Wii U Forum

Topic: Your opinions on Wii U so far

Showing 41 to 60 of 105

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CoffeeWithGames

41. Posted:

Big_L91 wrote:

yeah you can only play multiplayer with wiimotes. gamepad for single player or boost mode only.

Discovered that a few hours ago, when starting multiplayer with my wife. Dumbest. Design. Ever. Well, imo, anyway. "Want to play multiplayer?! With just two people?! GUESS WHAT, you get to buy 2 extra controllers, instead of just one!"

I seriously don't know how NSMBU got out to the public without the GamePad able to be used as a multiplayer controller, and not just Boost Rush in multiplayer. Consumers having to buy an extra controller, because the controller that comes WITH the system doesn't function in multiplayer? Seriously? I thought the game felt a bit rushed yesterday when I beat it, but after discovering the local multiplayer ONLY works with Wii Remotes, I think that confirms it for me. Trine 2 uses the GamePad and/or Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls for local multiplayer, NSMBU has no excuse other than rushing a product to launch IMO.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter: CoffeeWithGames

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaPPa

42. Posted:

I'm loving my Wii U and I've barely touched my PS3 or 360 since I got it.

So far I have NSMBU, NintendoLand, ZombiU, Mass Effect 3 (it was on sale), Ninja Gaiden 3, Black Ops 2, Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo. Over the next couple of months I'm looking forward to getting Rayman Legends and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

CaPPa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Musterd

43. Posted:

I love it, I got the deluxe one and Nintendoland is really good. I'm planning on getting NSMB U, scribblenauts Unlimited and Rayman (when it comes out)

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage
Avatar

daftspore

44. Posted:

I received the Wii-U at Christmas as a present from my wife. For the first few days I thought, yeah its ok, but something is missing (after playing nintendo land and NSMBU)
A few days later I picked up Zombiu and I have to say it is probably one of the best games I have played in 10 years. Sure it has its flaws but it shows what is possible with the Wii-U.

My 5 year old loves Nintendoland and I am gradually picking up wii games I missed so overall I give it B+ with room for improvement.

daftspore

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mudjo

45. Posted:

It's brilliant! I could do with buying more games though... But thats my problem.

This is a signature.
I mentioned signatures, which makes this a meta-signature,
A meta-signature mentioning meta-signatures is a meta-meta-signature.
Hence, this signature is infinitely meta. Does Meta-Knight have a self-awareness of his own name?

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8084-2308

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inazuma_Pikpik

46. Posted:

I love it!
Another plus for me is I have a decent collection on games already. Currently, I have Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, Skylanders Giants, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, Trine 2 Director's Cut and Little Inferno.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MarioKenny1992

47. Posted:

Glad to see more people enjoy their Wii Us ^_^

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

48. Posted:

So this is my least favorite Nintendo console since the Virtual Boy. I know that's really harsh but the only good thing about it right now is the VC trial campaign IMO.

I'm sure that'll change in 2015. Since there's literally nothing of importance coming out until at least Nov.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

49. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So this is my least favorite Nintendo console since the Virtual Boy. I know that's really harsh but the only good thing about it right now is the VC trial campaign IMO.

I'm sure that'll change in 2015. Since there's literally nothing of importance coming out until at least Nov.

What games do you have so far?

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

50. Posted:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

Big_L91 wrote:

yeah you can only play multiplayer with wiimotes. gamepad for single player or boost mode only.

Discovered that a few hours ago, when starting multiplayer with my wife. Dumbest. Design. Ever. Well, imo, anyway. "Want to play multiplayer?! With just two people?! GUESS WHAT, you get to buy 2 extra controllers, instead of just one!"

I seriously don't know how NSMBU got out to the public without the GamePad able to be used as a multiplayer controller, and not just Boost Rush in multiplayer. Consumers having to buy an extra controller, because the controller that comes WITH the system doesn't function in multiplayer? Seriously? I thought the game felt a bit rushed yesterday when I beat it, but after discovering the local multiplayer ONLY works with Wii Remotes, I think that confirms it for me. Trine 2 uses the GamePad and/or Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls for local multiplayer, NSMBU has no excuse other than rushing a product to launch IMO.

I got to agree with you. Not being able to use the GamePad on co-op NSMBU is pretty ridiculous.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

51. Posted:

My opinion on the Wii U overall is I like the system but outside of being a pretty big NIntendo fan I don't know why anyone would be to excited about it, yet anyway. Most of the games you can get on your PS360 (most likely a cheaper price) and who doesn't have one of those nowadays? I'm actually pretty surprised by Nintendo's first party offering for the "launch window" as it is pretty weak. The loading times are painfully slow so hopefully that improves. I might be the only one not that all impressed by Miiverse. I do really like off-TV play. This console definitely seems rushed to me but having said that I am optimistic that this will be a great system moving forward and things will only get better.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

52. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So this is my least favorite Nintendo console since the Virtual Boy. I know that's really harsh but the only good thing about it right now is the VC trial campaign IMO.

I'm sure that'll change in 2015. Since there's literally nothing of importance coming out until at least Nov.

What games do you have so far?

Just Mario and NLand. I don't have any Wiimotes so I can't access the bag log yet. Mario got boring very fast.

One thing I will say the Wii U does better than any other Nintendo console ever. The eShop theme!
I LOVE the Wii U's eShop music!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

53. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So this is my least favorite Nintendo console since the Virtual Boy. I know that's really harsh but the only good thing about it right now is the VC trial campaign IMO.

I'm sure that'll change in 2015. Since there's literally nothing of importance coming out until at least Nov.

What games do you have so far?

Just Mario and NLand. I don't have any Wiimotes so I can't access the bag log yet. Mario got boring very fast.

One thing I will say the Wii U does better than any other Nintendo console ever. The eShop theme!
I LOVE the Wii U's eShop music!

No Wiimotes? No wonder you aren't impressed! You can't access half the content in Nintendo Land! Not to mention it truly shines in multiplayer, I've brought it to parties and it's a blast. True, there isn't a lot else yet for the system, especially if you aren't interested in Miiverse. I do consider Sonic Racing, it's very deep and fun (the demo doesn't do it justice), and it's also great for multiplayer (offline and online). I've enjoyed Darksiders as well even if it's a port, off tv play is really handy, being able to play it around the house... Little Inferno is great albeit short. Other than those titles... Yeah, give it some time to build up titles, though I do recommend grabbing some remotes to open up your game options.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

54. Posted:

It sucks. Ask me again when Monster Hunter is out.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Farmboy74

55. Posted:

I've had my Wii U for about three weeks now, what I don't like is the clunky OS but that's scheduled to fixed in an future update by Nintendo and the life of the gamepad battery. What I do like is the two screen approach of the Wii U, Miiverse is certainly fun and interesting and I have spent plenty of time reading posts and looking at drawings. The biggest draw for me is offscreen play on the gamepad which is very impressive and if I'm knit picking, the gamepad would have benefited from an OLED screen? I brought a premium pack so I have Nintendo land. I also brought Assassins Creed 3 and Zombie U. I know things games wise are a bit slow at the minute but looking forward to Lego City, NFS Most Wanted, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101 & Bayonetta 2. E-shop wise looking to buy Neo assault, Trine 2 & Zen Pinball 2. Also got my original white Wii in for repair so I can transfer all my VC games over and take advantage of upgrading the NES and SNES games later on.

Edited on by Farmboy74

Farmboy74

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintengirl

56. Posted:

A bit disappointed because 1 month after I had mine the R trigger broke and it's gonna take like 2 weeks to fix. DX Just my luck, right? But otherwise, I really enjoyed it. They just need to fix the long loading times.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VesperPrism

57. Posted:

I am thinking of getting a Wii U but how is the Online multi-player? I don't have a single friend who owns a Wii U so local multi-player is out of the question. I love co-op games and I was very disappointed by the lack of online features in NSMB U so I decided against buying the console at launch. After watching the latest Nintendo Direct and the knowledge of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate my interest is back.

VesperPrism

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

58. Posted:

@VesperPrim

Wouldn't your friends not having Wii U's only take away from Online Multiplayer?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VesperPrism

59. Posted:

@TysonOfTime

Not at the. That is what Online gaming replaces, the need for real friends :) and the enjoyment of making new friends.

VesperPrism

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chomposaur

60. Posted:

good 6/10

... just theres no games that interest me just the four i have .. im going through a drought lol the next new game is monster hunter ... ive completed all 4 of my wii u games and all i use the wii u is the internet and miiverse.

i do think the wii u will do well 2013/14 is a good time to own a wii u with all the new games coming out. colours on miiverse would be nice lol

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306