Wii U Forum

Topic: Your opinions on Wii U so far

Showing 101 to 105 of 105

AuthorMessage

brooks83

101. Posted:

I always planned on getting a Wii U, but I'm going to wait until E3 and see what Sony and Microsoft are bringing to determine when I get one. If I'm not happy with what I see from Microsoft or Sony I will pick up a Wii U first. I need to see how Gaikai works before I consider a PS4. If I can stream all my games and PSN downloads I might be interested, otherwise I can wait a few years down the road.

I will say that I am warmimg up to the Wii U. At first I was very critical about the "Wii Mode", but after giving it some thought, it's not a big deal. At least I can still play all my VC and WiiWare games on the new console. It remains to be seen if digital purchases on PS3 or 360 will carry over to the new systems. I am pretty excited to see what is in store for the VC. I can also see a bright future for MiiVerse and the eShop. Who knows, maybe I will pick up a Wii U before the end of the year.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage

DF2506

102. Posted:

I got my Wii U on Feb 23rd, so I've had it a little over a week now. Here are my thoughts:

I LOVE IT!

Wii U is one of the best consoles I've ever owned. (I've had NES, SNES, Gamecube, Wii, PS1-3, Xbox, & Xbox 360).

I love the design of the system & even more so the gamepad. Love the gamepad. Its my favorite controller out now.

Miiverse is great. I'm addicted to Miiverse (maybe more than Twitter) and I really like Nintendo TVii, Wii Street U, etc.

Also: the Wii U can run netflix AND download demos. Which my PS3 could never do. I like how the system can do multiple things at once. The PS3 isn't very good at that. Heck neither were any of the other systems I use to have. Plus: the donwload speed (for updates, demos & the one big game I dl'd-Trine 2) on my Wii U is faster than it was with the PS3 and I haven't changed my internet service. The Wii U downloads faster than the PS3!

I got the 32 gig model, but I decided to get a hard-drive anyway. Glad I did. So much room to download whatever I want. :)

Now the system isn't perfect (it almost is though imo). It needs more games, loading times between menus could be faster, & I have had the system freeze up three times now (once when going from one menu to another, once when loading Trine 2, and another time with Wii Street U. But the PS3 froze up a ton, so not a big issue). Can't think of any other issues though.

Wii U is, without a doubt, my favorite system right now. So glad I got it. Can't wait to see Wind Waker HD, the next Zelda, and all the other cool games Nintendo will do for the system. E3 this year should be fantastic.

DF2506

DF2506

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

103. Posted:

I LOVE my Wii U! I am a loyal Nintendo fan! :D

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

104. Posted:

I love the WiiU and I don't even own one.

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Kage_88

105. Posted:

I've been very happy with my Wii U. Contrary to popular belief, there have been quite a few games released that provide a great amount of content. My library consists of New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Zombi U, Assassin's Creed 3, Batman: Arkham City, Darksiders 2, Sonic & All-Stars Racing, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Tekken Tag 2 & Trine 2. Also, there is the addictive Miiverse & Wii Street U, as well as the fast Internet browser, the ever-growing eShop library, and the sweet backwards compatibility with my many, many Wii games. There have been a few niggles though, such as the poor battery life for the GamePad, the wonky account system, and the current dearth of new releases.

I will admit too, that I've been using the console to play Xenoblade Chronicles recently. I'm determined to finish that thing!

EDIT: Oh, and I find the Wii U's efficiency regarding power consumption and heat absorbtion to be fantastic. I love how Nintendo took this aspect of the console's design seriously, and avoided simply craming in as much motherboard-melting components like Sony or Microsoft.

Edited on by Kage_88

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!