Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 101 to 120 of 776

DefHalan

Spoony_Tech wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

jariw wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

3D Platformer where you control both Ice Climbers at the same time (or 2 player Co-Op) with destruction being a key mechanic.

Sounds like some of the Captain Toad levels, but without the destruction.

I was more thinking like 3D World but with each Analog Stick controlling each Ice Climber Separately. Maybe throw in a mechanic where you can throw a rope to each other to save you, almost like what I have seen in Chariot.

Now it sounds like Animal Crossing in Nintendo Land.

That is where my idea came from lol, but I was thinking the 3D World Engine would be a god fit also.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

Duck Hunt the game a 3D platformer in the vain of Banjo/Mario 64 where you play as the Dog and Duck teaming up in an adventure in the forest.

Ice Climbers would make for a nice all ages survival games, where you start in the wilderness and build resources as you try to make it to the end of each level.

A more serious prediction is I bet we see Steel Diver Sub Wars announced to get a Wii U port. The game has a dedicated fanbase and it being F2P is just enough that it won't push into Splatoon too much.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

jariw wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

3D Platformer where you control both Ice Climbers at the same time (or 2 player Co-Op) with destruction being a key mechanic.

I was more thinking like 3D World but with each Analog Stick controlling each Ice Climber Separately. Maybe throw in a mechanic where you can throw a rope to each other to save you, almost like what I have seen in Chariot.

Spoke too soon. That sounds awful IMO. IMO Modern Ice Climbers should follow a more traditional 3D platformer formula with a focus on verticality.

IMO controlling different characters with different analog sticks is horrible. I'd rather Nana be AI in single player and P2 in multiplayer.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Justlink

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

jariw wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Spoke too soon. That sounds awful IMO. IMO Modern Ice Climbers should follow a more traditional 3D platformer formula with a focus on verticality.

IMO controlling different characters with different analog sticks is horrible. I'd rather Nana be AI in single player and P2 in multiplayer.

Or be able to switch between them, like one having a different ability over the other?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

skywake

iKhan wrote:

yeah, that'd never work. what a horrible idea..........

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

iKhan

skywake wrote:

iKhan wrote:

yeah, that'd never work. what a horrible idea..........

I haven't played it, but the idea just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It just seems like it would give me "rub belly pat head" syndrome of sorts. I generally don't play many games that use a right stick anyway (or as in the case of Wind Waker, the camera is good enough that I never use it)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

skywake

@iKhan
To be fair I haven't played it either but I did think it was a pretty interesting idea. And done well enough to gain a fair bit of attention to, so clearly not a bad enough idea that you should just ignore it outright. That said personally I dislike the original Ice Climbers enough that they'd need to do quite a lot to get me interested in any new version of it. I'd much rather them come up with some new IP like Splatoon or if they are going to revive something revive something that's actually interesting. I reckon the Kid Icarus universe has a heap more to offer for a start.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

skywake wrote:

I reckon the Kid Icarus universe has a heap more to offer for a start.

Speaking of which, it is pretty awesome how Sakurai took a series that had very little to go off of and create a game that expanded the universe so much that there's now so many things they could do with the franchise. I'd take a spin off game focusing on Magnus - could have an emotional story to it too and still have the Kid Icarus humor from Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers wrote:

skywake wrote:

Speaking of which, it is pretty awesome how Sakurai took a series that had very little to go off of and create a game that expanded the universe so much that there's now so many things they could do with the franchise. I'd take a spin off game focusing on Magnus - could have an emotional story to it too and still have the Kid Icarus humor from Uprising.

Not to forget of course that Smash Wii U creates some unanswered questions about its universe, Palutena's guidance for Dark Pit to be more precise.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

1. Mother 1 & 3 getting a western virtual console release.
2. New Wii U Metroid
3. New Pokemon Snap for either 3DS or Wii U
4. Yo-Kai Watch comfirmed for western release
5. Pokken Fighters for Wii U comfirmed

If Yo-Kai Watch doesn't count as Ninty then the virtual consoles to have Dreamcast, N64, NGC and Megadrive added to it.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ricklongo

Blast wrote:

Seriously... Mega Man Wii U needs to happen. Playing as him in Smash Bros. U really convinced me his model should be uses for another game.

Oh, definitely! This should probably retroactively make my top 5, too. I'd love a game with the feel of NES Mega Man titles, but with graphics following the Smash model.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Endriu7777

Wave Race
1080 Snowboarding
F-Zero U
Paper Mario, Mario RPG, Mario & Luigi
A new advance wars title
new Mario Sports games
Mario vs Donkey Kong U - gameplay footage
New IPs!!!!!
New Spin-off games
A new exclusive lego game would also be nice
HD-Remakes of older games...

Edited on by Endriu7777

Endriu7777

Bolt_Strike

Endriu7777 wrote:

Wave Race
1080 Snowboarding
F-Zero U
Paper Mario, Mario RPG, Mario & Luigi
A new advance wars title
new Mario Sports games
Mario vs Donkey Kong U - gameplay footage
New IPs!!!!!
New Spin-off games
A new exclusive lego game would also be nice
HD-Remakes of older games...

Someone doesn't know how to count to 5.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

New_3DaSh_XL

1. Kid Icarus 4
2. Wonderful 101 sequel or side story, I believe the producer said something about maybe a Wonder-Blue side story being possible.
3. Kid Icarus 4
4. F-Zero U
5. Kid Icarus 4

Honorable Mentions:

Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Something on Xenoblade Chronicles X if it isn't out by then
Kid Icarus 4
News on Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei
Kid Icarus 4
New Metroid game for either console
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Legend of Zelda U info if it isn't out yet
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

ReindeerDasher wrote:

1. Kid Icarus 4
2. Wonderful 101 sequel or side story, I believe the producer said something about maybe a Wonder-Blue side story being possible.
3. Kid Icarus 4
4. F-Zero U
5. Kid Icarus 4

Honorable Mentions:

Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4

What? No Kid Icarus 4?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

ReindeerDasher wrote:

1. Kid Icarus 4
3. Kid Icarus 4
4. F-Zero U
5. Kid Icarus 4

Honorable Mentions:

Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4
Kid Icarus 4

Kid Icarus 4 is going to be more like the Gameplay of the first 2

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

skywake wrote:

Not to forget of course that Smash Wii U creates some unanswered questions about its universe, Palutena's guidance for Dark Pit to be more precise.

That too. There's at least 3 games right there: a side game focusing on Dark Pit and Viridi (could also serve as a sequel with Pit as the main character and the conflict of interests with Dark Pit/Viridi being the main plotline), a spin off focusing on Magnus following the events of Uprising (the least interesting imo, but that's because it's a complete mystery), and a spin off that takes place before Uprising focusing on Magnus's backstory and the relationship between him and Gaol (this is the one that could have an emotional story).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Gamecubed

1. Metroid Wii U in the vein of the Prime trilogy and Metroid 3DS in the vein of Super Metroid and Fusion. Both with a targeted 2016 release to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the series.
2. Pokemon Wii U in the vein of Colosseum and Gale of Darkness
3. Nintendo resurrects some more dead-in-the-water/stuck in limbo games (Eternal Darkness successor comes to mind)
4. Kid Icarus Wii U
5. Some out-of-left-field new IP

Honourable Mentions/More Wishful Thinking/Whatever
F-Zero is at least mentioned
Kirby Air Ride 2
Bayonetta 3 is hinted at and/or a Bayonetta game/spin-off for the New 3DS
Mega Man game exclusive to 3DS/Wii U (or Nintendo announces the acquisition of the IP)
Fatal Frame V western release is announced

Gamecubed

WebHead

Really wonder what Next Level Games is working on.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198522

Been working on a top secret project since October 2012. Its now January 2015. Wii U or 3DS, we should see whatever they're working on by or at E3.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

WebHead wrote:

Really wonder what Next Level Games is working on.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198522

Been working on a top secret project since October 2012. Its now January 2015. Wii U or 3DS, we should see whatever they're working on by or at E3.

They're more suited for the 3ds if you ask me. Could be Metroid or anything really. Maybe even F-Zero.

Edit: Wait a second, didn't they do OOT remake for the 3ds? Didn't Nintendo say that Majoras Mask has been in development for like 3 years? I think we have our answer has to what they've been doing.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.