Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii U purchase!

Posts 421 to 440 of 556

ninty

Playing Metroid Prime Trilogy now on my Wii U and it is excellent. Generally I think that regarding quality games Wii U is the best machine so far. My switch is cool in terms of portability but on my Wii U I have solid backlog of: all Metroids, Castlevania, Zelda, Mario. I mean there is literally no other console I can play such amazing games! Mario oddysey is great but only on Wii U I can play some bits of let's say Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, then switch to let's say Goldeneye 007, Super Castlevania and finish with Starfox Zero (or original StarFox). Virtual Console rocks + Wii + Wii U games full libraries.
From titles I bought recently I recommend Zack and Wiki (played it couple years ago but I bought it again and it is awesome). I mean there are soooo many good games available that it is hard to pick just couple of them

ninty

SuperLuigi111

Welp, got Deus Ex: Human Revolution in the mail today. I really don't like it. Too hard, and the controls are crazy weird. It seems impossible for me to find good games for Wii U and 3DS....worried about Devil's Third now. Can it break the curse?

SuperLuigi111

Moroboshi876

Today I'm going to buy Shantae Risky's Revenge. I'm just saying it because soon you'll have it on sale, after 1 year and a half without being discounted. It just took me to buy it. You'll see.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

onemorearrow

I bought the Breath of the Wild from Argos for £29.99 new the other day. I'm excited to get to play it but I'm currently only just starting out with the Wind Waker, which I am loving!

onemorearrow

Taffy

@SuperLuigi111 Stick it out mate, found it to be a really good game after a certain point (don't want to spoil it for you) but the beginning is a bit clunky and slow paced

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

SuperLuigi111

@Taffy Thanks mate. I needed that. I'm going to start a new game on easier difficulty and try again.

SuperLuigi111

Taffy

Not sure if this counts but I just got Pilotwings from the Wii U shop with the My Nintendo discount thing.

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

MaseSco

I've just ordered Rayman Legends & almost Wii Fit U, remembered I downloaded the trial version years ago so I'll use that. Not sure if I should wait for Pandoras Tower to go in a sale or buy it...?

MaseSco

Tyranexx

@MaseSco If you're interested, there's currently a 30% discount for Pandora's Tower via My Nintendo that costs 300 platinum coins.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MaseSco

@Tyranexx I just looked, but the closest Europe has is Xenoblade Chronicles for 40%. Thanks though. I do find it odd that the Wii U discounts on My Nintendo last until March 2020. Maybe that's it for Wii U EU? 🤔

MaseSco

Tyranexx

@MaseSco Ah, my apologies. I'm usually good about checking a user's region when making recommendations, but I neglected to this time. 😅

The irony is that I'd love that Xenoblade Chronicles discount, but the closest equivalent in NA right now is the more expensive N3DS version. Normally I'd propose a code trade (if that XC discount was for platinum coins), but I don't think that would work due to region locking.

I'll never say never, but for the digital Wii titles, I highly doubt they'll ever be discounted outside of My Nintendo at this point. Discounts are available for roughly three months here, normally added around the beginning of the month, and, if redeemed, the discount can be applied up to a month after redemptions are no longer available.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

MaseSco

@Tyranexx Haha, no problem.
As for the discount period, it was the same here but for some reason all the ones for Wii U are until 2020 but the 3DS ones still follow the same pattern as NA. Haven't seen any new Wii U discounts for a while too.... #forgotten
I'll probably get XC anyway, but I'll hold out hope for Pandora.

MaseSco

Tyranexx

@MaseSco Hopefully it'll come around at some point. I'm mildly tempted by Pandora's Tower too, but I might hold off for now. I have enough backlogged games already. XD

MaseSco

@Tyranexx Ah game backlogs... every gamers bane. I can hold out for a while as I work through mine.

MaseSco

Tyranexx

@MaseSco Heh, same. Truth be told, the backlog is one of the reasons why I don't have a Switch yet....It's only going to grow once I get one. XD

MaseSco

@Tyranexx Haha I know the feeling. I'm still going through Zelda BotW & Mario U on Wii U. Still so so many others to even start.

MaseSco

Tyranexx

@MaseSco Heh, I havent even played BotW yet. I know that game will at least swallow 100+ hours of my life! XD

MaseSco

@Tyranexx Yeah, I'm 35 hours in and only done one dungeon. Been spending most of my time doing side quests and exploration. Great so far though.

MaseSco

1UP_MARIO

Haven’t purchased anything recently but it’s a console me and my family love and gave us hours and hours of fun and we still play.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic