Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii U purchase!

Posts 501 to 520 of 556

NintendoByNature

Grabbed Tokyo mirage sessions for $14 in the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart. Not sure if I'll enjoy the game or not, but at $14, I'm willing to give it a try.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature That's about what I paid for the game off of Amazon a few months ago. I still haven't gotten around to playing it, but at least I have it! Plus I figured the price compared to the Switch release (with only a few changes) was pretty hard to ignore.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature I got the game a month before breath of the wild came out but have not even started it. Its not my type of game but I will give it a go once the never ending backlog finishes.

Arts academy atelier for 10 pounds. Bargain

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO haha yea. That stuff always happens to me to. If I see a bargain i grab it even if I wont touch it for a while.

NintendoByNature

gcunit

I have AC3 and AC4 screaming at me to play them on Wii U, but I told myself I wasn't allowed to until I'd completed The Ezio Collection, but I'm only a little way into Brotherhood at the moment.

Still find myself tempted to buy the Switch versions too though... 😁

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Banjo-

Not exactly my last purchase but I only started playing Sonic Lost World this week and it's much better than I expected. Is it a "hidden" gem or something? Frame rate is 60 fps most of the time, the spherical and oval worlds are more fun than in Super Mario Galaxy and controls are almost fine. Even the script is funny. Yeah, the Deadly Six are quite basic but the boss battles are not frustrating. I think that the game is pretty good, what do you guys think?

Banjo-

Taffy

And boom... just bought The Wonderful 101. Just Scribblenauts Unlimited and physical purchases will be done, will need to get cracking on the Wii U virtual console before Nintendo closes that down

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

gcunit

gcunit wrote:

I have AC3 and AC4 screaming at me to play them on Wii U, but I told myself I wasn't allowed to until I'd completed The Ezio Collection, but I'm only a little way into Brotherhood at the moment.

Still find myself tempted to buy the Switch versions too though... 😁

And what do you know, I bought AC3 on Switch over the weekend FML 🙊

Back on topic though, I also got LEGO The Hobbit for my kids last week.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FX102A

Although I am not in the regions that will undergo the Wii U eShop Shutdown of July 2020, the news was enough to get me to start acquiring Virtual Console Games that have been on my wishlist for a while.

Want to have more staggered purchasing rather than the big blowout I had with the Wii eShop shutdown. First up were Final Soldier on the TG16 & Metroid Zero Mission on the GBA.

FX102A

NintendoByNature

@FX102A Ive been planning accorindly since January and accumulating a few vc games per month depending on price. This way I won't have to drop $200+ in a month.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I've finally started gradually picking up those final few Wii U VC games I've been wanting. First up is the excellent Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. Never played it before and enjoying it so far. I like some of the changes when compared to the original game, though I kinda miss those dotted lines between points. Not to mention playing as a certain tie-wearing gorilla.

I'm debating about picking up the third and final Rare DKC towards the end of this month as well, but I might wait a bit depending on how my backlog looks.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I'm enjoying it so far! Only playing it every now and again on evenings where I don't really have the time or reserve brain power to sink into something with more text. It's serving as my backup game right now. XD

I do like how this one adds an actual goal, plus there are more Kongs to bother. Some very catchy tunes too. I last stopped at the beginning of Krem Quay (third area).

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Forgot to mention that I like their guitar and beatboxing solos when reaching a goal. XD

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx haha I know. That's great. I've been building up my wii u vc library too. Just random games. I forgot the last one i grabbed. May have been the og LoZ? I'm doing that zelda run now. Im currently on Alttp( on wii u)

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Thankfully I've already picked up most of what I want and eliminated grabbing a couple more since there are other means to play them. XD

On ALttP eh? Which Link's Awakening will you play next? 3DS VC or Switch?

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx ill do switch version. I love the visual style. Plus, it was a full price game so I might as well put it to use again 😜

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Haha, fair point! Plus, Link's Awakening DX, to get 100% completion if you're doing that, pretty much requires the player to be branded as THIEF lol. 😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic