developed by a second party named Camelot Software Planning and they release games roughly every 2 years. In addition to Golden Sun, they also work on Mario Golf and Mario Tennis. Their last game was Mario Golf: World Tour in 2014, so their next game probably isn't going to be until 2016. They could be working on Golden Sun, but they also could be working on Mario Golf or Mario Tennis on Wii U.

Mother's been worked on by a variety of different developers, one being one of Nintendo's internal teams. Most commonly, it was developed by Ape Inc, which became Creatures Inc which is one of the companies that has shares in Pokemon. Nowadays they've mainly been working on Pokemon spinoffs like Ranger and Pokepark, and they haven't developed anything since 2011 (Pokepark 2). Pokemon's spinoffs have been trending more casual lately, so I doubt that they're working on either of these, so it's hard to guess what they're doing. As for the Mother series, IDK who would bring it back. Maybe if one of the second parties wants to work on it, then we'll see it again.

Bolt_Strike

LzWinky

Even more reason for no game from him

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Blast wrote:

Golden Sun is developed by a second party named Camelot Software Planning and they release games roughly every 2 years. In addition to Golden Sun, they also work on Mario Golf and Mario Tennis. Their last game was Mario Golf: World Tour in 2014, so their next game probably isn't going to be until 2016. They could be working on Golden Sun, but they also could be working on Mario Golf or Mario Tennis on Wii U.

Mother's been worked on by a variety of different developers, one being one of Nintendo's internal teams. Most commonly, it was developed by Ape Inc, which became Creatures Inc which is one of the companies that has shares in Pokemon. Nowadays they've mainly been working on Pokemon spinoffs like Ranger and Pokepark, and they haven't developed anything since 2011 (Pokepark 2). Pokemon's spinoffs have been trending more casual lately, so I doubt that they're working on either of these, so it's hard to guess what they're doing. As for the Mother series, IDK who would bring it back. Maybe if one of the second parties wants to work on it, then we'll see it again.

I'll take a new Golden Sun or Mother. Two amazing turn based series that need to come back. Fire Emblem is cool but I like Golden Sun and Mother more.

Master of the Hype Train

Arminillo

Blast wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'll take a new Golden Sun or Mother. Two amazing turn based series that need to come back. Fire Emblem is cool but I like Golden Sun and Mother more.

Golden Sun 3 mightve put that series on hold for the time being.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

shingi_70

Mother probably won't come back with Ito. At best we might get a remake of the trilogy for the 3DS or Wii U.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Nintenbomba128

Sanya wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Sakurai also just finished Smash. I doubt he'll have anything to show at e3 anyway

Well sorta, he's still dealing with the big updates like the Miiverse stage as well as Mewtwo. lol

he said that mewtwo was finished

Nintenbomba128

UGXwolf

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

Sanya wrote:

TingLz wrote:

He said that Mewtwo was basically finished.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shingi_70

UGXwolf wrote:

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

Sanya wrote:

TingLz wrote:

We also don't know how much he had a hand in the Mewtwo Miiverse development. If both were announced pre-launch its probably accurate that the work was down too the coders and he just came in to check on it every now and again.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

UGXwolf

shingi_70 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

Sanya wrote:

TingLz wrote:

We also don't know how much he had a hand in the Mewtwo Miiverse development. If both were announced pre-launch its probably accurate that the work was down too the coders and he just came in to check on it every now and again.

That's one possibility, but then again, this IS Sakurai we're talking about, here. He's a total control freak and likely would've been very hands on with testing and design supervision. I don't know. Considering this is the guy that worked 44-hour work days when he was working on Melee, I'd be surprised if he wasn't still very high strung about it.

Unrelated: People are aware that Mother is an art series and not intended in any way to draw the largest crowd or make the biggest profit, right? Because that's the reason we're not getting a new Mother. Have you seen the end of Mother 3? Without giving too much away, it seems like making a "Mother 4" would defeat the whole artistic message of that game. WITH giving away maybe a bit too much:

The ending almost emphasizes the whole point that the exact ending doesn't really matter. A big point of the whole story is, can you really say that one form of happiness is any better than another? It isn't fair to claim that one ending is better than another, and as the ending makes such a major point, it's almost blasphemous to make something that implies it comes afterwards.

Besides, we got Citizens of Earth. Isn't that close enough to a new Mother to count, given the circumstances?

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

BeevDawg

Star Fox Adventures 2
Metroid Prime 4
Next Pokemon
Amibo Update
A true 3D Mario like Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCebMlyCNMIIVuX-QVtCrMAw - YouTube

iKhan

Guys, 3D Metroid is definitely NOT happening this year. Look at Miyamoto's interview last year, he basically said that they were still in the planning stages for Metroid.

Retro will have only had a year and a half since Tropical Freeze.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

Guys, 3D Metroid is definitely NOT happening this year. Look at Miyamoto's interview last year, he basically said that they were still in the planning stages for Metroid.

Retro will have only had a year and a half since Tropical Freeze.

A small teaser trailer would be incredibly hype, though. Just a small teaser of Samus running to a Wii U logo would cause the Internet to burn.

Master of the Hype Train

DefHalan

1. More Star Fox info, maybe actually seeing the Characters... what were 2-5? lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.