Forums

Topic: Your prediction on what square enix is working on for wii u.

Posts 101 to 117 of 117

SarcasticWisdom

Hitman U

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

CanisWolfred

Bankai wrote:

Star Ocean 3 is my favourite PS2 RPG after the three Final Fantasies.

You have yet to give me a reason that that game sucks beyond "IMO".

Why does that not surprise me? The only reason I haven't given any reasons are because there were too many to list. From the near broken combat (don't seriously get me started there, or else I'll be here all night), to the worst plot twists ever concieved by man, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about that game. It is flawed to it's very core, and you should be ashamed for actually liking it.

As for Final Fantasy VIII, Philosophy or not, there is some downright terrible writing in that game, and I could not understand anything that was going on for almost the entire game. That's all I need to call it bad. That's all a lot of people need to call it bad. Deal.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Star Ocean 3 is my favourite PS2 RPG after the three Final Fantasies.

You have yet to give me a reason that that game sucks beyond "IMO".

Why does that not surprise me? The only reason I haven't given any reasons are because there were too many to list. From the near broken combat (don't seriously get me started there, or else I'll be here all night), to the worst plot twists ever concieved by man, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about that game. It is flawed to it's very core, and you should be ashamed for actually liking it.

As for Final Fantasy VIII, Philosophy or not, there is some downright terrible writing in that game, and I could not understand anything that was going on for almost the entire game. That's all I need to call it bad. That's all a lot of people need to call it bad. Deal.

And yet you like Star Ocean 4's combat, which is almost the exact same thing...

Final Fantasy VIII made perfect sense. Given that you also have said you can't make sense of Miyazaki plots, I would suggest that you and I clearly look for different things in game stories.

Which is cool, but that doesn't change the fact that your opinion of FFVIII's story is opinion and not backed up with objective analysis. The game's story is coherent.

theblackdragon

Bankai wrote:

Reala wrote:

People that don't agree with some list originating in Japan are the minority? yay minority!!!

A list vs your unsubstantiated opinion. Guess which one is more likely to accurately reflect the opinions of the broad gaming community?

I like how a list originating from Japan (thus reflecting Japanese opinion) represents the 'majority' of the world's gaming community now...?

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Bankai wrote:

The game's story is coherent.

Which is your opinion, and nothing else, I might add.

Bankai wrote:

And yet you like Star Ocean 4's combat, which is almost the exact same thing...

MP still kills you, which sucks, other than that they fixed sooo much that, while not perfect, is still miles better than in 3.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SMEXIZELDAMAN

theblackdragon wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Reala wrote:

People that don't agree with some list originating in Japan are the minority? yay minority!!!

A list vs your unsubstantiated opinion. Guess which one is more likely to accurately reflect the opinions of the broad gaming community?

I like how a list originating from Japan (thus reflecting Japanese opinion) represents the 'majority' of the world's gaming community now...?

Japan is the gaming community. Without Japan there'd be no Nintendo. >:[ Heed what the Japanese say! HEEEEEEEEEED.... The voice echoes off the cavern walls and fades into murmurs and whispers as the plip plop of the water into the abyss continues on. heeeeeed.......
The quartet on Tingles goes back to counting his monstrous pile of rupees

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Shrapmo

FF8 is a great game!!! You crazy, silly people! Plus 9 is the best one out of all of them!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

Bankai

theblackdragon wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Reala wrote:

I never said 'majority,' I said 'broad gaming community.' Given the fact that the FFVIII characters are some of the more popular for fanfic and cosplay in the west, and given that Japan is the second largest market for games in the world, I don't see how anyone in their right mind can claim any definitive truth in saying 'these characters suck.'

Bankai

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

The game's story is coherent.

Which is your opinion, and nothing else, I might add.

I am more than happy to clarify for you whatever it is in that game that confuses you.

I suspect you won't like the answer, since you're to a fan of stories with deeper meaning or abstract ideas, but I can provide an answer.

Again there is nothing wrong with that, but what I am saying he is where you said "story sucks" you meant "story is not for me" there is a difference.

Edited on by Bankai

Reala

Bankai wrote:

Again there is nothing wrong with that, but what I am saying he is where you said "story sucks" you meant "story is not for me" there is a difference.

I kinda took that to mean that persons opinion, as they did type it doesn't really need a imo at the end to make that point, imo.

Reala

brooks83

I played through FFVIII to the end, although I almost shut the game off for good at the part in the story where you find out they [SPOILER:] all went to the same day care as kids.

brooks83

MAB

Yeah FF did go down rubbish street when they moved from Nintendo to Sony we don't need a website or a fact sheet to tell us that mate.

MAB

theblackdragon

Bankai wrote:

I never said 'majority,' I said 'broad gaming community.' Given the fact that the FFVIII characters are some of the more popular for fanfic and cosplay in the west, and given that Japan is the second largest market for games in the world, I don't see how anyone in their right mind can claim any definitive truth in saying 'these characters suck.'

(a) You used the idea of that list to welcome Reala 'to the minority'. How does that somehow not mean that you had meant the opinion of the persons used for that list to represent the 'majority'? I'm not following you there.
(b) Considering Fanfiction.net has about twice the FFVII fanfiction as FFVIII, your anecdotal evidence there may be a bit flawed. Since we're going anecdotal, though, you may also want to consider that some cosplayers choose characters just because they look pretty or their costumes are interesting. Looks aren't everything.
(c) Since when have 'truth' and 'opinion' ever gone smoothly hand-in-hand? Perhaps especially when a statement as subjective as 'i don't like this character' is involved; there are so many factors that can and do go into a personal impression of someone as a person or character it's not hard to imagine that perhaps there are people out there who disagree with whatever one person has to say. I can easily see how someone in their right mind can claim that a character 'sucks' without any provocation witnessed on my part. It's 'true' for them. Not my problem, and it's not yours either.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

PhoenixUltra

star ocean is one of the greatest rpg series. it needs to be on 3ds and wii u.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.