Forums

Topic: Your Prayers Answered? Nintendo May Be Considering Wii U "Rebrand."

Posts 101 to 118 of 118

e-love

The Stream name would sound too much like Valve's Steam gaming network.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Kyloctopus

I also like UNES (Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System)

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Vincent294

I like Wii U, but if they re-name it, they should go w/ Wii HD, because Wii U was about as good as it got, and Wii 2 or anything else sounds stupid.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

e-love

I don't like the Wii name in it. Literally everyone who isn't a complete Nintendo lover like myself thinks the Wii U is just an add on for the Wii, like the controller. Its too confusing for the average consumer. They need to be smart about how they name this, 3DS is a good and clever name in my opinion. Wii U isn't, how does the U part have anything to do with what the system is about? Nintendo needs a powerful name that will both attract the people who liked the Wii and people who didn't. That's why they can't include the Wii name in it, because it will just have the people who didn't like the Wii brush it off and not give it a chance.

e-love

I know NES to SNES worked, but that had the name Nintendo in it. Both names didn't exactly have their own unique name. Yes all systems are called "Nintendo" Gamecube, "Nintendo" Wii, etc. But those are different than NES and SNES. The naming of electronics is a lot different now than it used to be. Nintendo needs their next system to have a unique name specifically for the new system, otherwise people will just think of it as another Wii. Not to mention, it really doesn't help that the Wii U looks almost identical to the Wii, but that's an entirely different conversation.

Edited on by e-love

Vincent294

I think it's the preview that mixed everyone up. Some people think that that new brick is another re-designed Wii I guess...console re-design to distinguish itself?

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Retro_on_theGo

WaveBoy wrote:

Smitherenez wrote:

If Nintendo decides to go back to "SNES" brand, the full name should be: Super Nintendo Entertainment Stream

Super Wii(Which takes a sweet nostalgic stab at the SNES and makes thing a whole lot more fun)would be totaly awesome in my bookies.
Anything Stream related will make this the worst Nintendo Console name in history.

I don't want any name that would tempt teenage kids into making super crotch jokes about my console!

e-love

I mean, Stream was actually a rumored name for it before it was announced. And it DOES make sense. How game content is "streamed" to the Wii U controller and shown on the screen. I personally, just don't like the name. It doesn't sound very Nintendo to me.

Malkeor

We're all terrible name conjurers....I think we should let Nintendo decide

Side note, I actually don't have a problem with the Wii U name. If they can think of a better one though, I say go for it.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

Squiggle55

Less than 3 weeks til E3 now. Who thinks that Nintendo is actually going to change the name? I think (or maybe it's all hope) that they will change it. If they did that would be the highlight of E3 for me. I don't care what they change it to, as long as it isn't a pun.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

CrazyOtto

I hope Nintendo keeps the "Wii U" name in Japan and calls it the "Cafe" or the "Nintendo Cafe" in the rest of the world, or call it the "Wii Cafe" if they want to keep "Wii" in the title. "Cafe" sounds like a word that would do well with the adult audience. The "Dream Cafe" would be the best name ever if it wasn't only 2 letters away from "Dreamcast".

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Mercury9

Simply "Nintendo" or maybe NINTEHDO but with a stylised "N" that resembles a "H" that when placed next to the "D" looks like "HD"

Old franchises meets new, more powerful hardware. For Nintendo, this is something special. For me, it's like having the N64 all over again
But I like Nintendo's old console names. They are world famous! NES, SNES, N64, Wii etc. All so simple but so well known.

Once again, either just "Nintendo" or NINTEHDO.

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

BenAV

Doubtful that it'll change at all.
Doesn't really matter to me either way though.
I'm sure the console will be just as amazing no matter what the name is.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Kinioka

Wii 2 ,Nintendo U (NU:And you), or NHD. They usually come with great names, so... i just don't like Wii U.

Hallelujah.

Alexneon

I dont care about the name, all i want is a decent lineup of titles at launch, but knowing nintendo...sigh.

Nintendo Switch FC: 1403-81460918
Gamertag: Alexneon78
PSN ID: Alexneon_

Switch Friend Code: SW-1403-8146-0918 | My Nintendo: Alexneon

pkee

While I've got used to the name at this stage, Nintendo has had a tendency to change its home console system names drastically over the past few generations, and I don' understand why they would change this. It makes it easier to differentiate between consoles, like if you're suggesting a playstation game to someone, and you say it's on playstation that could mean it's on a number of consoles. Same with xbox. So I believe they should change the name, stick to a trend.

3DS Friend code: 1719 - 3164 - 9836

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.